Monster Hunter Tri Bundle (Wii) $29.99 at Gamestop.com

Thanks OP. I was a bit unsure on whether to jump on this the last few times it was in stock and I was thinking I missed it for good. I figured even if I don't end up liking the game that much I'll finally have a classic controller at least.

Thank you so much for posting this!! Ordered one.

I hesitated the last time this deal was posted and missed out.

Even if I don't like it for any reason, its worth $20 credit towards DKC Returns.

well, if I don't have to use the wii motion crap I'm in, hopefully this'll give me reason to use the damn Wii. tho all the comments and reviews on the game have me a little scared to play it, sounds addicting/time consuming.

[quote name='hellboypi']Wow, I'm shocked that my $10 off credits don't work with this....[/QUOTE]

I think they all expired or they turned them into 10% off. At least mine did:bomb:

[quote name='likeme']I think they all expired or they turned them into 10% off. At least mine did:bomb:[/QUOTE]

anyone noticed that all $10 and $20 credits expires on 12-31-10, even though when the codes were issued they stated it would expire sometimes in 2013?

Arg! I want to get this... but I don't even have a Wii! I just know when I eventually do get one, I'll want this game for sure. Eh... must... resist. I think it's the tax that's going to hold me back, lol.

[quote name='rumblebear']anyone noticed that all $10 and $20 credits expires on 12-31-10, even though when the codes were issued they stated it would expire sometimes in 2013?[/QUOTE]

I think I noticed the 12/31/10 date when I was screwing around with different cart combinations but when I got further into the checkout process the date for the credit changed to the 2013 date.

Decided to pick this up since I have extra credit and a few $ off coupons from earlier purchases. Surprisingly my $20 off coupon from Super Mario Galaxy 2 applied with no problems, although it's kinda lame that even though it takes it off the price, you're still charged tax for the full amount (so I was still paying over $2 tax even though I only had to pay $10 extra otherwise).

I just placed my order, however on my order history it says

PREMIUM, MONSTER HUNTER TRI WI - Back ordered
MONSTER HUNTER TRI BUNDLE - Wii -Pending

Does anyone know what the Back ordered items is?

Weird - I couldn't use my 10$ coupon if I signed into my account. But if i cleared my cookies, DIDN'T sign into my account, and just used a guest account, it let me use the coupon. :| 22 shipped after tax.

[quote name='gus311']I just placed my order, however on my order history it says

PREMIUM, MONSTER HUNTER TRI WI - Back ordered
MONSTER HUNTER TRI BUNDLE - Wii -Pending

Does anyone know what the Back ordered items is?[/QUOTE]

This is just a guess, but:

At release Gamestop offered a Monster Hunter Tri branded 500pts Wii card with the purchase. My guess is that like some of their other bonuses they included them with bundle orders even after the preorder period until all of the Monster Hunter Tri Cards were sold out. They've probably never bothered to change the order page code so it still generates a packing order for the now sold out free premium.

I received my bundle yesterday (thanks to the Amazon deal)...

I just want to give a little review of the Classic Controller Pro: Well, the control it's very light, but it doesn't feel cheap. The front of the controller is glossy and the back is matte. The buttons are actually very nice. The analog sticks are very good... but the best part about this controller is the awesome D-Pad. Easily the best D-Pad across all current gen consoles.

Definitely worth the price.

Got this mainly for the controller, but i won't mind trying out the game when it comes in. Personally, I've been avoiding Japanese developed games this generation because they feel so stiff to me now.

I watched Giant Bombs QL on this when it came out and it just looked sort of frustrating to the player. Like the disconnected slowness between getting hit and knocked down, then trying to get up while the enemy is still hitting you. It's like you and the monster are in 2 different worlds. Reminded me of RE5. Tried to play through that and I felt so slow compared to the zombies.

Regardless, great deal, thanks op!

Ok, anybody with a chipped Wii know if this screws it up? (homebrew only for those who will ask, why would I be asking about buying a game otherwise?)

Thanks for posting. I skipped the Amazon deal the other, tried telling myself that I didn't really want it, and pretended like I was OK. Secretly, however, I've been crying inside for the past two days. Now I'm all better!

[quote name='clok1966']Ok, anybody with a chipped Wii know if this screws it up? (homebrew only for those who will ask, why would I be asking about buying a game otherwise?)[/QUOTE]

Why would it screw it up? I don't see how it could mess with the FW;)

Thanks for posting. I would update your post to include "free shipping." As far as I can tell, shipping is free on all orders over $20, so you don't need SAVER for this.

Thanks for posting this. I've had my eye on this game for a while. I am not quite ready to play it yet but this is a good deal. I also worry, with this games emphasis on multiplayer, of missing the boat by waiting too long on this. So I'll probably bump this up higher in the priority list.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I received my bundle yesterday (thanks to the Amazon deal)...

I just want to give a little review of the Classic Controller Pro: Well, the control it's very light, but it doesn't feel cheap. The front of the controller is glossy and the back is matte. The buttons are actually very nice. The analog sticks are very good... but the best part about this controller is the awesome D-Pad. Easily the best D-Pad across all current gen consoles.

Definitely worth the price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this about the controller - I was wondering what it was like. Is it black or white?

Whtas the deal with some credit on edge cards being able to be used for online and some not? I remember that coming up before and I am trying to prepare...

Would I have to go to the store and buy a gift card with my edge credit to be able to use that existing credit online?

[quote name='likeme']I think they all expired or they turned them into 10% off. At least mine did:bomb:[/QUOTE]

you've got to be kidding me. i have to check mine.

^^^ I don't think that's the case. I used a $10 off last week no problem.

[quote name='rumblebear']anyone noticed that all $10 and $20 credits expires on 12-31-10, even though when the codes were issued they stated it would expire sometimes in 2013?[/QUOTE]

I used one the other day and it said 2013 when I redeemed it. Had I known there was any chance of them expiring this year I would have used one on this when I ordered it last night. I decided not to use a code, though, on the off-chance that I wanted to return it in store (since I already bought the game-only version last year). I didn't want to lose the $10 or $20 coupon if I did that.

I probably should have just used my $20 one, though, as I am most likely going to keep this anyway.

I've very slowly been going through my coupon codes - most recently using a $10 on HAWX 2. I'm actually down to just 2 $10 ones and 1 $20. I really should have used that $20 on this though. Oh well...

Edit: OK, because of the potential coupon code issues I decided to use my $20 on a second Move controller. It worked just fine, though it did say 12/31/10 when I first applied it. I forgot to check it out later in the process to see if it changed to 2013. But note that their coupon text is a little wacky: when I applied SAVER, it said it was for 16% off used games but still gave me the free shipping (which otherwise was not there for this like it was for the Monster Hunter Tri bundle automatically).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Abiding Dude']FYI, I checked on Amazon after I saw this post and just ordered it from there for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Same here, w0000t. Missed out on it last time since I was waiting for my Black Ops credit :bouncy:

[quote name='Diebythesword']Same here, w0000t. Missed out on it last time since I was waiting for my Black Ops credit :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

What, Amazon matched again!? I looked last night when this was first posted and they most definitely had not as of then. Oh well, I'd rather burn $30 in GS credit than Amazon credit anyway. And I didn't need it Saturday or Monday anyway (the only advantage over using Amazon - my GS order is still "pending" from last night whereas Amazon probably would have shipped - though maybe not given the postal holiday today).

I just hope Amazon matches some of the in-store BF deals - then I never have to leave the house during that time ;).

[quote name='clok1966']Ok, anybody with a chipped Wii know if this screws it up? (homebrew only for those who will ask, why would I be asking about buying a game otherwise?)[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but if you mean does the game require a system update before play I'm not sure. However, you can use a Wii backup loader to load retail discs to get around firmware restrictions. I've been doing that with Mario Galaxy 2, Sin and Punishment 2, and GoldenEye.

ugh. gamestop says my order is under review in an email, and i can't even cancel it because it's already been packed for shipping..wtf

[quote name='Dajinn']ugh. gamestop says my order is under review in an email, and i can't even cancel it because it's already been packed for shipping..wtf[/QUOTE]

I got an "under review" email on an order I made after this one (for a Move controller). I have never gotten one of those before. But I do have the option to cancel mine...

[quote name='io']I got an "under review" email on an order I made after this one (for a Move controller). I have never gotten one of those before. But I do have the option to cancel mine...[/QUOTE]

yeah but try it, it will say you can't. then you call, and they say its been packaged. i just got it from amazon anyway so i can have it tomorrow for the weekend. i will return my GS copy to a retail store

[quote name='Juiceboxharry']is this game worth picking up? I've never played a game like this before, but its got me interested for the price.[/QUOTE]
Picked it up about a month ago when it was $40. Didn't start playing until 2 weeks ago. I already have like 100 hours invested into the game. I'm close to beating the offline story mode but haven't really touched arena mode yet. Probably a third of my playing time has been online and I haven't even scratched the surface of that yet. (still toiling in low rank online!)

The game can be a little challenging at first if you haven't played the other MH titles but it is madly satisfying to easily dispose of monsters that frustrated you when you first started out. Part of that is better equipment but it's mostly pattern recognition and knowing what works and fails against a particular monster.

bread's done
Back