{deal DEAD} Gran Turismo 5 [standard] $55 (pre-order) with $10 gaming credit

Good deal, but your sig is ridiculously long. Could you maybe put your three anime gifs next to each other horizontally?

no $ .99 release delivery kinda kills it. hopefully they add it in after I get my 200 points for black ops.

[quote name='Tokyojon']no $ .99 release delivery kinda kills it. hopefully they add it in after I get my 200 points for black ops.[/QUOTE]

You can't get it anymore? They had it when I ordered a while back and because it got delayed they made it free release day shipping for me. Now this deal drops 5 dollars off on top of that, yay!

[quote name='Curufinwe']Good deal, but your sig is ridiculously long. Could you maybe put your three anime gifs next to each other horizontally?[/QUOTE]

that's exactly why i keep sigs turned off.

thanks OP.

Is the release date for this thing confirmed yet?

Either way this is a solid deal, going to pre-order a copy for myself and then contact customer service in a few days to see if they can apply my $20 Black Ops credit. If not then I'll re-order if the deal is the same.

[quote name='jrhawk42']very tempted.... If they had a release date I might bite on this.[/QUOTE]

What difference would a solid release date mean to whether you order or not? Either way it's going to come and if not you can just cancel it. I'd rather lock in the price and $10 credit than wait for an official date and have the chance of that credit disappear. Since they're stamping the discs and preparing these already I imagine we'll see them sometime in January, if not late December.

[quote name='ssjmichael']What difference would a solid release date mean to whether you order or not? Either way it's going to come and if not you can just cancel it. I'd rather lock in the price and $10 credit than wait for an official date and have the chance of that credit disappear. Since they're stamping the discs and preparing these already I imagine we'll see them sometime in January, if not late December.[/QUOTE]

+1.

Cancelled my CE and ordered this instead. It was a hard decision, but an economical one nonetheless.

[quote name='DANIEL']Kazunori Yamauchi a couple a weeks ago said that they were already stamping the discs when he was interviewed at SEMA

http://jalopnik.com/5679823/kazunori-the-[gt5]-discs-are-being-stamped-as-we-speak[/QUOTE]

340x.gif

LOL

Looks like it could be here sooner than we thinkhttp://www.gtplanet.net/more-leaked-copies-of-gran-turismo-5-out-in-the-wild/
More Leaked Copies of Gran Turismo 5 Out in the Wild

Gran Turismo 5 November 7th, 2010 by Jordan

As carefully spotted by our highly observant forum users, what appears to be more real, legitimate copies of Gran Turismo 5 are sneaking their way out into the world. The first leaked disc originated from Australia – and they’re now showing up in Europe. Early copies of the German GT5 Collector’s Edition (just the game box, without the extra goodies) were posted to a Czech Republic auction site and quickly snatched up. We’re waiting for more confirmation (screenshots, videos) now.​
#gallery-1 { margin: auto; }#gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; }#gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid rgb(207, 207, 207); }#gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0pt; }

That is a sweet looking disc. I've never played a GT game before but the thought of how good this is going to be combined with a sweet racing wheel setup has me interested. I'll probably get it along with a wheel but can't decide if I should go with the Force GT or the g27.

I would have cancelled my order for the standard edition if it were not for me losing $40 in promotional gaming credits. I checked my Amazon order and I placed it on Nov. 6th 2009..ouch. :lol:

[quote name='Rodster']I would have cancelled my order for the standard edition if it were not for me losing $40 in promotional gaming credits. I checked my Amazon order and I placed it on Nov. 6th 2009..ouch. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I have you beat by a month and 4 days; my order was placed on Oct. 2, 2009. :lol:

[quote name='Mugen Power']I have you beat by a month and 4 days; my order was placed on Oct. 2, 2009. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Checked and mine was placed September 12, 2010. :)

BTW, why is this being posted like it's a new deal or something? It's been this price/deal and been in the Amazon credit thread forever.

[quote name='Rodster']I would have cancelled my order for the standard edition if it were not for me losing $40 in promotional gaming credits. I checked my Amazon order and I placed it on Nov. 6th 2009..ouch. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Try to add the CE to the same order by phone, then cancel the standard. Your credits should stick. No guarantee it will work though :whistle2:#

Will Gran Turismo 5 have on-collision damages?

I've never played the GT5 Prologue.

In fact, I've only played Gran Turismo on the PSN and PS2, and remember hearing that the reason they don't show damages on the vehicle is because (back then at least) the car mfg didn't want it.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Will Gran Turismo 5 have on-collision damages?

I've never played the GT5 Prologue.

In fact, I've only played Gran Turismo on the PSN and PS2, and remember hearing that the reason they don't show damages on the vehicle is because (back then at least) the car mfg didn't want it.[/QUOTE]

Yes GT5 will have damage modeling. I'm not sure if it applies to all cars though. Some leaked shots made the damage look silly, but they were taken with a cell phone camera which may have skewed things.

Question: I preordered this when it was 59.99 and no Gamer Credit. Will I get the 55.99 Price or the gamer credit? I've received no emails indicating that I will receive a discount or anything.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']I ordered on 11/7 for $54.99, but for some reason the order summary on their website is now showing $59.99.

Anybody else seeing this?[/QUOTE]
Nope, mine is still $54.99.

Had mine pre-ordered for a while now too. Luckily I didn't use any credits, but I noticed there is no release date shipping for this, so I cancelled my order. I guess Gamestop will get my business for this one, as I want to play it during the long holiday weekend.

Is anyone familiar with how Amazon handles release date delivery? Might it be offered sometime in the near future? I'd love to order it from them, use up some credit I've accumulated AND not pay tax...

I can wait a day or two for it to arrive. I mean hell, my copy of Black Ops arrived the day after release with FSSS. Plus, I already added my Black Ops credit to my already locked-in $54.95 preorder, and I can't really say no to Gran Turismo 5 for $35.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']I ordered on 11/7 for $54.99, but for some reason the order summary on their website is now showing $59.99.

Anybody else seeing this?[/QUOTE]

Mine is doing the same thing. I know it said 54.99 before but it's 59.99 on my order now.

[quote name='jughead']Question: I preordered this when it was 59.99 and no Gamer Credit. Will I get the 55.99 Price or the gamer credit? I've received no emails indicating that I will receive a discount or anything.[/QUOTE]

You'll get the price but not the credit since it has the lower price guarantee when you preorder. But you can try asking their CS for the credit.

I ordered the Collectors Edition. It looks freaking awesome and if I don't keep it it'll be worth monies I hopes. Don't tell my wife

[quote name='Lexicon']Mine is doing the same thing. I know it said 54.99 before but it's 59.99 on my order now.[/QUOTE]

Their customer service fixed it for me. They just put me on hold for 5 mins while they looked up the original order confirmation e-mail (which showed $54.99).

Give them a call if you haven't already.

[quote name='Tokyojon']come on Amazon wheres mahh release day shipping ![/QUOTE]
Who says they'll even have it on release day? OH SNAP!

[quote name='Jville808']Release-Date Delivery is available now[/QUOTE]

Where do you see this? Can I change my order

So I have the CE pre-ordered and it won't let me change to release day delivery but I see it's an option when you add the Regular Edition to the cart. It won't let me add another CE because it says I'm over the limit

Apparently release day is not available for the CE which blows. I have guilt for ordering it anyways. Maybe I'll cancel that. Might wait a day or so. Created a new account and didn't see the release day option pop up

[quote name='acsguitar']Where do you see this? Can I change my order

So I have the CE pre-ordered and it won't let me change to release day delivery but I see it's an option when you add the Regular Edition to the cart. It won't let me add another CE because it says I'm over the limit

Apparently release day is not available for the CE which blows. I have guilt for ordering it anyways. Maybe I'll cancel that. Might wait a day or so. Created a new account and didn't see the release day option pop up[/QUOTE]

It says it on the item page

http://www.amazon.com/Gran-Turismo-...A1C6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289598714&sr=8-1

I'm not sure if you can change it or not. Try this:

Go to "Your Account" -> "View Open Orders" -> enter login info -> Find the order and click "Change Shipping Speed", you'll see your available options there

Edit: just noticed what you're talking about wit the CE. It does look like it is only available for the standard edition

bread's done
Back