Does thte "Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows" work okay?

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!
I remember there being issues with it or something? Seems like Microsoft's discontinued it. I used a wired one on my Xbox, but ironically it would be kind of handy to have it wireless on my notebook.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Seems like Microsoft's discontinued it.[/QUOTE]

Don't know what gave you that impression. They seem to have a few in stock anytime I look in a video game section.

I think what they discontinued was the wireless receiver as a single product. Now if you want one, you'd have to buy the controller + receiver, but I'm not entirely sure on that.

Ooooooh, okay, that makes sense if that's what happened. Dang, Gamestop either doesn't have it, or doesn't list it right so it doesn't turn up in a search (can't use my endless credit :lol:)

Glad you brought that up because I'm seeing here Amazon has the controller + wireless thingee for $36 versus $34 for just the wireless thing from a third party!

Ironically I could use my wireless pad from my Xbox on my PC, while using a wired one on my Xbox I bought separately...but looks like I'll have to spend $2 for a spare controller :whistle2:D

Actually...okay, obviously there will be other games I'll use this on, but here's how lazy I'm being... I'm playing Legendary right now (which I'm actually enjoying despite reviews) and the thing barely exposes settings at all. I actually don't mind in a way, because it's like I never know what to pick for settings in games. This just has you pick a resolution, and pick graphical settings...my 32 core Nvidia part handles it fine (and looks good) at 1280x800 with the "highest" settings picked.

But it's bad for remapping keys...I've never had so much trouble doing that, like everything I try it says "that's already in use"...so I'm like screw this, and just plugged in my Xbox controller. I have to admit, that part of it they did a great job-it honestly feels exactly like if I were playing it on a console. Control's silky smooth as it should be (granted it would be better on my mouse/keyboard, but it feels just like a console game).

it works "OK".... however linking the MS Wireless headset to it has mixed results. It's very funky in terms of audio quality when using Google Voice. Some people report barely able to hear me, other times I can barely hear the other person.
Force feedback seems weaker that the 360 counter part of the same game.

That's weird force feedback would be different. You'd think either it's connected or not...maybe it's constantly connecting and disconnecting?

I have had good experiences with playing Borderlands online using my wireless 360 controller and wired headset. I have no complaints about the device.

It always worked great for me, but in the event that I used it just for the headset (like when I am playing with a K&M), it would turn itself off often due to the lack of me pressing buttons. It would also have a problem re-syncing itself from within the game if I left the game on pause for too long, the controller turned off and I had to press the guide button to turn it back on.

I would usually have to alt-tab out and either unplug the USB cord and replug it in, or open the audio and/or game controller control panel to select it again. I just ended up picking up a wired 360 controller. Pain in the butt, especially if you are playing a game that is temperamental with you alt-tabbing.

Huh, thanks guys. Yeah, that sounds like they've almost got it but it's a little finicky...Some games don't have an issue with Alt-Tabbing and some do. (Legendary was fine during gameplay-impressively really, it just swapped in and out like nothing! But it killed it if I swapped during an FMV.)

I only had one issue with the wireless receiver. Had it for about a year before it went dead. I did a little searching and it turns out that there is a faulty fuse. I placed a small piece of solder over the fuse and its been working great for the last 2 years.

Bought one last year, and been using it every since with NBA 2k10, and Team Fortress 2. Works great no problems at all. Also using it for Modern Warfare 2 with Xpadder, rumble works great as well.

I think that the wireless transmission is not guaranteed to be stable, sometimes it happens frequently, because before I tried to do so and failed as expected, hope you do good work that

bread's done
Back