CAGcast #219: Arse to Gob

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]CheapyD talks Call of Duty: Black Ops and 3D gaming, Shipwreck buys Kinect and Dance Central, and Wombat learns some special abbreviations. We also tackle the latest gaming and shopping news, your CAGbag and Twitter questions and so much more!

[podcast]128[/podcast]
Download - 93 minutes, 56MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Last edited by a moderator:
At 5am EST, as I'm getting ready to leave for work, I checked iTunes and saw the new ep downloaded. "Cool," I thought, "Something to listen to on the way in."

Then I saw the episode title. I thought, "Please, tell me they don't talk about 'ass-to-mouth.'" I should have known better.

Mostly, I'm just surprised that only Ship knew what it was. Banky's going to be disappointed in you two. What other podcast segues from ATM into Cuban presidency? (And Ship came through again.)

Seriously, though, funny episode.

Wow. Cheapy D is all over 3D Gaming cock now? It's funny how having money can change you. (shipwreck is another example of this. Life must be great when you make $58/hr.)

where are the toilet pictures!? and HELL YES I pee in the shower, just pee into the drain to reduce spattage and never tell the wife, I do it because I am a man and I can and for no other reason

Anyone got a link to this raptor site? Tried google but its got to buried under a billion dinosaur and airplane sites.

I saw the "Arse to Gob" title and wondered what the hell that was about. Thought maybe it was an Arrested Development reference. I love what it is really about. :D

Lately and this episode especially, Cheapy's been rubbing me the wrong way with bragging about how much stuff he's buying. Everything from a home theatre setup / renovations / cross-atlantic trips / $100 steak dinners / designer clothes for his kid's interview with a private daycare...

I don't know guys, try to remember that CAG stands for Cheap Ass Gamer, not affluent gamer.

I admit it's probably more about getting stressed about Christmas coming up, but I doubt I'm alone in feeling this way.

I love how shipwreck says we should talk about games and then they talk for 5 minutes about peeing in the shower. lol. I pee in the shower but the worst thing is when i take a shower with my girl and the urge to pee comes on. i have to get her all soaped up and turn her around and take a secret undercover piss. omg that's gross. sorry
peace

[quote name='Velo214']I love how shipwreck says we should talk about games and then they talk for 5 minutes about peeing in the shower. lol. I pee in the shower but the worst thing is when i take a shower with my girl and the urge to pee comes on. i have to get her all soaped up and turn her around and take a secret undercover piss. omg that's gross. sorry
peace[/QUOTE]
This post for some reason was pretty funny.

Rockband sales have been decreasing for quite awhile now so this announcement that they are being sold won't affect MadCatz and other companies doing peripherals more than they've already been affected by the low sales of the past year or two.

Sony and MS aren't going to buy Harmonix at least not for the RB brand. RB doesn't any mindshare with the mass market. The GH brand does.

They could buy them for the talent for future games. But the risk there is the talent doesn't stay for long.

[quote name='eataburger']Lately and this episode especially, Cheapy's been rubbing me the wrong way with bragging about how much stuff he's buying. Everything from a home theatre setup / renovations / cross-atlantic trips / $100 steak dinners / designer clothes for his kid's interview with a private daycare...

I don't know guys, try to remember that CAG stands for Cheap Ass Gamer, not affluent gamer.

I admit it's probably more about getting stressed about Christmas coming up, but I doubt I'm alone in feeling this way.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah! Cheapy should pretend to live on the streets and eat out of a garbage can just to make you happy.

I don't see anything wrong with peeing in the shower. When you gotta go, you gotta go. Wombat's disgust with it reminded me of that dude in that Seinfeld episode.

Shippy's distaste with Goldeneye Wii's visuals make total sense. But I heard the game is good enough that you can look past it. I'm surprised Ship couldn't deal with it.

Btw, I finished CoD: BO on Hardened last night and the campaign is FANTASTIC. You guys are in for a treat. So many cool missions.

[quote name='eataburger']Lately and this episode especially, Cheapy's been rubbing me the wrong way with bragging about how much stuff he's buying. Everything from a home theatre setup / renovations / cross-atlantic trips / $100 steak dinners / designer clothes for his kid's interview with a private daycare...

[/QUOTE]

Cheapy just talks about his life on the podcast, and he leads a rich lifestyle. I'm afraid you're going to have to

deal-with-it.gif

Kinect Adventures and Kinect are analogous to the typical Wii fps- mostly generic, sloppy and junky.

Sold mine after a day. Kinect is part Wii shovelware 2.0. Part Vista release. Part deja vu. And part cool for a day tech.

Ship told the Kinect story pretty accurately.

Hey wombat.. is that hyundai station wagon an Elantra Touring perhaps?

I'm actually hoping to buy one of those in the next couple months.

Simple reasons why:

1. easier trips to ikea
2. easier to bring my dog to the park
3. better on gas than my current car(and no need for premiuim like my current car)
4. great warranty
5. cheap!

oh, and it literally has every comfort feature that my Acura does. (granted my Acura is now 10 years old)

that being said... if that is what you bought.. how do you like it so far?

[quote name='smoger']Hey wombat.. is that hyundai station wagon an Elantra Touring perhaps?

I'm actually hoping to buy one of those in the next couple months.

Simple reasons why:

1. easier trips to ikea
2. easier to bring my dog to the park
3. better on gas than my current car(and no need for premiuim like my current car)
4. great warranty
5. cheap!

oh, and it literally has every comfort feature that my Acura does. (granted my Acura is now 10 years old)

that being said... if that is what you bought.. how do you like it so far?[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I got. So far, I really like it. Drives well with good gas milage and unlike my old car an ipod jack.

If you listen to this whilst on a train to Edinburgh and a hostess looks down at your ipod, prepare to get a cheeky wink

Great one guys. I was in the gym working out while listening to this, and when you guys started talking about the ass to mouth i almost dropped the weights. I had to take a break because I couldn't lift anything while laughing. Good thing no one else was in the gym or else I would have looked pretty stupid.
Keep up the good work.

My Top 5 Played Games (As Reported By Steam)

Team Fortress 2 - 558.8 Hours
Left 4 Dead - 363.3 Hours
Modern Warfare 2 - 170.3 Hours
Left 4 Dead 2 - 100.7 Hours
Mass Effect - 60 Hours

To answer the last e-mail question, my 3-year old toddler loves Kinect Adventures and also Kinectimals. Some of the concepts in Kinectimals are too advanced for her though. Be prepared to step in frequently to handle the menu options.

In my opinion, three is the beginning age of being able to grasp the concepts. Two is too young. I'd recommend five is the ideal age for understanding these games.

Funny bug. If an adult and a toddler play, the Kinect sometimes gets confused and thinks the smaller player is kneeling.

The Harmonix news shows after the "It's new" phase of music games leveled out the business isn't dead but can't support weekly new releases. Remember when each release was considered big gaming news? Now, no one cares.

First people are disillusioned by Shipwreck peeing in the shower, then he's the only one on the show who knew without looking it up exactly what A2M was.

Note to Wombat and all other podcast broadcasters: There is nothing more fucking annoying that when you call out your own fucking segue. It isn't funny and noone in the real world talks like that. Everyone is well aware of your awkward and unfunny addition(?) to the conversation.

Other than that, I love you guys and the CAGcast.

surely, the ONLY podcast that includes a2m AND Tai singing...in one show! remarkable,
thought-provoking, timely

holy shit the end is really near. did my ears deceive me or did cheapy say positive things about the ps3 and sony!?!?!?!and even positive things about psn plus!?!?!?!?! be careful man youre going to make microsoft jealous if you keep gushing over sony like that lol.

Peeing in the shower is pretty awesome, but NOTHING compares to peeing in the sink.

I heard Adam Carolla talking about it on his podcast, tried it, and now I'm a changed man.

So seriously, how is it that pure, unswearing Shipwreck is the only one that previously knew what ATM means? I am shocked with how much Cheapy and Wombat talk about asses and shit.

Great show guys!

Cheapy - Last month I bought a 55" LED TV to replace my two year old 40" LCD. Both Samsung, both 120HZ, both 1080P. The 40" had the most amazing picture I've ever seen. Therefore...

I was expecting at LEAST the same quality picture in the 55", but much like yourself - it was slightly disappointing. The larger screen caused the picture to not look as nice. So if anything, misery loves company. Feel comfort knowing you are not alone.

But you are right...bigger is BETTER. And the lower quality picture mostly applies to broadcast TV, as games and BluRay still look incredible.

I'm excited for 1080P tv broadcasts (over cable at least). Not sure if it will ever happen though. I would get FIOS if they had it in my area. Till then, I'll suffer with a slightly lower quality - but much bigger - picture.

Edit: OH, and as for peeing in the shower (again) - its disgusting that you're standing in your own piss. Who gives a shit if it saves water???? Do you brush your teeth in the toilet just so you don't use water in the sink???? Come on guys...

Last edited by a moderator:
Since there's a high possibility that more there'll be more talk of pee & poop next podcast, I'll comment on it! I'm in the crowd of I-pee-in-the-showerers. I mean, you're constantly getting clean, anyway. That's what showers are for. Join us, Wombat!

Great cagcast!
I always thought Cheapy was going overboard with the whole Wombat's always wrong joke, but damn... Wombat, this is your worst showing since... well, Wombat's Bad Fact Day. And I like how you took credit for being right about Harmony Smurf when all you did was look it up. Oh well, I still like when you're wrong Wombat, it's always hilarious.

Anybody who doesnt pee in the shower is crazy and needs to get off their high horse. Seriously, Wombat. You rip on Cheapy for getting emotional over video games and movies, but you don't pee in the shower cause you think it's gross? Not only do you not pee in the shower, you must also pee sitting down...

ps: BEST SHOW CLOSING EVER!
"Sing O me? What are you, Irish?"
"Yeah"
"Oh, you are Irish"

I laughed for a good minute about your discussion as to which Fable had the part where you're a prisoner because in both 1 & 2 you become a prisoner and grow older within the cells of the prison. Peter Molyneux is so innovative.

Cheapy, I shopped around the last couple months and the price difference between 3D and non-3D high-end HDTVs is not much different here in the US either.

$2k - 2.5k is about what you'd expect to pay for a high-end LG, Samsung or Sony LED HDTV. I already decided on Sony and all of their top models are 3D-ready. Sony and Samsung have been offering bundles on their TVs which usually include a 3D Blu-ray player/PS3 and a 3D starter kit (2 pairs of glasses, transmitter and 3D movies).

I got a 55" HDTV, PS3 and 3D starter kit + 3 movies for $2400. I ended up selling the PS3 and two movies for $450. Most 3D movies only come with TV purchases so they sell quite well on eBay.

[quote name='BigBizzee']Edit: OH, and as for peeing in the shower (again) - its disgusting that you're standing in your own piss. Who gives a shit if it saves water???? Do you brush your teeth in the toilet just so you don't use water in the sink???? Come on guys...[/QUOTE]

You can pee in the shower without standing in your own piss.

bread's done
Back