Feedback
9 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
There are only 4 Kinect launch games that has had good to decent reviews:

- Kinect Sports
- Dance Central
- Sonic Free Riders
- Kinectimals

Anything else aside from those... stay away.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']There are only 4 Kinect launch games that has had good to decent reviews:

- Kinect Sports
- Dance Central
- Sonic Free Riders
- Kinectimals

Anything else aside from those... stay away.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, except I would only add that Kinectimals is for kids... I bought the other 3 on that list from Target's b2g1 and they are all a ton of fun. Kinect Sport's track games are way cooler than I thought they'd be.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']There are only 4 Kinect launch games that has had good to decent reviews:

- Kinect Sports
- Dance Central
- Sonic Free Riders
- Kinectimals

Sonic got crap reviews everywhere except IGN.
I have been following Kinect a lot on forums, based on impression (I don't have it yet), it seems the best games are Kinect Sports and Dance Central, followed by Kinectimals, Dance Masters and Your Shape Fitness.

To me the single best game is Dance Central, followed closely by Kinect Sports and then Kinectimals. Of course those are the only 3 games I own for it too. So I guess the reviewers got it right basically as far as I can tell.

If you're not afraid to dance around and possibly look like an idiot, Dance Central is very good. It can actually teach you to dance somewhat if you're completely retarded when it comes to dancing (like me). You can set it to easy and it will have you mimic the moves and you can even slow it down if you need and do it over and over. If you can't have fun with dancing around though, go for Kinect Sports as long as you have someone else to play it with. If you have a younger kid, also get Kinectimals. I haven't played that one yet but it is clearly adorable and so doesnt matter if it sucks because your kids will love it anyway.

Hmm... That's basically 2 games for $72, or $36 each. Not bad at all. I might have to jump on Kinect Sports and Kinectimals (hoping to get Dance Central free from Old Navy on Black Friday).

The B2G1 free at Target, for me, would have been $108 after tax. That breaks down to $36 each, so this is actually just as good a deal.

Giant Bomb has done a Kinect marathon, playing through about nine games once they got the thing.

Dance Central, Kinect Sports are both the top games to get. But Your Shape: Fitness Evolved is pretty slick for not really being a game. That one is for those who actually want to do a workout, but it seems solid.

Dance Masters is, well... it's DDR but without the mat. Even down to the music and rather grating arcade personality it has. Sonic Freeriders requires a spine, really. If you have any back issues at all, you'll snap in half after a few races.

Kinectimals looks great, and a bit more structured than I thought which for kids it means that they should stay with it for longer than a few days. But for anyone over nine it would be almost irritating how adorable it is. And the flying pixie/furry thing got on my nerves FAST.

Joyride was going to be a freemium game by Microsoft, now it's a $50 game. That should tell you how much content the game really has. Also, driving without actual controls doesn't seem fun to me. Adrenalin Misfits, see thoughts on Sonic Freeriders. But somehow it's even more annoying by trying to be EXXXXXTREEEEEME!

Yay! With the COD credit coming in, this will be an awesome deal for me. Black Friday isn't even here yet but these damn sites are already sucking me dry...... -_-

Items (2): $94.51
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$23.63
Total Before Tax: $70.88
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
Order Total:$70.88

For Kinectimals (yes I have young kids) and Kinect Sports (should have been packed in, wat are micro$oft, dumpid?).

Better than B2G1 at 8% (really greater) sales tax and considering 50 cents for gas to get to and from Target, and I'd have ended up with a spare game to sell, Dance Central, since I already have it and couldn't bare to buy another crappy game.

San Dimas High School Football CAG Rules!

Hmmmm. I just bought Dance Masters from Walmart, but I could return it. Haven't opened it yet. Was thinking of the Fitness game or Kinect Sports.

[quote name='ianoid']Items (2): $94.51
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$23.63
Total Before Tax: $70.88
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
Order Total:$70.88

For Kinectimals (yes I have young kids) and Kinect Sports (should have been packed in, wat are micro$oft, dumpid?).

Better than B2G1 at 8% (really greater) sales tax and considering 50 cents for gas to get to and from Target, and I'd have ended up with a spare game to sell, Dance Central, since I already have it and couldn't bare to buy another crappy game.

San Dimas High School Football CAG Rules![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Microsoft is smart. Kinect Sports was in the top 10 of videogames sales on Amazon the last time I looked. I don't think Kinect Adventures would be if you switched pack ins.

The ones I'm getting:
Dance Central - duh
Dance Masters - different enough compared to Dance Central in terms of both playstyle and soundtrack. Plays a lot more like DDR or Para Para. Looks like a lot of fun from the vids I've seen
Your Shape Fitness Evolved - the most well thought-out software for the Kinect in terms of design and UI
Kinect Sports - the minigames seem hit or miss here, but overall seems worth it at B1G1

[quote name='JohnDM']Giant Bomb has done a Kinect marathon, playing through about nine games once they got the thing.[/QUOTE]
I was watching through that yesterday. It seemed like the best part about Kinect was the ability to have your avatar wave its arms around like crazy during the game. The Kinect Sports video is here. It's worth a few good laughs.

[quote name='atc250es']Anyone tried Biggest Loser and Your Shape? How do they compare?[/QUOTE]

We liked Your Shape Fitness a lot more. It plays a lot better and Biggest Loser can be hit or miss with controls.

This deal stacked with the personalized deals. I had Kinect Sports ($46) and Kinectimals ($44) in my deals today, got them both for $67. Thanks TC for the heads-up on this!

Sweet just picked up a kinect last night but held off on any games until I could read some reviews/deals. I went with Dance Central and Your Shape. Hopefully Your Shape is good because the demo made it seem awesome but I'm questionable about the amount of content.

Your Shape is pretty amazing, have it and have played it for quite a bit...

Oh and for anybody who got a launch game, any luck getting them to give you this offer too?

I want to get the Harry Potter game, but that's not out until next week. Anyone know if they'll add that one to the deal when it comes out?

Sounds like a good deal. I was going to get Your Shape on my next pay day anyway. Not sure if I should get Dance Central or Kinect Sports as the other game. Any suggestions? I wanna check out Dance Central, but I'm just worried me and my family will get bored with it sooner because of less variety. I mean, it's pretty much JUST dancing, isn't it?

good deal, but not much of the current stuff is doing much for me. I'm really looking forward to seeing kinect in some AAA titles. I like my PS3 more as a console, but think Sony really jacked themselves with Move. I already have a wii, and don't like to make the same mistake twice. Sure the move should have more precise controls, but the wii controls just don't work that well on a lot of games, especially since the wii has had a LOT of companies spending huge amounts of development resources to get at the wii install base, and most of what they come up with seems gimmicky to me.

I'll never forget, Nintendo, playing Galaxy 2 and having the varying response time cause countless deaths on the Spring Mario levels, which really weren't hard.....if the contrls worked right

Well I emailed them and asked...not like this is a price drop of $5 or something we're talking $25 off only a few days after these games came out. Hopefully they'll extend the offer to me and I'll get either Dance Central or Kinectimals for $25...

In for Kinectimals and Kinect Sports.

I got the sensor and Dance Central when they had the $30 credit offer. Used that $30 towards these 2 games as well.

- Kinect Sports
- Dance Central
- Sonic Free Riders
- Kinectimals

typical for a new launch-when i got move-all i have is the sports champion=bummer
But the workout one by ubisoft is very good too-

With my $30 credit from the last Kinect offer and Dance Central popping up in my Gold Box today, I snagged that and Your Shape Fitness Evolved for $38.83.

There is a dance central demo on the adventures disc, give it a go. Probably not for everyone, but I enjoyed the demo and ordered the game.

- Kinect Sports
- Dance Central
- Sonic Free Riders
- Kinectimals

Dance Masters is great as well. Its a shame the game seems to have been ignored by many. If I do this deal, Dance Masters will be one of the games I get. I'd rather do this deal at TRU since I have a $20 GC, but TRU doesn't have Dance Masters.

I would pull the trigger on this deal but I don't know what the other game I would get other than Dance Master.

I mean I picked up Your Shape, Kinectimals, and Kinect Sports at the B2G1 Deal at Target. Sonic Free riders has iffy reviews, Adrenalin Misfits has the same thing. Your shape I heard is better than Biggest loser overall.

Only other game I could think of is Kinect Joy Ride.

[quote name='Cephiros']I would pull the trigger on this deal but I don't know what the other game I would get other than Dance Master.

I mean I picked up Your Shape, Kinectimals, and Kinect Sports at the B2G1 Deal at Target. Sonic Free riders has iffy reviews, Adrenalin Misfits has the same thing. Your shape I heard is better than Biggest loser overall.

Only other game I could think of is Kinect Joy Ride.[/QUOTE]

i'm the same way. I'm going to wait until Tuesday and see if they have Harry Potter in the deal.

[quote name='sociopharm02']We liked Your Shape Fitness a lot more. It plays a lot better and Biggest Loser can be hit or miss with controls.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this too. Thanks for your opinion on this. I suspected that the non-licensed version would be much better.

[quote name='Treythalomew']Sweet just picked up a kinect last night but held off on any games until I could read some reviews/deals. I went with Dance Central and Your Shape. Hopefully Your Shape is good because the demo made it seem awesome but I'm questionable about the amount of content.[/QUOTE]
I liked Your shape, my wife LOVES it. We were both so sore after playing it for the first few days. I'm finally feeling better but were going to play again today lol.

[quote name='Cephiros']I would pull the trigger on this deal but I don't know what the other game I would get other than Dance Master.

Only other game I could think of is Kinect Joy Ride.[/QUOTE]

As someone who picked up Sonic Free Riders and Adrenalin Misfits at launch I can say they are both actually a lot more fun then the reviews make them out to be, and while Sonic is more complex once you spend enough time with either of them you'll figure out the motions your supposed to do. Also the multiplayer in either of them are good fun and work pretty well.

[quote name='Michfan']This deal stacked with the personalized deals. I had Kinect Sports ($46) and Kinectimals ($44) in my deals today, got them both for $67. Thanks TC for the heads-up on this![/QUOTE]

wait, what? where are the personalized deals?

I see all Kinect games at $46.99...

When I look at Gold Box deals, I scroll down and typically have a handful of items being offered to me at a discount based upon prior purchases.

can anyone recommend kinect sports? I do want dance central but cant find a second game i really want. Im not interested in joy ride or kinectimals, and no offense to kinect but my cardio is above what fitness games can do for me.

[quote name='dapunisure']can anyone recommend kinect sports? I do want dance central but cant find a second game i really want. Im not interested in joy ride or kinectimals, and no offense to kinect but my cardio is above what fitness games can do for me.[/QUOTE]

God yes. Great game. Boxing is ok. Soccer is fun, Pin pong is ok (i get bored with it quickly since its ping pong), Volleyball is fun, Bowling it pretty good. Track and Field events are tough but really fun

[quote name='Michfan']When I look at Gold Box deals, I scroll down and typically have a handful of items being offered to me at a discount based upon prior purchases.[/QUOTE]

I don't see any games there :/

I'm ordering Your Shape for sure. I already have Kinect Sports and I'm still undecided between:

Joy Ride
Dance Central
Sonic Free Riders

I currently have Dance Central on my cart along with Your Shape, just waiting for the credit from Black Ops to be deposited to make my purchase lol, so I still have time to change it, I'm not 100% sure on Dance Central yet. It seems to be the better game from those 3 though...

[quote name='Thrinn']I was watching through that yesterday. It seemed like the best part about Kinect was the ability to have your avatar wave its arms around like crazy during the game. The Kinect Sports video is here. It's worth a few good laughs.[/QUOTE]

And then have the replay show the flailing in slow motion while Chariots of Fire plays. That song has some good beats.

[quote name='dapunisure']can anyone recommend kinect sports? I do want dance central but cant find a second game i really want. Im not interested in joy ride or kinectimals, and no offense to kinect but my cardio is above what fitness games can do for me.[/QUOTE]Kinect Sports is really fun! The best Kinect game out right now I think.

For everyone thinking about using their black ops credit I'm pretty sure it will not process. When examining further it says under terms and conditions that amazon promotional certificates will not combine with the deal.

[quote name='The Keyboard Wizard']For everyone thinking about using their black ops credit I'm pretty sure it will not process. When examining further it says under terms and conditions that amazon promotional certificates will not combine with the deal.[/QUOTE]

promotional certificates is different from video games credit

EDIT: I've used video games credit on past deals that also said that, it works.

bread's done
Back