Fallout 3 Tips

Reno Takamiya

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I just started and I escaped the vault now I'm at Megaton.
Anything could help like what should I do first in there and what shouldn't I do.
And what I should do sooner then later in the game.

Also I was just wondering how the story for this game is?
Because I doubt that all 100+ hours is the whole story or is it?

I'm pretty sure you can power through the story in something like 15 hours if you want to. Fallout games are not really about the story line quests. You gotta spend time and do the side quests too.

Get a companion. Save your Nuka Cola Quantum's if you're going to 100% the game. Load up on Speech/Science/Lock Picking if you want to be able to have access to all the game's rooms and speech checks.

...Pretty much that's the gist of it. Doesn't really matter what order you do what in.

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']I just started and I escaped the vault now I'm at Megaton.
Anything could help like what should I do first in there and what shouldn't I do.
[/QUOTE]

Do not set any goals or look at the map.
Do not read any spoilers or be concerned with experience and stats.
Head west and wander around and poke into buildings and such.
Fallout 3's greatest strength is being sucked into the world.
The game will play itself in a natural and organic fashion.
I'm at 200 hours and I'm still playing the DLCs.

After doing a few missions and leveling up a little bit go do Agatha's Quest as soon as you can so you can get the Blackhawk ASAP. That gun is so freaking awesome :D

Enjoy the game, man. It's one of the best gaming experiences of this generation. I spent well over 100 hours in the Capital Wasteland. It remains, to this day, the only game I have gotten every achievement for (1550/1550).

I agree with the Speech/Science/Lockpick comment. Having these at a high level will open up the game even more.

I think everyone will agree that for combat, small guns are the most important throughout most of the game. Later on in the game, though, you'll make the switch to primarily energy weapons, so put some points into both of these. Early on, I found it best to stick with a gun that had a surplus of ammo. Then I would just sell all my other ammo or trade it for ammo for that gun. Eventually, finding ammo won't be a problem though.

Just for fun, sneak up to someone and steal from them, but instead of taking something, give them a grenade.

I'm trying to get to the Galaxy Radio Station but how do I? I'm really close I've found the Friendship something or other. but I keep dying whenever I try to move closer. What should I do?

All I have is a Baseball Bat
.32 Pistol and a BB gun.

[quote name='gordojones88']Do not set any goals or look at the map.
Do not read any spoilers or be concerned with experience and stats.
Head west and wander around and poke into buildings and such.
Fallout 3's greatest strength is being sucked into the world.
The game will play itself in a natural and organic fashion.
I'm at 200 hours and I'm still playing the DLCs.[/QUOTE]
How do you have 200 hours in Fallout and still not have 1550 sorry for being a ass,but really?

bread's done
Back