Top Shot Elite thread - The Xbox 360 light gun! Bundled w/ Dangerous Hunts 2011

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
The Top Shot Elite gun

Click for larger image

The Top Shot Elite is the first light gun for the Xbox 360. It was designed by Red Octane, the creators of the original Guitar Hero guitar controllers. The aiming works the same way as a Wiimote (you're moving a cursor rather than the screen flashing white to determine where the gun is pointed like older light guns used to do). The gun is wireless, runs on 2 AAs, and also comes with a wireless sensor bar that runs on 2 more AAs. It has two analog sticks, one at the handle and another on the left side of the barrel. On the opposite side of the barrel is a d-pad. Cocking the shotgun generally reloads in games. There's also a scope, which is tinted red and not that useful IMO. It's a great gun though. Currently you can't buy it alone, but it's bundled with Dangerous Hunts 2011. As more games support the Top Shot Elite, they will be posted here.

Impressions

IGN
GameplayBook

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011

[youtube]_0hrXSkVDxE[/youtube]

The Top Shot Elite is bundled with Dangerous Hunts 2011. The bundle retails for $80, though it's on sale for $70 at Amazon right now. DH 2011 is the first hunting game ever to feature a fully cinematic story mode, so it's more of a real game and less of a niche title. It also includes arcade-style shooting galleries that support up to four players (additional players use standard controllers).

Reviews

Game Interface review
Gaming All the Time review
Destructoid preview

Cabela's North American Adventures

[youtube]0ITwa_ot30E[/youtube]

The second game to support the Top Shot Elite is Cabela's North American Adventures. It retails for $40 and is a pretty standard hunting game. It has local 2-player and four-player online play.

Reviews

About.com review
ZT Game Domain review

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really my thing, but my friends are always into those Buck Hunter-style games at bars or whatever, and have long wondered why there is no gun peripheral hunting game for the 360. This'll probably be an Xmas gift for one or two of them.

I feel like the 360 is getting shafted on light gun games. Even the original Xbox had Silent Scope and HotD 3 (there might be a few more but those are the only ones I personally had). I hope we get some more light gun games soon as I am a huge fan of on rails shooters (not so much the hunting games though).

The Gallery part pf Dangerous Hunts 2011 is an on-rail shooter. You only need to worry about aiming and firing, toggling weapons for birds and land-based enemies, managing powerups, and maintaining combos by not missing.

Activision says they will support the Top Shot Elite in the future, so it's even possible a Call of Duty game will one day support it. I'd definitely love some Sega arcade ports, but I doubt anyone besides Activision's going to jump in and make games for it.

The Dangerous Hunts 2011 bundle is on sale for $59.99 this week at Target. That's a great price for a really good game and peripheral.

Don't bother buying this if you don't have Kinect-level real estate. I'm glad my friend has a fairly generous amount of living room space.

bread's done
Back