Pre-order World of Warcraft Cataclysm $39.99 + 10 Game Credit + FSSS

jastevenson

CAG Veteran
Pre-order "World of Warcraft: Cataclysm" and receive 100 pre-order bonus points.

Pre-order now and play it on day one with 99 cent Release-Date Delivery or free for Prime members."

:bouncy:

Never seen any use in pre-ordering before, but considering Blizzard games rarely drop below MSRP until at least a decade has past, I think I'll go for this.

Make sure you will not have a nervous breakdown if the game does not arrive until the day after release. My copy and a lot of other peoples copies of CoD: Black Ops with release date delivery arrived a day late. Amazon gave an extra $5 and $10 credit though so it was all good with me, but if you absolutely must play this at 3:01 am Eastern Time, you might just want to direct download from Blizz.

I preordered awhile ago so hopefully I get an email in the next couple weeks saying I will get the $10 credit. Actually excited to get back into WoW after taking a break for a year and some change, plus I will have nothing to do during break after exams anyways.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Make sure you will not have a nervous breakdown if the game does not arrive until the day after release. My copy and a lot of other peoples copies of CoD: Black Ops with release date delivery arrived a day late. Amazon gave an extra $5 and $10 credit though so it was all good with me, but if you absolutely must play this at 3:01 am Eastern Time, you might just want to direct download from Blizz.

I preordered awhile ago so hopefully I get an email in the next couple weeks saying I will get the $10 credit. Actually excited to get back into WoW after taking a break for a year and some change, plus I will have nothing to do during break after exams anyways.[/QUOTE]

Come on, an extra $10-$20 regardless of if you have to wait a day or two is worth it. This is cheapass gamer.

This + the buy 2 get 1 free on 60-day cards a little while back might just get me back into WoW again sooner than expected.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Didn't seem to apply to be existing CE pre-order... going to contact customer support later and see if they'll hook it up.[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't usually put the bonuses on CE's - and seeing as they aren't even selling the Cataclysm CE anymore I doubt seriously they will this time.

I've had the CE preordered for my wife since they put it up, but I was waiting to see who had the best deal on the standard edition to decide where to pickup mine. Looks like Amazon just made that decision for me. :)

[quote name='dudejeff22']Didn't seem to apply to be existing CE pre-order... going to contact customer support later and see if they'll hook it up.[/QUOTE]

Considering Amazon's not even selling the CE, I'd say you definitely need to contact CS.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/press/pressreleases.html?100817

IRVINE, Calif – Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced plans for a limited-release Collector's Edition of World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm™, the third expansion for the world's most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game,* World of Warcraft. The special Collector's Edition package, which will only be available at retail stores, will include the following exclusive bonus items in addition to the game disc:

if you really must have this at 3:01 am on the 7th, just preorder the digital edition direct from blizzard. It's $39.99 and you can start to install it now.

if you are big on amazon though, go for it...but don't get upset if things are delayed a bit (talking worst case senarios)

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Considering Amazon's not even selling the CE, I'd say you definitely need to contact CS.[/QUOTE]
They did have the CE for pre-order back in August; but, reached the limit they are receiving from Blizzard. Worked out well for me since I had $60 in credit. :)

This is super tempting. But i really wanna get the expansion at midnight. If gamestop or BB don't do a midnight launch, i might have to bite on this.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Hmmm ... I feel like a couple stores, like Frys for example, might offer an incentive to buy in-store, like a discounted game timecard or something ... so I'm kind of on the fence about going with Amazon on this one.

Well that and I've been away from WoW for quite some time and probably don't need to go back .. but it always seems to call to me for some reason.

[quote name='helmet']This + the buy 2 get 1 free on 60-day cards a little while back might just get me back into WoW again sooner than expected.[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah I've had Cataclysm pre-ordered since last year via ECA 30% off and since this extends to previous pre-orders, I'm getting this at a great deal. I've been out of wow since April but I also picked up 2x time cards.

also, pre-order now! even without a digital pre-order.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/10/29/want-to-preload-cataclysm-without-pre-ordering-heres-how/
NOTE: Blizzard has approved use of this method. It is not against the ToS, EULA, or any other acronym.

Pre-orders for the Cataclysm digital upgrade are officially open, and you can start downloading the remainder of the expansion's data the moment your purchase goes through. But what if you're awaiting a Collector's Edition or you don't have the money to upgrade online right now? You don't want to be left waiting for Cataclysm to download and install on launch night.

Thankfully, we've got you covered. There's an easy way to preload all the data you'll need to play Cataclysm the moment it goes live on midnight Dec. 7. Just follow these easy steps:

1. Make sure World of Warcraft and/or the launcher and background downloader are completely closed.
2. Open up your World of Warcraft folder.
3. Open Launcher.wtf in Notepad and change the "accountType" line from LK to CT.
4. Open Config.wtf in Notepad and change the "accountType" line from LK to CT.

Now load up the launcher and you should begin downloading 700 megs or so of new material. That's the last bit of data you need to play on launch night. Enjoy!

Remember: This will only give you the necessary files to play Cataclysm. It will not upgrade your account and you will not be able to access Cataclysm features. You still need to buy the game if you want to play on launch day.

bread's done
Back