[Alive!] Monster Hunter Tri bundle $29.99 at amazon

WOW I was going to buy this when it first came out but I held off.. That is an insanely good deal... UGH I promise myself I would cut back.. No chance this ever goes any lower anytime soon rite?

Wow... one of the best deals I have seen in the last few days. Thanks. In for one.

Excellent value. Just the controller is $20.

5 Stars Thread, definitely.

And this is my last game until Wednesday.

I was spending too much money on games (thanks to CAG and Amazon)... I have a decent job, but still, I was spending too much money, so I decided to go to BioLife.

I have been donating plasma since three weeks ago. They gave this Visa Debit Card and that's what I'm using to purchase my games... I receive $60 per week and I think it's a good limit for my gaming purchases. Plus, I'm helping people by donating plasma.

And $60 per week + Cheap Ass Gamer tips = A lot of good games.

And this way, I have been saving a lot of money earned with my job.

I've heard good things about this game and I'm really tempted to try it but still on the fence. I have a feeling there's no way I'm going to find this deal for less than $30 but the CAG in me says I can wait for cheaper. Decisions, decisions D:

This is a sign that I need to stop letting my nephews play my video games. Every time I do, they want a copy for themselves.

They played this one two weeks ago and about tried to steal it from me.
Another Christmas gift marked off my list.

[quote name='Miro']I've heard good things about this game and I'm really tempted to try it but still on the fence. I have a feeling there's no way I'm going to find this deal for less than $30 but the CAG in me says I can wait for cheaper. Decisions, decisions D:[/QUOTE]

The game itself will probably go for cheaper later on. It really just depends whether or not you want the controller to be bundled in. The controller itself is anywhere from $15-20. If you were getting the controller anyway, the game becomes $10-15, which is a great price.

[quote name='shrike4242']Amazon, thank you for matching GS.com on this one. The "tell us about a lower price" does occasionally work.[/QUOTE]

but but how did that ever pan out? is GS still showing backordered? I confirmed yesterday that it doesn't work in-store (which is why I'm sure you put GS.com specifically in your post..)

I've been interested in this game for a while, man I feel like a douche for spending $20 for a classic controller.

anyone know if this is a temporal or a permanent price drop? I need to know before using my video games credit today (just before tomorrow's Gold Box deals lol)

[quote name='DarkPGR']anyone know if this is a temporal or a permanent price drop? I need to know before using my video games credit today (just before tomorrow's Gold Box deals lol)[/QUOTE]
Considering the non-bundle is still $40, what do you think?

[quote name='token2k6']but but how did that ever pan out? is GS still showing backordered? I confirmed yesterday that it doesn't work in-store (which is why I'm sure you put GS.com specifically in your post..)[/QUOTE]Damned if I know if it panned out, though:

1) GS.com is the only place that seems to have this @ $29.99.
2) I did do a "tell us about a lower price".

Could just be coincidence. Either way, I'm getting it for the GS.com price, and it's in-stock.

[quote name='Altanis']Considering the non-bundle is still $40, what do you think?[/QUOTE]

yeah, as soon as I noted that, I placed my order right away

turns out my $20 credit from Black Ops has not been applied to my account yet, so I only had the $10 I got for the whole Laser Cell confusion... came out at $19.99 for the bundle, which is the same price as the controller itself. I'm extremely happy :bouncy:

Thanks OP!:applause:

Anyone able to order it from GS? I see the option to add to cart but when I do it says that it's not available.

wow, thats a good deal. i was able to get the game and controller for $40 shortly after the game was released, but ended up selling the game for $30 since i didnt play it that much. dont get me wrong, i thought the game was well made, but it was my first monster hunter and the learning curve is quite steep. i just didnt have the time or patience at the time.

maybe i'll re-visit it down the road

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I want to get this... but does anyone think it will EVER get lower? I may not play it for 6 months, or so.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the game only... but not the bundle.

[quote name='shrike4242']Damned if I know if it panned out, though:

1) GS.com is the only place that seems to have this @ $29.99.
2) I did do a "tell us about a lower price".

Could just be coincidence. Either way, I'm getting it for the GS.com price, and it's in-stock.[/QUOTE]

So, you are willing to pay tax (unless Amazon charges you tax) from gamestop? Unless you have PowerUp Rewards Pro...

I bought mine from Amazon, because I don't get charged sales tax, and I would buy it now, because Amazon has a habit of rising the price a day or two later...

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Maybe the game only... but not the bundle.[/QUOTE]

I have the original classic controller (white), it is worth getting the pro? I heard it is better, but how much better?

[quote name='HellMark']Anyone able to order it from GS? I see the option to add to cart but when I do it says that it's not available.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get it to work either. I was going to use one of my $10 coupons from a previous order for it, but I can't get the game in my cart.

Thanks, OP! I just ordered a copy from Amazon. Best deal I've seen in a while! To those on the fence about buying b/c they think it may fall in price -- my advice? Buy it now. I don't think we'll see this bundle this cheap or cheaper in price ever again. And, I believe the game is now out-of-print. Therefore, I also don't think we'll see this bundle again once it sells out, except from sellers who will inflate the price in order to make a quick dime.

[quote name='MaelstromB']Thanks, OP! I just ordered a copy from Amazon. Best deal I've seen in a while! To those on the fence about buying b/c they think it may fall in price -- my advice? Buy it now. I don't think we'll see this bundle this cheap or cheaper in price ever again. And, I believe the game is now out-of-print. Therefore, I also don't think we'll see this bundle again once it sells out, except from sellers who will inflate the price in order to make a quick dime.[/QUOTE]

Blah.. you're probably right...

In for one.

Thanks OP, I was on the fence as well, and was eyeing it at Gamefly for $15-20'ish during their next sale. But the CC Pro (I have a reg. CC ) pretty much sealed the deal. Plus I get a new copy of the game for about $15 bones and a nice controller to boot. ;)

Great deal. I was waiting for this to drop since it came out, I almost bit on it last week at 48.99. For 29.99, this is perfect, since I also wanted to get a classic controller. I'm pretty much paying 10 bucks for the game!

Damn! I've not bought anything online in a month, since I've been getting flack for getting so many packages.

I'm in.

WOW I went to buy it and like that it is back to 49.99!! I SWEAR! LOL... Thats what I get for hesitating..

fuck i think the deal is dead, they're OOS.
I cant add the Bundle to my cart, says:
"We're sorry. The item Monster Hunter Tri Classic Controller Bundle is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page."

[quote name='psunami']Yep. Out of stock at Amazon.

Oh, well.[/QUOTE]

I was worried that would happen.. I kept going back and forth on whether to buy it or not, rite when I decided to go with it bam it's out of stock (FREAKING hoarders...)

[quote name='regis100']Fill in the blank: The best Wii games that use the classic controller are ________________.[/QUOTE]

Well... it's very necessary to play VC games or compilations of old school games (like today's Deal of the Day from, Data East Collection)...

And if you have old school emulators via Homebrew Channel, it's perfect.

It works great with 2D sidescrollers games or fighters (like Tatsunoko vs Capcom).

bread's done
Back