Hoard (psn)

Ch33pSh33p

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Release date: 11/2/2010 (NA, EU release is planned for December)
Official website: http://www.hoardgame.com/
Price: $14.99

The game has you playing as a dragon who's main objective is to collect treasure to take back to the lair while battling knights and other dragons along with other foes such as giants. There are 4 game modes including co-op.

There's no demo at the moment but I did play the game for about an hour and so far have been liking it. The online multiplayer seemed to work well and while I haven't tried local yet, it does support that as well.

The hoard mode in particular was pretty addictive but definitely tough as your health doesn't regenerate automatically and once you die, it's game over.

Anyone else own the game as well or plan on getting it?

I _might_ give this a try, but jeez, $15 is way overpriced for this one. If it weren't for the dearth of quality PSN releases as of late I would just wait for a price drop.

I agree on the price being too much... I might snag it if it drops in a month or so. A real single player campaign would have probably helped. Throwing in the PSP version for free would have also had a better impact. I seriously doubt I'll pay for this twice... even on sale.

I took it more as a multiplayer oriented game and in that aspect, felt like the price could be justified. However, don't expect much fun from the single player after a while as you need human players to keep it fun IMO.

So is anyone playing this? It was on sale for $7.50 for a week so I assume all the people asking for a $10 drop got the game...

I just got it and had a ton of fun playing local 2-player. I really wanted to go 4 player but couldn't find any games online (I assume everyone is playing Black Ops or AC:B?). can we set up a time for CAGs to meet and play?

Got into a multiplayer game last night after just a minute of waiting. We played treasure mode with 3 people for awhile, and then did some 3 player co-op. Was lots of fun. We should definitely set up a time for us to play sometime soon. My wife will also play locally, so I can bring two people, meaning we just need 1-2 more people.

I'll post a message next time I know I have an open timeslot in the evening. Best times for me tend to be 8-10 Central time.

I never got in on the sale as I was not sure if it had enough people to play online...

Next time I am down to get the game if it goes on sale again.

Hopefully you get someone to play though, it looked like a cool concept.

I tried hosting a game but no one joined, so I just played 2-player local with my wife. After we were finished I tried joining a game just for the hell of it, and I ended up getting into a hosted game so we played a couple of rounds 3 player. Then the host got someone to play local as well, so we had 4-player (2 at each location) for about an hour. Was pretty fun.

bread's done
Back