Can anyone explain why Best Buy does this?

M

mmercer131

I'm in there today looking for Rez (which they wouldn't even look in the back for) and a new HDTV with a reasonable sound system. I notice they have a clearance tag of $899 on a 23" Sony LCD HDTV. I ask the kid working if they have any in stock so he checks the computer and other area Best Buys and says they have none NIB. He says are you interested in the one displayed with the clearance sticker so I say sure. He leaves and comes back and says the manager won't let me sell the "display" model even though we have two and it's a discontinued model. Then he puts the clearance price card back where it was, even though he has "none" to sell and can't sell the one on display.
At this point I'm cool and just go and look at the new LCD HDTVs. Then I see the EXACT same TV for $1299 as an open box return item. I call the kid over again and ask him if I can buy that one, because I know by this time something has to be up. He says nope. So I ask to talk to his "supervisor" as to why he has two of the same TVs on display with price tags and he won't sell either one. (I'm being very cordial and mind you I'm probably gonna drop around $1400 in the store.) He comes back and says the "guy in charge" just says he can't sell them.
As I'm leaving I ask the "greeter" dude in the front if they have a new policy on not selling open box or display items even though they have them in the store with prices with them. I briefly explain what's going on and he says I'll check into it with my manager. Then he stands there, stands there, and stands there. So I ask him if he's going to check for me and he says there is no way to leave his post to go check but that he'll check on it for me. I ask him if he plans on calling me to tell me why I can't buy it and he looks at me like I'm nuts. By this time I'm totally confused, but I'm being nice about it also. He's gonna check on it but he can't check on it. What in the honey baked hell!?
Now I ask him since when couldn't you talk to a manager at a retail store to ask a simple question. He flat ass looked at me and didn't answer. So I said so I'm gonna drop between $1400 and $1600 in here tonight and you won't let me talk to a manager. He stares at me and I said I'm going to Circuit City. WEIRD, WEIRD, WEIRD!!
I've shopped there for YEARS and dropped LOTS of money in there, but the last 3 times I was in there looking at high ticket items it's like they don't wanna sell anything to me.
Anyone have any theories or experienced this???? I'm just gonna stop shopping there altogether.

Sorry if this rambles and I hope it's in the right thread.

That is extremely wierd and no-offense this story seems exagerated. Also technically BB does not have to sell you anything if they do not whant to.

First of all it's not exagerated. Jesus H Christ I have better things to do than make up fucking stories. No one was more weirded out than me. Even my wife was like "what the fuck?". Funny I thought retail stores with items and prices on them is where you bought things. Scorch, I bought 4 copies a month ago in the same Best Buy for 9.99 apiece. Why do some of you have to be such mother fucking pricks when someone posts something?? I'm just asking if someone has experienced this. They just seem like a pain in the ass to deal with anymore.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Scorch']
I'm in there today looking for Rez

:rofl:[/quote]

My toughts exactly, after I read that I didn't even bother to read the rest of the rant[/quote]
Many rural TRUs had copies of Rez well into last year...It's not unimaginable that BB could have a copy, he didn't lose anything from asking.

It's nice to have someone respond without being negative.

Yeah, I was in my Best Buy and was horribly disappointed when they didn't have any copies of Tengen Tetris in stock. fuckers wouldn't even look in the back. :(

Just like always on here nothing but a bunch of fucking assholes.

Here's a secret ...

Best Buy DOES NOT like people who buy $1500 TVs. They love demon customers who try to buy $5 videogames AND use GGCs so they get them for free. Those people get THE BEST customer service at Best Buy. :lol:

IKIK of course.

"Many rural TRUs had copies of Rez well into last year...It's not unimaginable that BB could have a copy, he didn't lose anything from asking."

Time to take a trip to the country ...

[quote name='mmercer131']Just like always on here nothing but a bunch of shaq-fuing assholes.[/quote]

Yeah, you really distinguish yourself well. :roll:

I think he did have a yellow shirt on. The guy that checks receipts when you leave.

[quote name='mmercer131']I think he did have a yellow shirt on. The guy that checks receipts when you leave.[/quote]

What makes you think that some minimum-wage greeter is going to know anything about new policies? Or anything about letting you see a manager? His job is to not leave his post, and to say hello to people. If you wanted to speak with the store manager, you should've went to customer service.

Well no offense captainfrizo, how else am I supposed to respond? I post something and get flamed for no reason at all. If people don't like the post or think I'm making it up ignore it. What am I supposed to do sit here while people flame and basically mock and make fun of me. I thought we were mostly mature adults on here, but if I have to stoop to some people's levels than I will. I just don't understand why people act like that. It's just stupid.

Explain it to me genius. Don't you have anything better to do than jump all over people and make fun of them for no reason? I'm home on a Saturday night because I have a wife and kid, whats your fucking excuse, is this what you do for fun??

Well he's not really a "greeter", he's likely loss prevention, that's why he couldn't leave where he was. They put them there for a reason and it's not really greeting people (though they do it usually). Having worked there, they always said even when you're working that position and leave on a 10 minute break or something for just about any reason you're supposed to find somebody to fill in for you while your not there.

[quote name='mmercer131']First of all it's not exagerated. Jesus H Christ I have better things to do than make up shaq-fuing stories. No one was more weirded out than me. Even my wife was like "what the shaq-fu?". Funny I thought retail stores with items and prices on them is where you bought things. Scorch, I bought 4 copies a month ago in the same Best Buy for 9.99 apiece. Why do some of you have to be such mother shaq-fuing pricks when someone posts something?? I'm just asking if someone has experienced this. They just seem like a pain in the ass to deal with anymore.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm sure you were very cordial and kind at the store. You certainly were able to keep your cool here.

[quote name='mmercer131']Well no offense captainfrizo, how else am I supposed to respond? I post something and get flamed for no reason at all. If people don't like the post or think I'm making it up ignore it. What am I supposed to do sit here while people flame and basically mock and make fun of me. I thought we were mostly mature adults on here, but if I have to stoop to some people's levels than I will. I just don't understand why people act like that. It's just stupid.[/quote]

Maybe next time you shoud plan out what you're going to post to prevent such undesired responses. Realize that there's quite a few people who like to do nothing more than start arguments and "flame" others. Don't give them a reason to.

You're getting all worked up over messages posted by a bunch of strangers on the internet. Take a deep breath and calm down.

[quote name='mmercer131']Explain it to me genius. Don't you have anything better to do than jump all over people and make fun of them for no reason? I'm home on a Saturday night because I have a wife and kid, whats your shaq-fuing excuse, is this what you do for fun??[/quote]

I can't speak for anybody else, but I like to read arguments on the internet. It's really fun to watch people self-destruct.

Duo Maxwell, thank you for clearing that up for me. If the guy would have explained it, the situation would have been different. I wasn't even pissed, just more confused.

[quote name='dratsacras'][quote name='mmercer131']Explain it to me genius. Don't you have anything better to do than jump all over people and make fun of them for no reason? I'm home on a Saturday night because I have a wife and kid, whats your shaq-fuing excuse, is this what you do for fun??[/quote]

I can't speak for anybody else, but I like to read arguments on the internet. It's really fun to watch people self-destruct.[/quote]

Yeah, it can be quite entertaining. Now, back to the show. mm, please post again.

[quote name='mmercer131']I think he did have a yellow shirt on. The guy that checks receipts when you leave.[/quote]from what I've gathered, the guys in the yellow shirts in front of the store are specifically in charge of 'loss prevention'. you know those LCD monitors they stand in front of at their post? displayed on that screen is a feed from the store's security cameras. it's their job to monitor that screen and the store to keep an eye out for suspicious activity(shoplifters mostly), and thus prevent the store from loss. I've noticed that part of their job is also to remove security items for customers(like those big plastic cases that go over video games) and to check receipts. that being said, I believe he truly isn't supposed to leave his pos as he isn't the typical best buy goon. hope that explains that part. personally, I wouldn't have quit until I had seen a manager.

edit: already posted. :oops:

I wish people would chill, let the guy make a darn thread...

The situation you described does not exactly scream "customer service" to me.

I know BB isn't known for their customer service, but it can't hurt to be courteous once in a while.

If you really wanted that t.v. than you would have bought it elsewhere. BB is just not worth going to shop anymore. They just don't want your or my money anymore, and it's simple as that. This is just BB being BB at their best.

I have bought tons of items from them, both cheap and not cheap, and this is just how they act. They are horrible. This one time, I find these placeholders with little yellow signs labeling which guides are being pennied-out. So I bring up some to front of the store, and long story short, they refuse to sell them to me even though they had signs saying they were that price, and that it was ringing up at that price no matter what they did. So after lots of arguing and making a scene with the manager, mind you that they gave me a lot of BS and I had had it up to here with them, that they finally just let me take some. It's false advertising if they have sign in the store that say the price of certains items. In short, get used to BB being like this because they aren't going to change anytime soon until they run themselves out of business.

I kept my cool there. Like I said before just more confusing.
On here I have trouble because ALL of the threads I've read the past 2 days there are always assholes just being assholes for no reason.
Sorry I'm not the type to sit back and let people mock me. And yes internet arguements are interesting. I posted this thread to just get some feedback. Those of you that have explained something or been positive I thank you. Those of you that haven't.....well.
Amazing how some of you judge because I defend myself.

You should have asked if their extended warrenty would cover open items. Then they would have sold it to you, then you could have declined to get teh warrenty.

Yeah I don't get the Gamertag thing either, LOL. I think the way people have acted towards me on here explains why I don't give it out.

[quote name='mmercer131']Explain it to me genius. Don't you have anything better to do than jump all over people and make fun of them for no reason? I'm home on a Saturday night because I have a wife and kid, whats your shaq-fuing excuse, is this what you do for fun??[/quote]

See, that was a flame. If you talk/type to the store clerk in any sort of fashion as you just did me, especially when I did nothing wrong, I can easily see why you got stared at and ignored. My laugh was in good hearted fun, yet you take it personally and think i'm personally attacking you. Why is everyone here so fucking paranoid? What does my having to be here on a Saturday night have ANYTHING to do with Rez, Best Buy, or TVs? Why did you flaunt the fact that you have a wife and a kid? What kind of response should I give?

One better - I won't reply anymore.

Well they were in response to my thinking you were laughing at me in a "mocking" fashion. I see you do this in a lot of posts. You make a comment, someone comes back on you, and then you're like all high and mighty. Your'e right it had nothing to do with "Rez, Best Buy, or Tvs", it had to do with why you act that way with people. I questioned that maybe it had somethign to do with you having nothing better to do on a Saturday night than mock and laugh at people on the internet. Just because your'e MUCH more established on here doesn't make you better than any one.
Now see your next post will be something like I (mmercer131) don't know what I'm talking about, yatta, yatta, yatta (or is it yadda, yadda, yadda?) If you were going to laugh IN ANY FASHION you shouldn't have posted at all. Good riddance.

[quote name='bignick']You should have asked if their extended warrenty would cover open items. Then they would have sold it to you, then you could have declined to get teh warrenty.[/quote]

That is sooooo true.

Eh, to stop this war... Best Buy does dumb shit. I've given up on them all together. I went to a Christmas sale to get a HDD that was on super sale and the dipsticks had it on the top shelf and wouldn't have anyone retrieve them so customers (or "guests" as Target refers to them) were literally climbing on the shelves and tossing them down to other customers. They also never help you in the computer area unless you fit the stereotype of "I'm a dumbshit who will be convinced to buy whatever piece of crap you recommend to me at an exorbadant price, and oh sell me one of those warrenties too" Of course this is how they train their staff and if they are caught doing otherwsie they will be repremanded. Best Buy is an evil place and I will not set foot in there.

one more.

[quote name='mmercer131']Well they were in response to my thinking you were laughing at me in a "mocking" fashion. I see you do this in a lot of posts. You make a comment, someone comes back on you, and then you're like all high and mighty. Your'e right it had nothing to do with "Rez, Best Buy, or Tvs", it had to do with why you act that way with people. I questioned that maybe it had somethign to do with you having nothing better to do on a Saturday night than mock and laugh at people on the internet. Just because your'e MUCH more established on here doesn't make you better than any one.
Now see your next post will be something like I (mmercer131) don't know what I'm talking about, yatta, yatta, yatta (or is it yadda, yadda, yadda?) If you were going to laugh IN ANY FASHION you shouldn't have posted at all. Good riddance.[/quote]

I guess that shows how little you know about me. I don't think of myself as high and mighty in any sort of sense of the word. I think of myself as pretty low, and everyone else around me is high and mighty. It's really sad that you cannot come away from this, look back, and laugh. It's really sad that this whole board cannot take a joke. Now i'm thinking like JimmieMac. The guy makes a joke and everyone gets their panties in a twist. I laugh because you're looking for Rez (and by the way, we could've avoided this whole 'argument' if you would've said that your best buy previously had some), you take it as a personal attack, go on a tyrade, and even use your wife and kid as an argument to make yourself look better than me. Whatever. I won't be a problem anymore.

But yes, Best Buy does do dumb shit. You should contact corporate, especially if they won't sell a display model when an item has been discontinued. The only reason I can think of why they wouldn't do that is because they'd have a big empty space on the shelf and wouldn't have anything to take its place. If that's the case, they should've put you on a list.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Eh, to stop this war... Best Buy does dumb shit. I've given up on them all together. I went to a Christmas sale to get a HDD that was on super sale and the dipsticks had it on the top shelf and wouldn't have anyone retrieve them so customers (or "guests" as Target refers to them) were literally climbing on the shelves and tossing them down to other customers. They also never help you in the computer area unless you fit the stereotype of "I'm a dumbshit who will be convinced to buy whatever piece of crap you recommend to me at an exorbadant price, and oh sell me one of those warrenties too" Of course this is how they train their staff and if they are caught doing otherwsie they will be repremanded. Best Buy is an evil place and I will not set foot in there.[/quote]

Very true. I remember many times when I asked for assistance to reach something from a higher shelf and they basically brushed me off. It's really sad how they treat their customers and expect for them to come back. Now they have that stupid Geek Squad for computers. I'm starting to hate that store more and more every day.

[quote name='Scorch']one more.

[quote name='mmercer131']Well they were in response to my thinking you were laughing at me in a "mocking" fashion. I see you do this in a lot of posts. You make a comment, someone comes back on you, and then you're like all high and mighty. Your'e right it had nothing to do with "Rez, Best Buy, or Tvs", it had to do with why you act that way with people. I questioned that maybe it had somethign to do with you having nothing better to do on a Saturday night than mock and laugh at people on the internet. Just because your'e MUCH more established on here doesn't make you better than any one.
Now see your next post will be something like I (mmercer131) don't know what I'm talking about, yatta, yatta, yatta (or is it yadda, yadda, yadda?) If you were going to laugh IN ANY FASHION you shouldn't have posted at all. Good riddance.[/quote]

I guess that shows how little you know about me. I don't think of myself as high and mighty in any sort of sense of the word. I think of myself as pretty low, and everyone else around me is high and mighty. It's really sad that you cannot come away from this, look back, and laugh. It's really sad that this whole board cannot take a joke. Now i'm thinking like JimmieMac. The guy makes a joke and everyone gets their panties in a twist. I laugh because you're looking for Rez (and by the way, we could've avoided this whole 'argument' if you would've said that your best buy previously had some), you take it as a personal attack, go on a tyrade, and even use your wife and kid as an argument to make yourself look better than me. Whatever. I won't be a problem anymore.

But yes, Best Buy does do dumb shit. You should contact corporate, especially if they won't sell a display model when an item has been discontinued. The only reason I can think of why they wouldn't do that is because they'd have a big empty space on the shelf and wouldn't have anything to take its place. If that's the case, they should've put you on a list.[/quote]

I knew you couldn't stay away.

Thought you weren't going to post anymore. Actually I am finding this pretty funny. I'm arguing using a keyboard, how fucking stupid? My "tyrade" was not just aimed at you. You know exactly what I meant about the Saturday night thing and my wife and kids so don't play that shit. No one is trying to look better than anyone. I felt as if you put me down for posting a thread. You can't tell me it wouldn't piss you off if you posted something and all you got was assholes laughing and mocking you?? If you didn't you wouldn't be human.

Your'e right though. I should have mentioned they had them about a month ago. Then again some of you still would have had something "witty" to say.

Maybe if you would have put your little laughing icon with a short explanation I would have taken it differently. Otherwise I take it as mocking people.

Here's a little scale. Someone who owns a retail establishment will be super coridal, since it's his or her money. Someone who works mostly or purely on comission will be cordial, since it's his or her money. An hourly-wage clerk like a bestbuy salesman? Guess how cordial they'll be on Saturdays when the store is real busy, they're working on a Saturday with really nice weather, and they're making 50 cents over minimum wage an hour. I don't blame them for being shaq-fuing lethargic at their posts.

[quote name='mbstuff']Here's a little scale. Someone who owns a retail establishment will be super coridal, since it's his or her money. Someone who works mostly or purely on comission will be cordial, since it's his or her money. An hourly-wage clerk like a bestbuy salesman? Guess how cordial they'll be on Saturdays when the store is real busy, they're working on a Saturday with really nice weather, and they're making 50 cents over minimum wage an hour. I don't blame them for being shaq-fuing lethargic at their posts.[/quote]
yeah well I blame em. They're getting paid, suck it up and deal with it. Work ethic! Ever heard of it? Please I worked minimum wage watching 40 kids at a afterschool daycare. I expect some service when I walk into a Best Buy (not that I will again, unless the mother of all ads so possesses me to) and not to be seen as a 12 year old... (Note: I'm 21... but look 12ish).
And the managers are just as bad and I know they aren't getting paid minimum wage. Best Buy has the stupid corprate idea of money makers and demon customers... it's ethically wrong.

I'm not justifying Bestbuy, I'm just saying retail workers deserve a break. Too often, we as customers walk into places and feel entitled to service, and that feeling gets in the way of proper human interaction between the customer and the employee. I will bet anyone good money that there are more a-hole customers than there are employees. I'm less sure on the percentage of a-hole in the respective populations of customers and employees. Put me down for a dollar on that one.

I would rather have pleasant encounters with salespeople, with plenty of thank yous and take cares, than to make out on a great deal and have my blood pressure raised by exchanges like the ones the OP had. I expect zero from retail employees in terms of helpfulness. I do all my product and price research beforehand. 99 out of 100 times I know more about what they're selling and at what price than they do. All I expect from them is a bit of courtesy, which I usually do get and appreciate. That's all I really need from them. To expect helpfulness from employees with turnover rates like that of Bestbuy on top of courtesy would be an unrealistic dream.

[quote name='mbstuff']I'm not justifying Bestbuy, I'm just saying retail workers deserve a break. Too often, we as customers walk into places and feel entitled to service, and that feeling gets in the way of proper human interaction between the customer and the employee. I will bet anyone good money that there are more a-hole customers than there are employees. I'm less sure on the percentage of a-hole in the respective populations of customers and employees. Put me down for a dollar on that one.

I would rather have pleasant encounters with salespeople, with plenty of thank yous and take cares, than to make out on a great deal and have my blood pressure raised by exchanges like the ones the OP had. I expect zero from retail employees in terms of helpfulness. I do all my product and price research beforehand. 99 out of 100 times I know more about what they're selling and at what price than they do. All I expect from them is a bit of courtesy, which I usually do get and appreciate. That's all I really need from them. To expect helpfulness from employees with turnover rates like that of Bestbuy on top of courtesy would be an unrealistic dream.[/quote]
Well I read a funny thing today on a menu "if our service does not meet your strigent standards or "expectations"..." they had expectations in quotation marks... apparently not all people have standards/expectations, but alot do and to fail to meet those is not doing your duty to serve the customer. Most people at one time or another have dealt with a-hole customers or have been one. I for a fact have dealt with a-holes as a cashier at a grocery store, but you know what I still did what ever I did to help those a-holes, cause it was my job. I don't care if you have no expectations but I at least expect some service and like the OP said he was going to drop 1000+ at the store, he deserved service. I'm not an a-hole customer cause I avoid confrontation and if I don't like something I leave, simple as that. But I'll still complain and vent about it cause it's not right. Best Buy is a shitty company IMO.
I'm sure some CAGs have too high of expectations but what I'm talking about in my situations is that I've been blatantly ignored or brushed off due to the stereotypes they inflict on their employees. I just want a little help getting something off a shelf or a pricecheck or even a raincheck. Is it such a high expectation for me to have?

I think the idea of Bestbuy and the devil customer has made some people exaggerate Bestbuy's evil. It's no more evil than any other business in a capitalist society. You take out the phrase "devil customer" and that article made complete business and common sense. Sure corporate bestbuy down until store manager level care most ultimately about sales volume and profits, but I doubt the kid pushing the videgames around in a cart to stock them really thinks of me as a devil customer.

Your expectations are a problem in the sense that you expect the same service you seemingly provide/have provided. Stores hire and schedule staff based on average traffic and on some analysis of how much customer support they want to provide. There just isn't enough staff to handle Saturday afternoon store traffic in many of these stores. How realistic is it to expect a worker to do that price check when they're busy re-stocking items? You get what you pay for. That worker gets evaluated on how fast he re-stocks items, not on how much time he spends helping a customer.

If you go to Circuit City, a store with generally higher prices than Bestbuy, you get great customer service, to the point of getting creeped out by their smiles. I notice a lot more employees milling about in Circuit Cities than in Bestbuys, looking at you, waiting to pounce if you so much as crease a wrinkle on your forehead looking for somethign. If you're willing to pay the higher prices, shop at Circuit City. I find that the shopping experience is much more pleasant there, and I'm willing to pay a little extra for that.

What I won't do is attribute customer service problems to lack of work ethic or personality problems. I'll attribute it to bad company policy if I have to, or more likely, bad timing. Customer is always right is a policy that is in the end designed to make more money. It is also a policy that is, in my opinion, dehumanizing. I'm 27 years old. I feel sad for both myself and the other person when a 40 year old woman/man calls me sir because I'm their customer, or when a doorman opens my door, or when a waitress puts up with an obnoxious friend. I do want a Bestbuy worker to pull down a box that I can't reach, and I've never had one not help me out in something like that. But to expect a worker to call a manager because his customer refuses to believe what he is saying and wants his supervisor? I don't expect the worker to cooperate.

I find at my local BB when things start to go bad the best way to go is hunt down someone in charge be it the department manager or store manage then promptly begin becoming steadily more angry. When I was buying a LCD monitor for my mom's birthday gift the guy in computers ignored me because of my dress style I assume to help a 40 something couple. I was ok with that but when he tried to sell them the last monitor of the model I wanted it was over. I stumbled upon the store manager walking the store with a Corporate Rep. and asked if it was store policy to help people who come 20 minutes after other customers because they look like they have more money to spend. I explained that I had $500 in cash to buy the item despite my green hair, I also explained that the other customer was now buying the item I had asked for already. In quite possibly the most awesome BB moment I have ever seen the manager removed the monitor from the other customers cart messing up there order and leaving them to by a CRT monitor instead. To add icing to the whole thing the guy who skipped me was called to a meeting with the corporate rep. as I was leaving.

mbstuff, if I could make that lil' smiley that bows, I would be doing that at you now. I am a cashier, and it really does boil down to timing 9 out of 10 times. I've had to work very hard to keep from blowing up at certain customers- not becuase they did anything wrong, but becuase I have another job to go do, and can't beucase they came 6 seconds after the last person left so I barely moved away from the register. And becuase they are customer #27 to do and I ahven't finished this other 20-min tasks in 2 hours becuase of it. It's also annoying to have to pull something down from a shelf for a customer, becuase that means that 1) I have to find someone availble to do so, 2) wait for them to find a ladder, and 3) wait for them to answer the questions for the 3-5 people who stop them while they move the ladder into place. It's time-consuming. It sucks. And I don't get paid enough to keep up the super-service when that happens.

How-ev-er!

These BB guys still messed up- especially the manager. I can't blame the floor guy relaying the messages, he's got no power over it. And while the door guy is a dumb@$$ for offering to check into it without explaining he, uh, CANT till break or something, I can't blame him too much- it might be a policy thing (example: my store's debit machine is messed up, and processes many order as credit for reasons we can't figure out. Now, for a good few months, I was told that if a customer asked, I was NOT to tell them the card processed as credit- despite that being exactly what happened. Weird stuff, people.)

But that manager- he seriously should have got off his @$$ for 2 minutes to come out and told you himself "I can't sell this." I reccomend sending an angry letter to BB corporate explaing what happened. We've had our store policy forcibly altered this way before, so it do work, at least sometimes.

This may sound a little too obvious but why are you asking the loss prevention guy at the front of the store to see a manager? He's got 20 things to do at once. Go ask the customer service people to see a manager. In fact, they have an entire desk and specific area made for CUSTOMER SERVICE. That's usually where the manager is anyway when they're not roaming around the floor trying to look important.

I've never gotten a straight answer from a manager, but I've never had a problem getting one in any of the Best Buys I've been in.

BB=Suck

It's that simple.

As for the mini-flame war going on. Welcome to the unwelcome CAG where flaming is becoming more important than discussion.

Personally I see nothing wrong in what you did in your story. But my opinion is that any store screwing me like that doesn't get another chance with me. You shouldn't have wrote your sob story here at CAG. You should have called a district manager or better yet make a great letter and mail, email AND fax it to any BB executive you can. BB is a publicly traded company which means it has a board of directors and share holders whom they must answer to when they lose good customers like you.

Moaning about it at CAG will just get you flamed. As this thread has proven. Sad too since it was BB that screwed over CheapyD in their affiliate program. This site gets NOTHING from all the CAGers who get things at BB. I am still on a BB boycott over it. Others seem to have easily forgotten.

Oh well...it's the way the wind blows. And it really blows.

bread's done
Back