Sale on some Generation 1 Transformers (toys)

RBM

CAGiversary!
Grapple (crane hoist vehicle) for $8 shipped

Smokescreen (race car) for $8 shipped [OOS]

Tracks (blue Corvette) for $15 shipped [OOS]

Prowl (police cruiser) for $15 shipped (I love that name!) [OOS]

Red Alert (fire chief's cruiser) for $15 shipped

Silverstreak (grey car?) for $15 shipped (his vehicle form looks very nondescrept & kinda boring to me)

There you go. Not an incredible sale--I don't know if they had them marked lower during the recent Toys R Us sale--but perhaps worthwhile to the kid inside some of us. Let the single sentence "They're more than meets the eye!" posts commence...

not to bad of a deal grabbed the 2 $8 figures, about $8.50 each with tax shipped. The TRU reissue Transformers have not been to popular, and have not really risen in price and there is always an abundance on the shelves. The only 2 that have increased in value thus far have been the Optimus reissue that was the first TRU reissue to come out and has since seen a nice price increase. Also the Starscream has been semi popluar with a 5-10$ increase. There is a flood of Transformer products these days and knowing which to target can be hard.

TRU is lame, the made too many of the crappy characters and not enough of the good ones. And why didn't they re-issue Soundwave ?

The asian market re-issues are way better, I would love to see the Insectacon Set or the Astrotrain set come out state side.

I was able to get a few B&M for 9, I know I got Tracks for 9 B&M.

Optimus Prime now goes for $100+ on ebay. Starscream is $50+ on ebay. Soundwave was reissued only by Takara, the Hasbro equivalent in Japan. However, that's now $100+ on ebay. Soundblaster is the same mold as soundwave, and comes with Ravage and Buzzsaw, which is due to be released next week. I can try to provide some websites on where to get it if anyone's interested.

The ones that are sitting on TRU's shelf are the good ones. The crappy ones came out after the movie. But I know what you mean. Where are the dinobots? Where is devaster? Where are the aerialbots? Sadly, they'll probably never get released due to Hasbro's incompetent marketing strategy.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Sadly, they'll probably never get released due to Hasbro's incompetent marketing strategy.[/quote]

They probably selected a handful of characters to test the waters. The fact that most of these have been left to collect dust on the shelves doesn't bode too well for further investment into generation 1 reissues. :whistle2:k

I have to say that it's odd for folks to be buying them as collectibles at this point in time. The generation of people who would value these toys the most are the very ones buying them (or not buying them, as it were)....so who do they think is going to buy it off *them*? I'd only want one so I could put it on my desk and feel happy looking at it, personally.
:robot:

[edit: bluestreak, the link you've provided to the alternator grimlock links to a ford mustang alternator, instead. Interesting....I hadn't looked at any but the g1 reissues, but the alternators DO look very neat....oh wait. Grimlock's alternator form IS a mustang?? How odd. On what basis do they call that toy Grimlock, I wonder...since his robot form doesn't resemble his old robot form much.]

I picked up an Optimus and a Hot Rod because I never got them as a kid, they're standing on my bookshelf now :) Plus my brother bought me a a couple Prowls on sale to replace my original he broke. I've also been enjoying the Alternators -$20 throwbacks to the old-style Transformers quality we used to know.
Alternator Hound, Alternator Smokescreen and Alternator Grimock are pretty cool. Wish they'd make an Alternator Prowl.

i am missing some of the pieces for hot rod and rodimus prime. Is there any site that sells just the old pieces? like the missiles for hot rod, or rodimus' gun?

bleh, they are all in storage anyways, i wont ever pull them out and play with them.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Optimus Prime now goes for $100+ on ebay. Starscream is $50+ on ebay. Soundwave was reissued only by Takara, the Hasbro equivalent in Japan. However, that's now $100+ on ebay. Soundblaster is the same mold as soundwave, and comes with Ravage and Buzzsaw, which is due to be released next week. I can try to provide some websites on where to get it if anyone's interested.

The ones that are sitting on TRU's shelf are the good ones. The crappy ones came out after the movie. But I know what you mean. Where are the dinobots? Where is devaster? Where are the aerialbots? Sadly, they'll probably never get released due to Hasbro's incompetent marketing strategy.[/quote]

Where will this Soundblaster combo be released? TRU? Target? I wanna get one!

anyone notice that the Transformers are buy 1 get one free ?

Just use the code RTDTRANSFRME

I even think there is free shipping. The deal look a lot sweeter to me, I got 3 B&M and wish I had gotten on free.

I wanted Megatron but ocould never find one. Nor did I want to pay the exhorbiant price for it.

I just wanted it because it was the only one my parents didn't allow.

[quote name='KingDox']anyone notice that the Transformers are buy 1 get one free ?

Just use the code RTDTRANSFRME

I even think there is free shipping. The deal look a lot sweeter to me, I got 3 B&M and wish I had gotten on free.[/quote]

juat tried to use the code for another purchase it didn't take.
Anyone else get it to work?

[quote name='RBM'][quote name='E-Z-B']Sadly, they'll probably never get released due to Hasbro's incompetent marketing strategy.[/quote]

They probably selected a handful of characters to test the waters. The fact that most of these have been left to collect dust on the shelves doesn't bode too well for further investment into generation 1 reissues. :whistle2:k

I have to say that it's odd for folks to be buying them as collectibles at this point in time. The generation of people who would value these toys the most are the very ones buying them (or not buying them, as it were)....so who do they think is going to buy it off *them*? I'd only want one so I could put it on my desk and feel happy looking at it, personally.
:robot:

[edit: bluestreak, the link you've provided to the alternator grimlock links to a ford mustang alternator, instead. Interesting....I hadn't looked at any but the g1 reissues, but the alternators DO look very neat....oh wait. Grimlock's alternator form IS a mustang?? How odd. On what basis do they call that toy Grimlock, I wonder...since his robot form doesn't resemble his old robot form much.][/quote]

Haven't looked at the figure much, have you?
The head on the Alternator Grimlock is very similar to the Dinobot.

[quote name='menchirox'][quote name='E-Z-B']Optimus Prime now goes for $100+ on ebay. Starscream is $50+ on ebay. Soundwave was reissued only by Takara, the Hasbro equivalent in Japan. However, that's now $100+ on ebay. Soundblaster is the same mold as soundwave, and comes with Ravage and Buzzsaw, which is due to be released next week. I can try to provide some websites on where to get it if anyone's interested.

The ones that are sitting on TRU's shelf are the good ones. The crappy ones came out after the movie. But I know what you mean. Where are the dinobots? Where is devaster? Where are the aerialbots? Sadly, they'll probably never get released due to Hasbro's incompetent marketing strategy.[/quote]

Where will this Soundblaster combo be released? TRU? Target? I wanna get one![/quote]

you can try my favorite online toy store. They have the best selection of Jap exclusive transformers.

www.bigbadtoystore.com

edit: quick check found soundblaster http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.asp?Queryid=pr162
sound blaster was originaly a Jap exclusive transformer that has a double sized chest that can hold 2 cassettes. This is a reissue. I ussually only buy the originals. He goes for around 500 complete

Hasbro's marketing problems stem from a few issues:

1) They only released the G1 reissues in Toys R Us. Not many people even knew they were out. They should've released them to Target, Wal-mart, and KB Toys as well. It would've reached a much wider market.

2) The high price when first released. Who's going to pay $30 for these reissues? Unless they were dinobots or optimus prime/megatron/soundwave, then no way. In comparison, the Transformers Alternators are only $20, have much neater transformations, much better poseability, and are actual licensed cars such as subaru, ford, mazda, etc.

3) Not listening to the fans on what should be released. Instead, the reuse the same molds over and over, thus why we have Prowl, Smokescreen, and Silverstreak and also Thundercracker, Skywarp, and Dirge all from only two molds. Come on. Show some diversity here.

The Alternators are in essence G1 transformers, but much cooler. I recommend at least looking into them. Target is your best bet (B&M store). But Toys R Us has them too.

Here's some pics of what they look like:

post-5-1110471171.jpg

post-5-1110482317.jpg

post-5-1110482372.jpg

post-5-1110482428.jpg

Soundblaster will ONLY be released by Takara, not Hasbro. So you won't find him sitting on a store shelf. You can find him at bigbadtoystore as mentioned. Here's also a few more:

http://www.tfsource.com/reissues.html

http://www.toynk.com/catalog/all_transformers_japanese_reissues_327504_products.htm

http://www.digital-toys.com/transformers.html

tfjap18cthumb.jpg

Keep checking on these sites. Their stock constantly fluctuates. If it's out of stock now, they may get some more in soon. If you try hard enough, you should be able to get him for $50. You won't be able to get it cheaper, I can pretty much guarantee that.

Guess I'm going to have to go back on the hunt for alternators... didn't know that the next batch had hit the shelves.

[quote name='KingDox']anyone notice that the Transformers are buy 1 get one free ?Just use the code RTDTRANSFRME [/quote]

That code appears to be a buy 2 get 1 free promotional code. Thanks for mentioning it, though!

[quote name='JSweeney']Haven't looked at the figure much, have you?
The head on the Alternator Grimlock is very similar to the Dinobot.[/quote]

...no, I hadn't noticed, that, actually. Thanks for the heads up on the Alternators, guys. Picked up Hound. I wish he was more heavy & metallic in construction, but what do you want for twenty bucks, I guess. My inner child rejoices. :)

[quote name='RBM'][quote name='KingDox']anyone notice that the Transformers are buy 1 get one free ?Just use the code RTDTRANSFRME [/quote]

That code appears to be a buy 2 get 1 free promotional code. Thanks for mentioning it, though!

[quote name='JSweeney']Haven't looked at the figure much, have you?
The head on the Alternator Grimlock is very similar to the Dinobot.[/quote]

...no, I hadn't noticed, that, actually. Thanks for the heads up on the Alternators, guys. Picked up Hound. I wish he was more heavy & metallic in construction, but what do you want for twenty bucks, I guess. My inner child rejoices. :)[/quote]

You want the Binaltech versions. They are only released in Japan, but can be bought online very easily. Go here:
http://shoppertron.com/
They list a lot of the online retailers for all Transformers. Just a warning, the metal Binaltech versions ore twice as much as the Alternator versions but they are worth it. I have all of the ones that have been released so far and they are excellent toys.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I wanted Megatron but ocould never find one. Nor did I want to pay the exhorbiant price for it.

I just wanted it because it was the only one my parents didn't allow.[/quote]

Megatron cannot be rereleased in the US because it looks like a real gun. Child safety laws and loss of copy-rights of the old Tranformers names have prevented Hasbro from releasing some of the more popular Tranformers. That plus Takara & Hasbro worked together to try to keep from releasing to many duplicate versions (one in the Japan market and one in the US market.) There are a few, but for the most part we do not get the ones released in Japan.

[quote name='robwhit1'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I wanted Megatron but ocould never find one. Nor did I want to pay the exhorbiant price for it.

Megatron cannot be rereleased in the US because it looks like a real gun. Child safety laws and loss of copy-rights of the old Tranformers names have prevented Hasbro from releasing some of the more popular Tranformers. That plus Takara & Hasbro worked together to try to keep from releasing to many duplicate versions (one in the Japan market and one in the US market.) There are a few, but for the most part we do not get the ones released in Japan.[/quote]

Right but there were import stores that had them. I could never find one at a reasonable price that had them in stock.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='robwhit1'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I wanted Megatron but ocould never find one. Nor did I want to pay the exhorbiant price for it.

Megatron cannot be rereleased in the US because it looks like a real gun. Child safety laws and loss of copy-rights of the old Tranformers names have prevented Hasbro from releasing some of the more popular Tranformers. That plus Takara & Hasbro worked together to try to keep from releasing to many duplicate versions (one in the Japan market and one in the US market.) There are a few, but for the most part we do not get the ones released in Japan.[/quote]

Right but there were import stores that had them. I could never find one at a reasonable price that had them in stock.[/quote]

Yeah, the cheapest you'll get the Takara Megatron #6 reissue is $100 on ebay.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='robwhit1'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I wanted Megatron but ocould never find one. Nor did I want to pay the exhorbiant price for it.

Right but there were import stores that had them. I could never find one at a reasonable price that had them in stock.[/quote]

Yeah, the import stores were a bit high on him. I guess I was lucky, I found him for $70 shipped. Although I thought that was still too high, it was the best I could find. He has continued to increase in price since he was released. A new one now can cost 100+ after shipping. It is almost cheaper to buy the original 80's version.

I'm kind of pissed they never did a "Masterpiece Collection" Megatron.
Heck, I'd be happy to turn up a trailer in scale with Masterpiece Prime.

[quote name='JSweeney']I'm kind of pissed they never did a "Masterpiece Collection" Megatron.
Heck, I'd be happy to turn up a trailer in scale with Masterpiece Prime.[/quote]

Sounds like you're aware of it, but there's is an unofficial trailer for masterpiece prime. But it's not the full-length it should be:

trailer.jpg

http://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/Trailer/trailer.htm

www.shoppertron.com as mentioned is a great site i was about to post it.

Hey E-Z-B since you are in NJ have you been to the CyberCon? Kinda pissed it was canceled this past fall. I been to them all and it's sooo close to me they should almost have it Quarterly I understand it's alot of work but to just let it drop like this hurts the show in the long run.

[quote name='cag1000']www.shoppertron.com as mentioned is a great site i was about to post it.

Hey E-Z-B since you are in NJ have you been to the CyberCon? Kinda pissed it was canceled this past fall. I been to them all and it's sooo close to me they should almost have it Quarterly I understand it's alot of work but to just let it drop like this hurts the show in the long run.[/quote]

I went to last year's CyberCon since it was only 2 miles from where I live. First one I went to. Haven't heard of any coming up anytime soon, nor where it will be held.

For those of you who don't mind bootlegs, Ebay usually has a bunch of knock off megatrons for about 20 bucks after shipping. I'm gonna get one eventually, becuase I had the original, and still have all the accessories, but my original is broken in a few places, so it is stored away :(

Oh, and BUY ALTERNATORS! They are pure Transformers goodness.

Interesting. I put the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime ($80), G1 Skids ($25), and G1 Ricochet ($35) into my cart on amazon. I applied the RTDTRANSFRME code, thinking I would get $25 off. Instead, I got $46 off. I thought you get the third (cheapest) for free. So all three with tax and free shipping came out to $100.

Just in case it wasn't already said, TRU is having a sale this week. The terms of the sale say that if you buy any 2 Transformers Energon figures, you get one free...but it really works with ANY Transformer. My TRU had several of these G1 reissues, and at lower prices than the website. I scored the Energon Grimlock & Swoop boxed set, G1 Inferno, and G1 Tracks for $29.96 total. The Energon set was $20, G1 Inferno was $7.98, and G1 Tracks was $5.98. They also had G1 Red Alert marked at $12.98, G1 Smokescreen at $9.98, and sets of the Transformers Armada Minicons for $1.98 apiece.
If you like Transformers, now is definitely the time to check out TRU.

The shockwave looks pretty cool, even though he is car now. Is there a site that list when and where they are released in U.S.?

Check with my friend's site for parts or prices on re-issues or what he can get as far as reissues...I haven't talked to him in awhile plus reissues are of no interest to me since originals are the way to go.

http://members.aol.com/snarlshomepage/

If he doesn't have it, then you are shit out of luck.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Just in case it wasn't already said, TRU is having a sale this week. The terms of the sale say that if you buy any 2 Transformers Energon figures, you get one free...but it really works with ANY Transformer. My TRU had several of these G1 reissues, and at lower prices than the website. I scored the Energon Grimlock & Swoop boxed set, G1 Inferno, and G1 Tracks for $29.96 total. The Energon set was $20, G1 Inferno was $7.98, and G1 Tracks was $5.98. They also had G1 Red Alert marked at $12.98, G1 Smokescreen at $9.98, and sets of the Transformers Armada Minicons for $1.98 apiece.

If you like Transformers, now is definitely the time to check out TRU.[/quote]

Ah that sucks I paid a dollar more for Inferno. :evil: Was going to go back and see if the prices were lowered at all, especially since these are a couple bucks lower then they were when I saw em, but the 12" Eomer I got was pretty neat for $5. They had a ton of neat stuff at my TRU on the clearence shelf, going to pick up a 12" Wolverine for $5 and and 12" Aragorn for $10 if they have em for sure, and more Transformers then were listed here.

I went to my TRU yesterday (Melbourne, FL) and got Inferno for $8.98, Red Alert for $7.48, and Smokescreen for $9.98. I also have Grapple, Tracks, and Prowl, and I never paid more than $10 for them. Considering these originally cost $29.99 each, I'd say we're getting a pretty sweet deal even at $9.98. They had Grapple yesterday for only $5.98, but I got him for $8, a few weeks ago. Oh well.
I'm going to go back today and see how much they want for Hoist. I thought I had him already so I didn't buy him yesterday. They also have Skids but it's still $24.99 (hmmm?) and Bluestreak (the silver car) but I can't remember how much that was. They have one of the decepticon jets for $12.98, but I won't pay more than $10 because I'm a cheapass.

bread's done
Back