10% Off Black Ops Wal-Mart.com Pre-Order (release date shipping?)

oTHR33o

CAG Veteran
Okay so about 2 days ago I used some of my PayPal money to buy some stuff at Wal-Mart.com and I was browsing through games when I saw that Black Ops (in my case for PS3) said "Click to see price" where the price should be. So I clicked and turns out they are doing 10% off when you pre-order Black Ops. So I did. Other things I have ordered recently showed up under 'My Orders' with something along the lines of: Estimated shipping date:11/15/10-11/19/10. Black Ops on the other hand, only said Estimated shipping date:11/09/10. I also realized that everything else I ordered gave me options for different types of shipping, again, Black Ops did not. It's quite possible that I paid 97 cents for release-day shipping. It makes sense, considering the lack of shipping options for Black Ops, it's possible that I ALREADY have the highest shipping option. I have the game 100% paid for..

This is what my invoice says:
Call of Duty - Black Ops

Processing
Will arrive on Tuesday, 11/09/10.

Subtotal: $53.96

Shipping: $0.97
Estimated Sales Tax: $4.39
Order Total: $59.32

Am I right or what? If so, GameStop can eat it.. LOLZ

Not bad..

I got the $20 e card back in June and I got them to change my price to $53.96 as well..

The $10 e card isn't too bad though...

[quote name='oTHR33o']Okay so about 2 days ago I used some of my PayPal money to buy some stuff at Wal-Mart.com and I was browsing through games when I saw that Black Ops (in my case for PS3) said "Click to see price" where the price should be. So I clicked and turns out they are doing 10% off when you pre-order Black Ops. So I did. Other things I have ordered recently showed up under 'My Orders' with something along the lines of: Estimated shipping date:11/15/10-11/19/10. Black Ops on the other hand, only said Estimated shipping date:11/09/10. I also realized that everything else I ordered gave me options for different types of shipping, again, Black Ops did not. It's quite possible that I paid 97 cents for release-day shipping. It makes sense, considering the lack of shipping options for Black Ops, it's possible that I ALREADY have the highest shipping option. I have the game 100% paid for..

Call of Duty - Black Ops

Processing

Am I right or what? If so, GameStop can eat it.. LOLZ[/QUOTE]
dont you think Amazon's deal is better?

I ordered Medal of Honor from Walmart.com on the Monday night before release. The delivery date still said it was the next day. It didn't get here until the next Monday.

But on the upside, USPS screwed up and sent it to Florida (1500 miles away) when it was just 50 miles from my house. I emailed Walmart and they sent me a new one because they said it was lost in the mail. I ended up getting both copies.

[quote name='ral1121']dont you think Amazon's deal is better?[/QUOTE]

"200 Pre-order Bonus Points"? Umm... No.

[quote name='oTHR33o']Okay so about 2 days ago I used some of my PayPal money to buy some stuff at Wal-Mart.com and I was browsing through games when I saw that Black Ops (in my case for PS3) said "Click to see price" where the price should be. So I clicked and turns out they are doing 10% off when you pre-order Black Ops. So I did. Other things I have ordered recently showed up under 'My Orders' with something along the lines of: Estimated shipping date:11/15/10-11/19/10. Black Ops on the other hand, only said Estimated shipping date:11/09/10. I also realized that everything else I ordered gave me options for different types of shipping, again, Black Ops did not. It's quite possible that I paid 97 cents for release-day shipping. It makes sense, considering the lack of shipping options for Black Ops, it's possible that I ALREADY have the highest shipping option. I have the game 100% paid for..

Call of Duty - Black Ops

Processing

yea mine says the exact same thing

If I don't get it on release day, I'll be mad and Wal-Mart will pay dearly. The fact that they did not offer me any shipping options whatsoever will help my cause I'm sure. That's IF I don't get it on Tuesday.

[quote name='oTHR33o']If I don't get it on release day, I'll be mad and Wal-Mart will pay dearly. The fact that they did not offer me any shipping options whatsoever will help my cause I'm sure. That's IF I don't get it on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. I ordered New Vegas with release date delivery, and it got here on the 20th. I called them up saying my order didn't arrive and they said they can't do anything about it. It is out of their hands.

That will be the last time I will preorder through Walmart.com

[quote name='oTHR33o']"200 Pre-order Bonus Points"? Umm... No.[/QUOTE]

you do know what the "200 bonus points" are right?

What are Pre-order Bonus Points?
Pre-order Bonus Points are redeemable for any item in the Amazon.com Video Games store. 200 Pre-order Bonus Points are worth a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of any item from the Amazon Video Games store shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Your points will be automatically converted to promotional credit, and will be automatically added to your account with a qualifying purchase.

There is so much wrong on the OP and the posts by him following it. Seriously OP, next year on this same day you should check this post and laugh it off

Glad you will stop purchasing your video games at gamestop. that is the right attitude!

You will learn young grasshopper...you will learn and jump on the green grass higher than what you used to.

[quote name='oTHR33o']"200 Pre-order Bonus Points"? Umm... No.[/QUOTE]

and this is why activision is not allowing the gift card promos. If you name it as something else, it'll fool someone!!

[quote name='oTHR33o']"200 Pre-order Bonus Points"? Umm...No.[/QUOTE]

ummmm...you have no idea huh?

so: $10 > $20 ?????????

[quote name='ral1121']ummmm...you have no idea huh?

so: $10 > $20 ?????????[/QUOTE]

I have an idea that Black Ops is the ONLY game I am looking forward to for the rest of this YEAR. That being said, I'd rather have a discount on the item I am buying than $20 towards your NEXT game purchase. The point of my post was to inform people that you could get Black Ops at THE CHEAPEST possible price online right now. So there. *blows raspberry*

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I ordered Medal of Honor from Walmart.com on the Monday night before release. The delivery date still said it was the next day. It didn't get here until the next Monday.

But on the upside, USPS screwed up and sent it to Florida (1500 miles away) when it was just 50 miles from my house. I emailed Walmart and they sent me a new one because they said it was lost in the mail. I ended up getting both copies.[/QUOTE]

Since when does Wal-Mart use USPS? Regular shipping is FedEx.

[quote name='oTHR33o']I have an idea that Black Ops is the ONLY game I am looking forward to for the rest of this YEAR. That being said, I'd rather have a discount on the item I am buying than $20 towards your NEXT game purchase. The point of my post was to inform people that you could get Black Ops at THE CHEAPEST possible price online right now. So there. *blows raspberry*[/QUOTE]

You can't find ANYTHING to spend that $20 on? It doesn't have to be a new release.. I mean it could be an older game or even Microsoft points/PSN cards. Unless you have to pay tax on Amazon.com purchases or have a Wal-Mart gift card(s).. you can't really justify this as "the better deal".

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']You can't find ANYTHING to spend that $20 on? It doesn't have to be a new release.. I mean it could be an older game or even Microsoft points/PSN cards. Unless you have to pay tax on Amazon.com purchases or have a Wal-Mart gift card(s).. you can't really justify this as "the better deal".[/QUOTE]

Did I say it was better for EVERYONE? No. Better for me? Yes. By all means if you have Amazon Prime and shop constantly for video games, their deal is great. I really do not understand why people hate so much on forums. I'm glad I helped someone out at least.

[quote name='Link_OoT']Did Wal-Mart take off their 0.98 cent release day shipping offer off? I no longer see it listed..[/QUOTE]

Actually, the weird thing is that it doesn't say "release date shipping" anywhere on there. Just the 97 cent ship to home option, but it IS release date shipping, trust me. I just got confirmation of this no less than an hour ago in my inbox saying it has just been shipped through FedEx and will arrive on Tuesday before 4:30PM.

This is why I wanted to post this up, because it's truly a "find". It's almost like they wanted to keep it secret or something.

Call of Duty - Black Ops

Processing

How can this Walmart "deal" be better than Amazon's?
You paid (order total) $59.32 and you receive nothing extra.
I paid (order total including release-date delivery) $60.98 and I'm receiving a $20gc.
Sorry but am I missing something here?

[quote name='ral1121']dont you think Amazon's deal is better?[/QUOTE]

i like the kmart deal, if you can convince the people to use the $25 credit thing on the game that you save $20 on, meaning 45$ savings :O
but, that's if :)

bread's done
Back