Have you been spending too much money on games? Here is a good tip!

Fernando Rocker

CAGiversary!
I was spending too much money on games (thanks to CAG and Amazon)... I have a decent job, but still, I was spending too much money, so I decided to go to BioLife Plasma Services.

I have been donating plasma since three weeks ago. They gave this Visa Debit Card and that's what I'm using to purchase my games... I receive $60 per week (plus an extra $20 every 7th donation) and I think it's a good limit for my gaming purchases. Plus, I'm helping people by donating plasma.

And $60 per week ($80 with the bonus) + Cheap Ass Gamer tips = A lot of good games.

And this way, I have been saving a lot of money earned with my job.

If you need to save money for any reason, you should consider donating plasma. But don't do it just for the money... you are helping people too.

I only have plasmids to donate :(

Bioshock_Plasmid_Icon_by_scartissuemark.png

[quote name='Jodou']Can this be combined with the sperm donation offer?[/QUOTE]

And to think I was wasting it all these years. How fresh does the sperm have to be? If I rushed my gf there right after ahem, will they still accept it?

I always wanted to do this to help out, but I heard that donating plasma hurts like hell and can leave scars if done incorrectly.

Great thing you're doing man!

[quote name='SoulReaver']I always wanted to do this to help out, but I heard that donating plasma hurts like hell and can leave scars if done incorrectly.

Great thing you're doing man![/QUOTE]

Nah... it doesn't hurt. Plus, they have this HDTV's with movies, free WiFi, comfortable beds. Very clean and professional.

Like I said... I'm doing this to set myself a limit and yo get to help people too. I have a decent job (I work at Sony... I'm a graphic designer)... so, this way, I'm not spending the money earned through my job (I wan to buy a car, in cash).

[quote name='mogamer']fuck, I need a way to stop my game buying addiction, not find a new way to help finance it! ;)[/QUOTE]

Heh, that's the same reason I started reading this topic

Lol, I may look into this. It'll be extra money while I'm looking for a job.

EDIT: No centers near me. Don't they know people in the South have plasma too? :lol:

[quote name='cRodz']Plasma?

the fuck you find plasma?!?!???[/QUOTE]

I think it's like donating blood. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are 3 parts to blood: red blood cells, white blood cells and plasma.

I thought about doing this once and actually went to a different company. It was in a rough part of town and packed with people who looked to be trading blood for booze/crack. I didn't even stop...

You can sell semen also OP. I usually buy it for $20 a mouthful from a guy in the city... Money to be made!!!!!!! :D

Anyone remember that South Park episode?

[insert lame attempt at humor here.]

Seriously, even if this is in the wrong forum, everyone should consider donating. It feels good to get out of the basement, get some sun and help your fellow man. I'm telling ya!

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I was spending too much money on games (thanks to CAG and Amazon)... I have a decent job, but still, I was spending too much money, so I decided to go to BioLife Plasma Services.

I have been donating plasma since three weeks ago. They gave this Visa Debit Card and that's what I'm using to purchase my games... I receive $60 per week (plus an extra $20 every 7th donation) and I think it's a good limit for my gaming purchases. Plus, I'm helping people by donating plasma.

And $60 per week ($80 with the bonus) + Cheap Ass Gamer tips = A lot of good games.

And this way, I have been saving a lot of money earned with my job.

If you need to save money for any reason, you should consider donating plasma. But don't do it just for the money... you are helping people too.[/QUOTE]

You might want to get some help if you are doing this just to buy games. Yeah, you are helping people but I doubt you would be doing this for free. Also, I'm sure they would just take the plasma if you donated it.

[quote name='$hady']I thought about doing this once and actually went. It was in a rough part of town and packed with people who looked to be trading blood for booze/crack. I didn't even stop...[/QUOTE]

That's why I flip games, to feed my addiction to booze and crack! And it's PAINLESS!

[quote name='cRodz']Plasma?

the fuck you find plasma?!?!???[/QUOTE]

I use a fuel scoop and collect mine directly from the outer corona of the sun.

[quote name='PikaPichu']I think it's like donating blood. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are 3 parts to blood: red blood cells, white blood cells and plasma.[/QUOTE]
4 actually, RBCs, platelets and plasma are the common donations, w/ WBCs generally being used for autologous use (though it largely depends on the cell type.)

You might want to get some help if you are doing this just to buy games. Yeah, you are helping people but I doubt you would be doing this for free. Also, I'm sure they would just take the plasma if you donated it.
Unfortunately, donor pools are decreasing by the year. Many blood centers do what they can to get new donors in the doors, though (I believe) many of the 'for pay' places use the donations for research. If you're a college student, check with your university hospital as many centers coordinate with them for these types of projects.

[quote name='acsguitar']Do they give you magazines to help you with the donation?[/QUOTE]

They have a magazine rack next to the door. Ready to be kicked by a pissed off donor.

[quote name='shoe478']You might want to get some help if you are doing this just to buy games. Yeah, you are helping people but I doubt you would be doing this for free. Also, I'm sure they would just take the plasma if you donated it.[/QUOTE]

It's more to help myself to get a spending limit.

Plus, they keep track of your health. Every time you go, they check your pulse, blood pressure, temperature, protein levels, iron levels... they won't let you donate if you have bad health.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Plus, they keep track of your health. Every time you go, they check your pulse, blood pressure, temperature, protein levels, iron levels... they won't let you donate if you have bad health.[/QUOTE]

That and there's FDA regs on donation volume and frequency.

[quote name='Starky27']That and there's FDA regs on donation volume and frequency.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah... you can only donate twice per week... if you try to donate more than that, you will be banned permanently from donating plasma at any center.

I'd do this for free if it didn't cause me to be all fucked up for the rest of the day. That is, assuming it doesn't make me faint, probably have a seizure, and end up in the hospital for the day. My body can be a huge pussy.

Sweet. Place number 1 had nothing near me. Place number 2 did. Thanks for the links. Can't donate blood so been trying to see if I can donate the plasmas.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Sweet. Place number 1 had nothing near me. Place number 2 did. Thanks for the links. Can't donate blood so been trying to see if I can donate the plasmas.[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help!

[quote name='$hady']I thought about doing this once and actually went to a different company. It was in a rough part of town and packed with people who looked to be trading blood for booze/crack. I didn't even stop...[/QUOTE]
I actually looked into this YEARS ago, before I even joined CAG, and just like you the only plasma center that paid was in the ghetto and the people sitting there were just.....:puke:.

It smelled like BO in the place and I swear some of the donors were 'shaking', probably anxious to get in, get paid and go get their drug/drink of choice for the night.:whistle2:#
[quote name='Scorch']shop at k-mart.[/QUOTE]
They sell games?:lol:

I've thought about this before (as well as donating blood) but I just have a fear that a dirty needle will get used or something will happen and I'll get sick or some kind of disease.

None of those places on the links are near me anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MetalDragonKing']I've thought about this before (as well as donating blood) but I just have a fear that a dirty needle will get used or something will happen and I'll get sick or some kind of disease.

None of those places on the links are near me anyways.[/QUOTE]

I actually read an article in the paper about a place called Telecris doing stuff like that and trying to 'clean' needles. I'll never walk into a place that pays you for that stuff. If I want to donate blood, I'll DONATE it, as in, give it for free to help people. Selling it would make me feel like a crack addict.

bread's done
Back