CAGcast #218: I Love You, Raptor

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Cheapy, I'm sure someone out there could send you a copy of Quantum of Solace, I no longer have mine but it was $10 at BB a few years ago. it's playable but not not a great game.

[quote name='Darknyss']um, Wombat, Toro is the company that makes snow shovels/blowers not Toto![/QUOTE]

you are correct, now no one will ever be able to trust me again

the line at tru times square can be explained with the following

they were giving away 2 free games and 1 year of live to the first 3000 people who bought it. also first 400 were invited to some launch party.

Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
- Dr. Ian Malcolm

Clever girl...

Isn't getting ESPN 3 on your XBOX dependent upon your ISP, and not whether you have it on your cable package? Also, you can buy Goldeneye Wii with a special gold dual analog classic controller.

Cheapy's distaste for the Kinect comes fast and furious, lol

Correction: DJ Max Portable is KOREAN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironic how Cheapy laughs at the suckers lining up to buy a piece of shit because they saw it on tv and then he pulls and Oprah with his toilet seat CAG email.

That raptor bit was the least funny thing that ever made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt. You have amazing powers Wombat.

I can't believe people are actually debating on spending $50 for NBA Jam.

Yeah, it looks fun and cool but 50 bucks?! It is pretty obvious they are trying to recoup money after their NBA Elite failure by banking on the one part of the game that didn't look like crap. This should be an XBLA release.

Great show as always. Although a special thanks goes to CHEAPY, all day long I have the James Bond theme playing in my head whenever I do anything. Just sent an email "Du du da daaaaaa", Just finished a report "Du du da daaaaa", just took a shit "Du du da daaaaa".

Hey Cheapy,

You and the rest of the press have had a ton of exposure to Kinect. Enough to take the sheen off. For the rest of us, we want to try the new toy man. I'd buy it just for the cool factor of the interface navigation stuff. Why wouldn't you be able to get that?

You live in Japan. They still have arcades there right? Kinect is the more pricey elaborate arcade game in the corner. The one with the unique interface that costs a bit more to play.

My favorite party game is Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party for the dance game. I've gotten 4 adults playing that and really had a blast. Playing something like that without the need of controllers would be a dream.

I hope that shines some light on why some of us who don't have kids would be excited about Kinect. Love the show.

P.S. Why can't I find Forza 3 Ultimate Collection on the site? I was hoping to find the best price for it.

[quote name='Thanos2001']Hey Cheapy,

You and the rest of the press have had a ton of exposure to Kinect. Enough to take the sheen off. For the rest of us, we want to try the new toy man. I'd buy it just for the cool factor of the interface navigation stuff. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, about that...

I found that the Kinect Hub, which is brought up by either waving your hand while on the "classic" Xbox 360 Dashboard or saying "Xbox Kinect" is functional, but, if anything, requires far more effort to perform the most simple tasks than simply using a controller and the regular Dashboard. Here's the problem: In order to select something, you have to hover your hand over it for a three-count. Then, there's a delay as an extremely simplified version of, say, your friends list comes up. Navigating further into the menus is just as slow, as is navigating back out.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/04/kinect-review/

Wasn't there a full disc version of NBA Elite 11 out already? Or was it a beta disc?

Sounds like a collectors item, perhaps the rarest 360 game behind Dead Space Limited Edition?

Did you guys know Danny Trejo is Raul The Ghoul in New Vegas?

[quote name='Wombat']you are correct, now no one will ever be able to trust me again[/QUOTE]

You mean you took advantage of me and my laughter with your false claims!?

Shame on you Wombat...shame on you.

The thought of seeing a video of Wombat bathing has forced me to stab my eyes out with a pencil.

Wait, wait, wait......

Cheapy, you would buy a new television, with a gimmick inarguably less popular and more expensive than motion controls, so you can give us impressions of 3D gaming? You "did it for us"? What kind of bullshit do you eat for breakfast, Cheapy?

It was "just a couple hundred dollars more" for this passing fad of 3D-ness yet the Kinect is only $150; The Move only $100. You dismiss an entire genre of gaming and it's 4 year proven history out of hand and embrace a niche gimmick that you've already said was underwhelming and won't last?

Nerd it up with those special glasses, dude. And tell us when the headaches begin.

This CAGcast was owned by Wombat. I loved the way he threw himself into every topic and took chances to elevate the show.

[quote name='bmulligan']Wait, wait, wait......

Cheapy, you would buy a new television, with a gimmick inarguably less popular and more expensive than motion controls, so you can give us impressions of 3D gaming? You "did it for us"? What kind of bullshit do you eat for breakfast, Cheapy?

It was "just a couple hundred dollars more" for this passing fad of 3D-ness yet the Kinect is only $150; The Move only $100. You dismiss an entire genre of gaming and it's 4 year proven history out of hand and embrace a niche gimmick that you've already said was underwhelming and won't last?

Nerd it up with those special glasses, dude. And tell us when the headaches begin.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I thought this was hilarious. Cheapy talking crap about all the 'sheep' who went out and bought Kinect and then he brags about his new 3D TV. Say "Baaaaaa" Cheapy. Classic.

The look of the new dashboard does suck. Some blinding white in there. Very plain. Brings back memories of the good 'ole days of DOS. It's almost like they needed some more cpu/gpu cycles or memory for Kinect processing so they made it flatter and more plain.

Ship hit the nail on the head. Let us re-arrange the interface to suit our needs ala the hi-tech Wii!!!!!
Been saying that for awhile.

ESPN app is great imo, but didn't know you need cabletv to see it. Thought you just needed your ISP to be on-board. No doubt its part of the price increase. It's the future of TV though- same with Netflix. Interface is smart and slick.

[quote name='bmulligan']Wait, wait, wait......

Nerd it up with those special glasses, dude. And tell us when the headaches begin.[/QUOTE]

People are weird... They're willing to pay a premium for something that interests them, but when it comes to something like the Kinect anyone who would buy such a thing must be crazy.

Rockband doesn't interest me at all, but the CAGCast guys seem to love it. I'm guessing they spent way more on the various instruments than I spent to play Dance Central, but whatever. :roll:
I spent $99 on the Kinect during Microsoft's Labor Day Sale and $33.33 for Dance Central during Target's B2G1 sale

Great new podcast guys... but onto business. Really out of date business.

Shipwreck, you recently snagged Flux and enjoy it. Have you thought about getting into ACTUAL board gaming? Not to sound like one of those elitist prick euro gamer kind of guys but based on some of the stuff you enjoy, I think you could really get into it. Especially since you live in Cincinatti Ohio which brings me to the next point, in Columbus Ohio, every year hosts one of the largest board gaming conventions in the US (Origins) and I'm going this next year. I'd be interested is sitting down and playing a game or three of Dominion or something with you.

Also, Wombat, when he mentioned this game, I nearly screamed out for your Flux Capacitor joke because you were VERY close to making a very nerdy joke I've made. Flux is made by Looney Labs that also publishes the official card game of Back to the Future. And yes, there is a Flux Capacitor in that game...

Goddam I'm a nerd....

Great show other than the fact i was eating a steak when all of the sudden wombat starts talking about going to the bathroom outside and how he had to bath in his kitchen. *SHUDDERS*

People that don't piss in the shower are weird. It's only natural to get in there have the running water get your blatter thinking about pissing. What are you going to do? Get out of the shower to piss when there is a perfectly good drain to aim down?

Good show guys.

I'll be waiting to hear about Cheapy's Quattron TV as that was the model (maybe not the 3D or 60" version though) that I was looking into for a future purchase. I'm expecting a full review with pictures and video Cheapy, don't let me down!

Does Wombat slip a WKRP reference into every podcast? I think there was one last week too, and I can remember others, but I don't have time to go back and listen.

[quote name='strife18']Good show guys.

I'll be waiting to hear about Cheapy's Quattron TV as that was the model (maybe not the 3D or 60" version though) that I was looking into for a future purchase. I'm expecting a full review with pictures and video Cheapy, don't let me down![/QUOTE]

But your monitor won't be able to display the color yellow correctly. You won't get the full effect until you contribute to Sharp's marketing budget and they start sourcing material with a new yellow signal. Some people will buy anything they see in a commercial.

The opening moments of this particular show had me rolling with laughter. Thanks for another quality show from all three of you.

[quote name='xlaxparkax']Oh, silly raptor. Goodness gracious, that was funny.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. That was the lowest moment on the show yet. I cringed. I love the Cagcasts. And I noticed the Shipwreck, the smart one, stayed well away from that bit. If you guys want to do bits, I suggest you write them in advance, and double check them for humor. As if the starting cornyness wasn't enough. Raptor was a sketch fit for a 3 year old.

Aside from that, great show, shorter than I'd like, but then we're all Jews around here, so we've heard that before.

Just played Dance Central. It's friggin' awesome. But they'll need 10 more games that good to make the Kinect a 'good deal'. And as far as I can tell, they have 0 more.

Don't come down too hard on us early adopters (Shipwreck clearly included). We just paid for that 3D 60" screen. Oh, but did you consider an HD projector instead? Could get 80" of screen for $1200.

bread's done
Back