Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

I'll probably play the online first before the community dries up. I hope the achievements for the online aren't in the insanely long and difficult category.

I loved AC2 and I'm really looking forward to playing the SP campaign of this one. The MP looks interesting, but I'm not sure if I'm going to try it out before I send it back to Gamefly.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I'll probably play the online first before the community dries up. I hope the achievements for the online aren't in the insanely long and difficult category.[/QUOTE]

Oh, don't worry, they made sure one of them is.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/assassins-creed-brotherhood/achievements/

Download Complete - Reach Level 50.

Also not a fan of Strong Closer... I don't really like gimmicky achievements like that.

Hopefully online is unique enough to last a long time.

Ugh, I know I might not get most of these multiplayer achievements but I think the game overall will be fun. Haven't gotten my shipped email from Amazon yet though. That sucks.

I really want the EU version of the collectors edition. The Codex Edition is so much better than what Ubisoft is releasing in America.

I looked over the level progression since I couldn't get through to the servers tonight. There is an absolute ton of stuff to unlock, so as long as no handful of things seem overpowered (perk + ability set), there should be plenty of reasons to play this online for a while.

Still no reviews up. If I remember right, Ubisoft did this last year with ACII. The reviews didn't come out until around noon EST on release day.

Cancelled my pre-order on amazon, in hopes of it being 29.99 or somewhere around there on Black Friday.

And I'm only on DNA sequence 4 in Assassins Creed 2, should get that finished soon though!

Gamespot gave it an 8.5.

The Good:

• Huge, beautiful city stuffed with amazing details
  • Lairs and other platforming sequences are fantastic
  • Long, with lots of fun and varied activities
  • Economy is more meaningful than before
  • All sorts of improvements, big and small.
The Bad:

• Main story is disappointing
  • Assassin recruitment is contrived and ultimately meaningless
  • Glitches.
EDIT:
And an A- from 1UP

Holy crap! Major super spoiler from the end of Brotherhood (someone just spoiled it for me but for those that don't care...)

Desmond kills Lucy!

[quote name='Spybreak8']Ah man I gotta not read posts in gmail.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I have been there. Luckily this time I wasn't.

I'm about half way done through sequence 2 and I'm loving it. I forgot how frustrating some of the dungeons in this series can be. The game's world seems huge and if you are a completionist about flags and feathers, the single player part could take a lot of time(in a good way). Since I don't have gold, I haven't tried the multiplayer modes.

Like some have already said, I'm waiting for the black friday deals before picking this up. Either way, I enjoyed AC 2 too much to not play this.

I'm in sequence 2 and the single player is really good so far. It was quite polished with AC2, now its just polished and fun. I am trying to get into a multiplayer session but seem to be unable to. Bummer.

EDIT: Took about 4 tries but finally am getting in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have the CE? Is the disk the soundtrack is on a game disk meaning the tracks are locked to it and can't be ripped to your PC?

(This is how it was for AC 1 and 2 CE, and the PoP CE.)

Multiplayer is really cool. But most of the kills were chained together because the person you are pursuing kills someone... which is pretty obvious... and then you kill them and someone else sees you and gets you... so on. I would say 75% of the my deaths were chain-kills. They try to balance it out by rewarding for "creative" kills which gives around 4x points but it may take some time to do that well.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Does anyone have the CE? Is the disk the soundtrack is on a game disk meaning the tracks are locked to it and can't be ripped to your PC?

(This is how it was for AC 1 and 2 CE, and the PoP CE.)[/QUOTE]

Man what the hell, they pulled that same shit with the new Prince of Persia game. I ended up getting the tracks off youtube but still it would have been nice to have high quality versions of the soundtrack.

Soundtrack is on a DVD playable in (I guess?) any DVD player, but the file structure in Windows doesn't show the audio tracks; it just treats it like a movie DVD. I'm not familiar with ripping tracks from something like that, but I guess you could do audio files in a DVD ripper.

How is the multiplayer in this game? I'll probably finish the SP in a week or so and I'll be playing the MP for a while if it's good. Is it fun?

[quote name='Spybreak8']Man what the hell, they pulled that same shit with the new Prince of Persia game. I ended up getting the tracks off youtube but still it would have been nice to have high quality versions of the soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if that's the case or not with the AC: Brotherhood CE that's why I was asking. That is literally the main reason I haven't gotten the CE and am waiting on a deal on the standard edition.

It's funny with the AC series and me. I got the first CE because I was in line at Gamestop the week after it came out and someone traded the whole thing in with all the bonuses. I watched my friends play it at my old apartment but never played it myself. AC 2 I got as the free game in the BB B2G1F sale and I really liked it, much more than I remember watching with AC 1. At the same Gamestop I got AC 1 CE, they still had an AC 2 CE. Only reason I wanted it was because the figure was actually a good size this time. I bought it and traded in my standard copy of AC 1 for $35 after promotions.

I did rent the game at Blockbuster just to try it out and the single player is definately giving me the Dragon Age Origins: Awakening-like vibe, and that's not a bad thing. Funny how they wrote the "Metroid/Castlevania" moment into the beginning of the game.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Ah man I gotta not read posts in gmail.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I don't just for that reason. Sorry man. It was one of those OMG things I had to tell someone, but slapped the spoiler tags on it cause I know not everyone here wants them.

Anybody else order from Amazon? I got release day delivery and no release day arrival... :whistle2:(
Oh, well. At least I have Enslaved to play until it arrives.

[quote name='Renegade Moose']Anybody else order from Amazon? I got release day delivery and no release day arrival... :whistle2:(
Oh, well. At least I have Enslaved to play until it arrives.[/QUOTE]

I got mine around like 5 pm last night. Screw UPS. Anyways, loving the game so far and the multiplayer is a lot of fun. Although I think I did have more fun playing it at E3 because I did get to see people's reactions to getting assassinated lol. But overall this a great game and look forward to assassinating some of you online :]

[quote name='Renegade Moose']Anybody else order from Amazon? I got release day delivery and no release day arrival... :whistle2:(
Oh, well. At least I have Enslaved to play until it arrives.[/QUOTE]

I got release date delivery from Amazon and I received it about 3pm from UPS. That sucks you didn't get it on release date. I hope you didn't have to pay much for release date, if you did you should get a refund. Somehow it only cost me $.99 for the shipping.

Beware going to the actual Prelude to Black Friday daily/lightning deal page on amazon.com. People are posting spoilers to the game in the comments on the deals page and there's no way not to see them.

Just wanted to look at the deals on amazon and I get innudated with spoliers that may or may not be true.

Soundtrack is on a DVD playable in (I guess?) any DVD player, but the file structure in Windows doesn't show the audio tracks; it just treats it like a movie DVD. I'm not familiar with ripping tracks from something like that, but I guess you could do audio files in a DVD ripper.

Nah I tried, they had serious stupid DRM on the DVD of the Prince of Persia soundtrack so I'd guess it's the same with AC:B's soundtrack. There were a bunch of people pissed off on the Ubisoft forums and I wouldn't blame them.

I've read a bunch of reviews and it sounds like there is a good chunk of single player here. Damn, haha I thought it was going to be mainly multiplayer so now I wish I had enough money to get this along with Hot Pursuit. Oh well, still haven't finished AC2 haha.

Thanks radioactive now I know not to mess with the CE unless it's super clearance like Bioshock 2 CE or something similar. I don't know why people on the Ubisoft forums are so surprised, it's not like they've not done this each time.

If this CE was $80 like the last two I would still get it but for $100 I'll say fuck you Ubisoft!

For those interested there's 9 memory sequences in the single player for this, compared to 12 on the AC II disk (14 if you bought the 2 DLC ones.) Also Totillo on Kotaku said the extra exclusive DLC missions on PS3 are not a reason to buy the PS3 version over 360 and they're OK but not great.

Trying to play out all the multiplayer achievements up front. Good progress for one night, but the climb to level 50 looks steep. It's a lot of fun for sure, but to play enough games to hit that top level may be patience trying. Definitely worth a play for those hesitant.

EDIT:
Oh hell, may as well throw out the first blanket request. Anyone get the Officer DLC code and are willing to part with it? I could spare a small amount of cash, something to trade, or even order you a copy of MvC3 for half off (you pay the $25-$30, I'll get it and ship to you) I'm hoping a friend at Gamestop can get me the Harlequin still.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Trying to play out all the multiplayer achievements up front. Good progress for one night, but the climb to level 50 looks steep. It's a lot of fun for sure, but to play enough games to hit that top level may be patience trying. Definitely worth a play for those hesitant.

[/QUOTE]

It supposedly takes 40+ hours to get to level 50 so it does sound like a really huge time sink for an achievement.

I'd like to think that you aren't going for level 50 JUST for the achievement; there's quite a few unlocks to get along the way to keep the playing interesting.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I'd like to think that you aren't going for level 50 JUST for the achievement; there's quite a few unlocks to get along the way to keep the playing interesting.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played the game yet, so I have no idea what the online is like. Will be picking it up on Thanksgiving @ K-mart though. For $40, you can't beat it, and I have a $20 coupon to use towards it too. $20 is even sweeter.

bread's done
Back