Call of Duty Black Ops Supermarket Prices - All Supermarkets Confirmed!

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
Welcome to our Call of Duty Black Ops price watch thread! If you're new here, you might want to check out our latest competition. We're giving away all current gen games consoles, an iPad and a 1 year subscription to LOVEFiLM!

Supermarket and In-Store Prices
[IMG-R=6910]19205[/IMG-R]Tesco
£25 on 360/PS3 with bought with either a 2100 points card, 3 months Live membership, or a £20 PSN card. (Both in-store and online)

Sainsbury's
£27.97 with a minimum £30 spend. Otherwise, £37.97.

Morrisons
£29.99 when bought with another chart game, £39.99 otherwise.

GAME
£24.99 when bought with any other chart 360/PS3 game or selected trade (source)

Gamestation
£24.99 when bought with selected titles.

[IMG-R=101]19170[/IMG-R]ASDA
£36.97 when bought alone, or £4.97 when you trade in Fable 3, Fallout New Vegas, or Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2. CONFIRMED, image source user "c4c" on hotukdeals.

Best Online Deals
Amazon have the best online deal at the moment, if you're looking for the game alone.
:360: £36.97 from Amazon
:ps3: £36.97 from Amazon

Or if you're happy to buy some Microsoft points along with it, Tesco's £25 detail is also available online:
:360: :ps3: £25 when bought with 2100 Microsoft points/3 months LIVE membership/£20 PSN card

Trade-in Deals
- GAME are doing Black Ops for half price when you trade in Halo Reach. (Unconfirmed)
- HMV are doing Black Ops on 360 for £7.99 when you trade in Medal of Honor (360).
- Tesco are offering £24 for trading in Halo Reach.

[IMG-R=6910]19192[/IMG-R]Expired or Cancelled Deals
Call of Duty Black Ops for £20 from www.woolworths.co.uk (thread here) - It appears that customers who are calling to check on the deal are getting their orders cancelled, whereas lots of others still show up as valid. We're waiting to see if they'll deliver. Either way, the codes have been deactivated and no longer work for new orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if my woolies order falls through i think i'll do that HMV deal

Edit: woolies cancelled looks like its HMV for me then.

I know people have said there won't be the 27 quid deals at the supermarkets again but surely one of them will be tempted. That's what I keep hoping anyway :eek:)

I have a link to a thread with a guy who says his mum is a store manager at Sainsburys and that the first delivery of games there will be £25 each, although it will be limited to 1 game per customer, per system.

However, I'm classed as a newbie at the moment so can't post the link.

[quote name='Rowe9']I have a link to a thread with a guy who says his mum is a store manager at Sainsburys and that the first delivery of games there will be £25 each, although it will be limited to 1 game per customer, per system.

However, I'm classed as a newbie at the moment so can't post the link.[/QUOTE]

Ok, well two other sources have confirmed £25 at Sainsbury's... so it seems likely.

Your move, Morrisons.

Would not be surprised if at the last minute they announce they're either matching Sainsburys or undercutting them by a quid again.

Also, while three confirmations seems likely, any more info from Sainsbury's employees would be appreciated. :)

FYI, the Woolies deal has fallen through. So seems like i will be hunting the Supermarkets again. Will keep a close eye on this thread.

In regards to the HMV deal, can I do that on a preorder basis? I.E Go in on the weekend and trade in MOH, give 8quid, and get a reciept that would entitle me to pick up Black Ops on release day.. or something along those lines? Or is it a deal only for when the game is officially on store shelves?

:twoguns::twoguns::twoguns::twoguns:Hi, Im a dept manager at Sainsburys and the only rumors we've had around the office is that the game will be on a buy and save deal like we did with Fifa 11, i.e : spend £30 or more on shopping and get the game at a discounted price. A full launch pack will be available on stores connect site sometime on friday 5th with more info on price and availablity. It all depends on what other supermarkets or planning to do as to competition on price :twoguns:

Can anyone tell me what Tescos Entertainment are like for release date deliveries? Think that they might be the best ones to go with as i'm not sure i can be bothered hunting the bargain in supermarkets.

OK this might sound like a really stupid question but what's stopping anyone buying the gamestation game deal, and just returning the other game?

I imagine thy would have thought of this but i can't find anything in the description that would indicate this isn't possible.

If you mean trading in the highest value CEX price match is New Vegas at £32+1 so you would be effectively paying £32 which isn't too bad if there are games you want on the horizon.
If you mean returning unopened for a refund I would have though they'd want both games back.

Sainsburys deal is the one for me.

@John the way you are laying the deals out is really good.

Strange things on the Woolworths front for me; I have receipt of payment from PayPal but no order confirmation/cancellation or anything from Woolworths, in fact when I go on their site the game is still in my basket. I have a feeling I'm going to rage at some point.

Woolies cancelled mine, refunded me £25.

But considering I tried to pre-order the PC version and it was only 35 anyway i had to make it up to 40 quid so the code would work. I added some iphone car charger for £10 quid making the total 45. after the 20 quid off i paid 25 for both the game and charger.

They have just refunded me 25 pound and still sent me the charger. therefore although its a pain in the arse I managed to get a free £10 car charger for free. so cant be too pissed. Guess ill pre-order with some-one else now.

went down to asdas today to try and reseve my copy but was told they nolonger taking preorders on black ops (gits) so im im gonna have to get there early to make sure i get my copy

I think the HMV offer is probably the best out of them.
I'm already bored of MOH, £8 is just a great bargain. Compared to the GAME offer it's just totally ridiculous. Trade in Halo Reach/F1 2010/Dead Rising 2 or Fifa 11 PS3 and you get COD for £24.99 YOU WHAT!!!!

Allow me to reword Gamestation's "deal".

Get Black Ops for £40 when bought with any other £25 game!
Many of those games available sub-£25...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like the Sainsburys deal is false.

I just rang up my local Sainsburys, and they are doing a midnight launch, but it's gonna be £37.99. :(

[quote name='MightyJordan']I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like the Sainsburys deal is false.

I just rang up my local Sainsburys, and they are doing a midnight launch, but it's gonna be £37.99. :([/QUOTE]

That would suck if true.

And I just rang up ASDA. They're doing a midnight release as well, but they don't know the price yet. The guy I talked to reckoned they won't know for sure until Sunday.

Off topic and I'm really not a spelling Nazi but surprised to see T3 misspeell "you're" in that article!

Tesco online starting to seem my favourite option. They got me Reach the day before release which was good enough for me.

I work at a Sainsbury's and managed to catch a glimpse of some paperwork. According to that, it's £27.84 when you spend £30 or more.

[quote name='PaulIsLegendish']I work at a Sainsbury's and managed to catch a glimpse of some paperwork. According to that, it's £27.84 when you spend £30 or more.[/QUOTE]

Nice, that's roughly in line with what we've been hearing. Next time take a picture though! ;) (Just in a sneaky way so you won't lose your job.)

My local Asda is offering a free t-shirt and guide with pre-orders. But the game is still full price.

Tesco put ads out in a few papers, but without a CoD price. £24 trade in value for Halo Reach, though.

Just tried the Tesco pre-order but I get "You can't use that promotional code here". Anyone had any luck with it?

[quote name='giskard']Just tried the Tesco pre-order but I get "You can't use that promotional code here". Anyone had any luck with it?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem to be working anymore, probably doesnt count as a preorder now they have stock in and are sending them.

[quote name='SirStuie']Doesn't seem to be working anymore, probably doesnt count as a preorder now they have stock in and are sending them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Damn, left it too late. I guess my next best option is Amazon and hope they drop the price on release day. I ended up with refunds on Reach, Fable III and Move when they did that so there is a chance!

(I'm not sure why your sig cracks me up quite as much as it does!)

[quote name='Rowe9']Anyone know if there are rules to what your £30 spend has to be on for the Sainsburys deal.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think so. Shouldn't be too difficult spending £30 or so on some booze and gummi bears (or chocolate chip cookies if you prefer). :lol:

UPDATE: Found this on PR News.

"This offer cannot be used in conjunction when purchasing fuel, phone top ups, cigarettes etc." sourced from an Sainsbury's employee.

I also read earlier, its 2 for £15 on various packs of booze. so 4 of those = sorted. :)

One of the comments on PR News (from a Sainsbury's employee as well apparently) states you could buy the 4 packs of beer and then the game, then take the beer back in for a refund. A bit cheeky tho!

[quote name='Rowe9']Anyone know if there are rules to what your £30 spend has to be on for the Sainsburys deal.[/QUOTE]

Aaaaaand cue list of expensive single items in the store.

I can see it now everyone walking out of the store with CoD:BlOps, bottle of whisky and a full salmon.

[quote name='JimmyDeemo']Aaaaaand cue list of expensive single items in the store.

I can see it now everyone walking out of the store with CoD:BlOps, bottle of whisky and a full salmon.[/QUOTE]
unless you ask some kind housewife to lob cod in with her shopping :D

Does anyone know how the Sainsburys deal works. Do you buy the game at the same time of your £30 spend? Or do you take your £30 spend receipt to the entertainment bit, and then get the game?

Im suprised no one has posted this but if you have MOH (Mint condition apparently) and have a local HMV you can trade that in and get Black ops for £8.

CONFIRM BY MY LOCAL STORE BOTH ON PHONE AND FACE 2 FACE and the maxconsole [dot] net website. (4th Page)

[quote name='Jinkolite']Im suprised no one has posted this but if you have MOH (Mint condition apparently) and have a local HMV you can trade that in and get Black ops for £8.

CONFIRM BY MY LOCAL STORE BOTH ON PHONE AND FACE 2 FACE and the maxconsole [dot] net website. (4th Page)[/QUOTE]

We've already posted that, it's in the first post.

I've heard solid whispers that there is a £29 COD deal being announced in a day or so. Without needing to purchase anything else - and there'll be plenty of stock. If it's announced before I get confirmation then I'll not post here but if I hear back then I'll shout and link.

bread's done
Back