Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Hardened Edition $41.34 at Amazon

JasonTerminator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Warfare-Hardened-Xbox-360/dp/B001TOQ8PM/ref=lh_ni_t_

Pretty good deal for people like me who haven't got this yet, and don't feel like spending tons more on Black Ops. This is $1.34 more than everybody is asking for MW2 vanilla, but it comes with a spiffy case and a download code for Call of Duty 1 on XBL Arcade.

Now to just get Call of Duty 4 so I can enjoy the story mode properly...

black ops comes with $20 game credit on amazon, so it's essentially the same price -- just pointing that out I really didn't like Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer or the single, but the co-op mode was pretty cool.

Activision really dropped the ball not releasing a Modern Warfare 2 Game of the Year Edition a month or two before Black Ops. Prob'ly could've pumped out another million copies in preparation for the new game.

[quote name='mindsale']Activision really dropped the ball not releasing a Modern Warfare 2 Game of the Year Edition a month or two before Black Ops. Prob'ly could've pumped out another million copies in preparation for the new game.[/QUOTE]

That makes perfect business sense...releasing a game that can pretty much compete with your own biggest release of the year.

[quote name='greggysasaki']That makes perfect business sense...releasing a game that can pretty much compete with your own biggest release of the year.[/QUOTE]

Two months prior?

[quote name='greggysasaki']That makes perfect business sense...releasing a game that can pretty much compete with your own biggest release of the year.[/QUOTE]

No 10 dollar off coupon @ TRU = not "biggest release of the year"

MW2 destroys Black Ops. This doesn't have anything to do with this deal but I just can't believe how bad Black Ops is compared to MW2

[quote name='tbassett']MW2 destroys Black Ops. This doesn't have anything to do with this deal but I just can't believe how bad Black Ops is compared to MW2[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Spec Ops is a lot more fun than Zombie mode and MW2's multiplayer unlocks are WAY more satisfying. I'm level 24 in Black Ops and I've been using my ideal loadout since level 16. Plus in multiplayer mode the guns just feel... Off to me. There's so much recoil on most of the SMGs / LMGs / and assault rifles that they're not useful in getting kills past a medium range.

I'm only a few hours into the campaign but the fact that it's a self-contained story is a little more appealing than Modern Warfare 2's episodic saga. It's also supposed to be longer, but it's nowhere near as fun so far. Black Ops is a really good game, but MW2 was something really special.

[quote name='nixmahn']No 10 dollar off coupon @ TRU = not "biggest release of the year"[/QUOTE]

Not needing a sale to move units would arguably mean a more popular game.

bread's done
Back