"The Lucky Gamer", GAME discount codes

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
[IMG-R=94]713[/IMG-R]If you're planning on making any purchases from GAME it might be worth popping over to www.theluckygamer.co.uk to nab a money-off code (or a prize, if you're lucky). The codes issued seem to be in line with what we've seen before (£1 off £20, £3 off £30, etc.) but it's still worth taking a punt to see what you get.

So, has anyone tried it - if so, what discount did you get? I've got a feeling that this promotion is just going to be a glorified 10% off code dispensing site, but you never know!

Tried both of my email accounts and got 2x £1 off £20 spend

I tried the trick above about putting a '.' in the address but it hasn't seemed to have worked.

Shame as I could of done with a £5 of £35. Worth a shot though, thanks OP :)

D: I get a 'Redemption Rules Not Satisfied' when using a £5 off £35 on cataclysm collectors edition, maybe it needs to be exactly £35 :/

As far as I can tell, this is the full gamut of discount codes available, along with approximate probabilities:

• £1 off a £20 spend (60% chance)
  • £2 off a £25 spend (20% chance)
  • £3 off a £30 spend (10% chance)
  • £5 off a £35 spend (5% chance)
  • £10 off a £50 spend (2.5% chance)
  • £20 off a £100 chance (2.5% chance)

i keep getting £2 off £20 :(

If i get a £5 off £35, i wanna get blops, but it's 34.99. What's the cheapest thing i can get on there?

I just got a 20£ of 100£

If anyone wants it, just say ill pm it to u, since im drom denmark and cant use it anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It told me they were out of codes and they would have more in a couple of hours lol, the site is currently under maintenance now.

2x £2 off £25 so far, nothing really intresting yet, wouldn't mind winning one of those Kinects or a Move Starter pack though...

I got £1 off £20 and £5 off £35. I don't think I will be ordering anything so if someone wants the codes PM me.

Load of crap. The amounts you save make everything still more expensive than anywhere else until you hit the big money.
And £20 off is still not enough to make me buy a Kinect, sorry. :p

what a jip. got £5 off £35 so I was going to get COD: BO on PC, added a little pokemon thing for 1.99 to get the price over £35 and was wondering why it wouldn't accept my order.

Checked the terms and conditions and it says:

Vouchers cannot be redeemed against Kinect, Call of Duty: Black Ops, gift vouchers, gift cards, preorder products, hardware, hardware and software bundles, GAME Rental, GAMEcare, GAME on Demand Download Service, GAME Mobank store or mobile games.

What a pile of crap. although I believe you can flat out win consoles and stuff, so it's worth keeping going with it

I just won the Prestige edition of MW2 !

iwond.png

DEFINITELY WORTH ENTERING!

Congrats, Ste!

Yeah, a friend told me earlier that it can't be redeemed on Kinect or Blops.
Move looked up at me lovingly but I said "I'D NEVER PLAY YOU!"

[quote name='DrJekyll UK']I won £5 off of £35.

I signed my mate up... he won a Kinect apparently!!! :wall:[/QUOTE]

if you signed your mate up, you should get what they win as well. Check your account, if you haven't set one up set it up and it all should be in there.

I've been doing it for almost a week and haven't got anything better than £2 off £20, its all pants! Give me a good prize!

I've entered it every day for the past week or so and won nothing of interest. Ah well may as well keep trying.

£1 off £20.

So there's no chance of getting something other than a scaled discount? That kind of sucks.

EDIT: Oh you can win real prizes too? Hm. Maybe I'll keep at it, then.

A tip for entrants - gmail gives you an unlimited number of "aliases" that all redirect to the same gmail account.

Example: your email address is [email protected]

By using a plus sign after the username but before the @ gives you an alias. Example:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

These are all recognised by Game as separate emails yet all will come through to the original [email protected] address

I may or may not have used this method to claim over 200 entries to this competition ;-P

[quote name='judge-fang']A tip for entrants - gmail gives you an unlimited number of "aliases" that all redirect to the same gmail account.

Example: your email address is [email protected]

By using a plus sign after the username but before the @ gives you an alias. Example:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

These are all recognised by Game as separate emails yet all will come through to the original [email protected] address

I may or may not have used this method to claim over 200 entries to this competition ;-P[/QUOTE]

The only problem is, don't they sign you up to a mailing list for each email address you use? So the next time they send out an email, you're going to get swamped.

[quote name='JamesC_']Luckily gmail threads similar emails so you can archive them all at once ;)[/QUOTE]

You, sir, are a genious.

I also managed to use this promotion to get a logitech driving force GT wheel for £60 instead of £80 as I ordered it with gran turismo 5, used a £20 off £100 code, the order was split into two seperate parts on their end, the wheel dispatched... I cancelled gran turismo and Bob's your uncle. The receipt clearly says £79.99 less £20 promotion, no mention of GT5. That was a week ago now and I've heard nothing from game and no more money has gone out of my account.

The promotion reduces the price of one item, seems to be the first one in your basket (also used another code today and the same thing happened) so it MAY be possible to get things dirt cheap using these codes by adding something like an out-of-stock steering wheel to boost the price, however its pretty darn risky - if the wheel comes in stock before whatever else you bought is dispatched, you're not gonna be too happy.

Game.co.uk will be having what it is calling a "Monday Madness" sale this Monday, and it is claiming that the Lucky Gamer promotion will yield better opportunities to win more significant prizes as part of the sale. I suppose we shouldn't hold our breath after ShopTo's fairly underwhelming sale last Monday, but it can't hurt to give it a try.

The Lucky Gamer promo has ended. :(
Anyone with unused codes of £3 off a £30 or £5 off a £35 or £10 off a £50 or £20 off a £100 is more then welcome to send it to me if possible. I'd like to buy some kinect games to my kid.
Appreciate your kindness!

bread's done
Back