Preorder Halo Reach Noble map pack @ Gamestop get flaming helmet for Avatar

I too thought it was the ingame dlc had to re read it. I'll probably get from gs too considering I was gonna get it anyway.

[quote name='Kamakazi010654']Won't you have to pay tax in-store? Making the the bonus kind of unfree compared to tax free MS points?[/QUOTE]

Depends on your state, but most shouldn't.

[quote name='animalspinners']Why would you ever need to preorder downloadable content?

The whole concept just seems ridiculous to me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shaneatlh']yeah it is ridiculous but at least you get something free out of it[/QUOTE]

There is no point in pre-ordering DLC, but if there are going to be more deals like this, I am all for it. There is so much freaking DLC nowadays that I feel like I spend more on that than I do actual games. A bonus is nice to get. Even If I don't want it, someone else probably will, and I'll be able to reduce the cost of the DLC a bit.

[quote name='Kamakazi010654']Won't you have to pay tax in-store? Making the the bonus kind of unfree compared to tax free MS points?[/QUOTE]

As the above poster said, it's going to depend on the state. Even if you do have to pay tax, I'm gonna bet clueless people eBay will end up paying a few bucks for these, rather than pre-ordering, so you'll still make out.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']There is no point in pre-ordering DLC, but if there are going to be more deals like this, I am all for it. There is so much freaking DLC nowadays that I feel like I spend more on that than I do actual games. A bonus is nice to get. Even If I don't want it, someone else probably will, and I'll be able to reduce the cost of the DLC a bit.

As the above poster said, it's going to depend on the state. Even if you do have to pay tax, I'm gonna bet clueless people eBay will end up paying a few bucks for these, rather than pre-ordering, so you'll still make out.[/QUOTE]

Got to you agree with you, pre-ordering DLC is pretty dumb, but if they give back free stuff I'm not complaining anymore :cool::lol:

Geez gamestop with it's gaming monopoly. If this takes off, as I'm sure it will, they will start giving away free dlc when you but used games then the gaming companies will complain they don't make money from dlc now...

I wonder if the avatar helmet will go for as much as the in game one went.... I still don't understand why people were paying $80-100 for flaming helmet codes on ebay. Sold mine, ha.

[quote name='droider']Got to you agree with you, pre-ordering DLC is pretty dumb, but if they give back free stuff I'm not complaining anymore :cool::lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean, I have seen a few people complain about it already, and I don't see the point. Free stuff is pretty good, in my opinion. If you don't want the helmet or don't think it will be worth anything on eBay, then just buy the DLC direct from MS.

And I just read on the PowerUp Rewards site that the code will be available on your account the day the DLC is released, so you only have to go into the store once.

If you want the avatar item, then it's a decent deal. Money-wise, it's cheaper to buy direct from your xbox account if you're on this website and you get point cards during deals. Paying $10 cash is more expensive than paying 800 MSP because those points were bought for less than $10.

[quote name='CaseX']If you want the avatar item, then it's a decent deal. Money-wise, it's cheaper to buy direct from your xbox account if you're on this website and you get point cards during deals. Paying $10 cash is more expensive than paying 800 MSP because those points were bought for less than $10.[/QUOTE]
Its actually the same 800 points= $10 but if you buy points through xbox using a credit card they tax you so it is actually more through M$.

[quote name='shaneatlh']Its actually the same 800 points= $10 but if you buy points through xbox using a credit card they tax you so it is actually more through M$.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I meant buying direct using MS points, not a credit card. I still have an unused 4000 pt card (equivalent to $50) that I purchased for around $30 (?), so that's a 60% discount. Buying Reach map pack using my points would be the equivalent of $10 x 60% = $6, which is cheaper than buying from Gamestop or using credit card.

I dont see why preordering dlc is crazy; its not like i'm worried that im not going to be able to find a copy in a store somewhere of standard edition of game X when it comes out. I preorder because I find a great deal on it somewhere for credit or an item or something that I would not be able to get if I didnt preorder and just waited until release day for. I'm sure this flaming helmet item is worth the extra trip for some people and that's what Gamestop is betting on as well.

For Gamestop, this is a great move on their part. Not once, but twice, you end up in their store. If even 5% of the people buy something extra on either trip, the promotion will be worth it in their mind because it all comes down to dollars in the long run.

For the record, I hate Gamestop but I have to commend them for such a great move. I'll end up pre-ordering this solely because I want the helmet for my avatar. I was gonna buy the map pack anyway and my closest Gamestop is literally across the street from me.

[quote name='djbooba']For Gamestop, this is a great move on their part. Not once, but twice, you end up in their store. If even 5% of the people buy something extra on either trip, the promotion will be worth it in their mind because it all comes down to dollars in the long run.

For the record, I hate Gamestop but I have to commend them for such a great move. I'll end up pre-ordering this solely because I want the helmet for my avatar. I was gonna buy the map pack anyway and my closest Gamestop is literally across the street from me.[/QUOTE]
This, except mine is next to my work...lol

[quote name='shaneatlh']Its actually the same 800 points= $10 but if you buy points through xbox using a credit card they tax you so it is actually more through M$.[/QUOTE]

It depends on what state you live in whether you get taxed by Microsoft for online purchases. I never get taxed for buying MS points online through Xbox.com.

[quote name='CaseX']Sorry. I meant buying direct using MS points, not a credit card. I still have an unused 4000 pt card (equivalent to $50) that I purchased for around $30 (?), so that's a 60% discount. Buying Reach map pack using my points would be the equivalent of $10 x 60% = $6, which is cheaper than buying from Gamestop or using credit card.[/QUOTE]

$20 off of $50 is a 40% discount. The cost to you was 60% of regular price, not a 60% discount.

[quote name='djbooba']For Gamestop, this is a great move on their part. Not once, but twice, you end up in their store. If even 5% of the people buy something extra on either trip, the promotion will be worth it in their mind because it all comes down to dollars in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you have a PowerUp Rewards account (the basic is free, so everyone who goes to GS at all should have one), you only have to go the store once. The content will be delivered to your account on release day. But yes, you're right. Good move by GS to get people to make extra trips to their store.

Totally all OVER this. Need two, one for each console. But I'd LOVE to be able to do the whole thing online through the website. Was HOPING they were putting it out there this morning when the site was unavailable... but I couldn't find it a couple minutes ago when I did a search... :(

PowerUP Reward members, reserve the Halo Reach Noble Map Pack between now & 11/29, get the Mark V flaming helmet FREE, map pack content will be delivered to your PowerUP Rewards account on 11/30.

Is this for your avatar? If so, that is cool-edit: just read up on it and it is for avatar. sounds pretty cool. But pre ordering a map pack from gamestop. Strange.. I never buy DLC unless it is discounted anyway.

Looks pretty weak:

haloreachdlc.jpg

So basically as a non-PowerUp customer, if you preorder the map pack in store before 11/29, you get another DLC code for flaming helmet avatar item when you pick up the map pack code?

A smart move on their part since you can't use a coupon in store, and they get you to haul your ass to the store TWICE. The best part is you can't return DLC purchase and keep the free avatar item!

I'd seriously consider this deal if I didn't already have some MSP cards.

Bleh, if it were the ingame DLC, it'd be 100% worth it, but i barely even use the Avatar Awards i have unlocked, let alone that chunky looking thing (The Reach Helmets looked bad enough)

Anyone know what a gamestop employee must type in to get this to show up because none of the several stores I called do not know how to pull it up at all.

The image above makes it seem like its automatic...like if you are a Power Up member, it'll be included with your code. But, like you I'd like to be sure before putting my money down.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The image above makes it seem like its automatic...like if you are a Power Up member, it'll be included with your code. But, like you I'd like to be sure before putting my money down.[/QUOTE]

No, I mean what they must type in to even bring up the noble map pack for preorder. They can't even find it in the system

That's what I'm saying...I don't think they have to type anything, I think that its automatic. My understanding is that the system will know if you're a Power Up user and when they email you your DLC code, they will send you the avatar code as well. But again don't quote me on this...I'd say wait another few days until GS stores receive official info on the pre-order dealio.

LP, what he is he saying is, there is nothing in the system about the DLC, at all, as if the company is not selling it. I have seen a bunch of people say they have not been able to pre-order, so I think this is a company-wide issue.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']LP, what he is he saying is, there is nothing in the system about the DLC, at all, as if the company is not selling it. I have seen a bunch of people say they have not been able to pre-order, so I think this is a company-wide issue.[/QUOTE]
Also, most stores have no knowledge of the bonus avatar DLC. Unless you are a PowerUp member, you may get screwed when you pick up your map pack and they don't how about the avatar DLC, since you can't return a DLC purchase.

[quote name='eau']Also, most stores have no knowledge of the bonus avatar DLC. Unless you are a PowerUp member, you may get screwed when you pick up your map pack and they don't how about the avatar DLC, since you can't return a DLC purchase.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it seems like a complete mess, especially considering the DLC is gonna be released in two weeks. Seeing as I have a GS a few blocks from my house, and they are gonna send the code to your PowerUp account, I was definitely going to do this, but now, I'm not too sure.

for those having problems at GS

go to the store, sign up for the PowerUp rewards program first and get your free card.

then ask them about preordering the Noble Map Pack for Halo Reach. It's in the system it just listed under something that probably isn't Halo Reach related. It's actually considered a "pre-purchase" and not a preorder so the transaction is done differently. You will be charged TAX as well unless you use Edge credit.

your codes will be emailed you to on 11/30 etc. that is all.

I "pre-purchased" two of these on sunday. It is not found in the same area as all of the other reservable items. They will have to do a manual F10 look-up while in the transaction. The SKU is 610080. At the bottom of the reciept, where it would normally print out your DLC code, it states "Code Pending" real big, and then under it says

"The authorization code for your DLC purchase will be delivered to your PowerUp Rewards account on 11/30/2010. This date is subject to change. An email will be sent to xxxxxx@xxx with instructions once the authorization code is available."

I can log into my PowerUp Rewards account, under "My Game Library" -> "Downloads & Add-ons" it shows an icon for both of my Noble Map Packs. When I click on it, it says "Successfully purchased but not available until 11/30/2010*" and then under that:

"Download Instructions
Please return to this page on or after this item's release date to obtain the activation code and download instructions for this item."

There ya go...

bread's done
Back