Microsoft offers 400 MSP free w purchase of 1600 MSP on select titles

spectreon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Just saw it on the dash after midnight. 400 points free when you spend 1600 points on FEATURED Microsoft Game Studios content. Be warned you MUST download a gamer pic to be eligible! Here's the skinny

1) you must download a gamer pic (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...3-af569e42176c)
2) Purchase content before 11/22/2010 at 11:59 EST

Eligible titles include

ARCADE

'Splosion Man (800)
Perfect Dark (800)
South Park LGTDP (800)
Uno Rush (800)
Snoopy Flying Ace (800)
Defense Grid (800)
Magic the Gathering (800)
Banjo-Kazooie (1200)
Banjo- Tooie (1200)
Ikaruga (800)
Fable 2 Pub Games (800)
Braid (800)
A Kingdom for Keflings (800)
Rez HD (800)
The Maw (800)
Scrap Metal (1200)
Alien Breed Ep 1 (800)
Alien Breed Ep 2 (800)
The Dishwasher (800)
Duke Nukem 3D (800)
N+ (800)

GAME ADD-ONS

Forza 3 (11 various for 400 each, VIP 800)
Mass Effect (Bring Down the Sky 80, Pinnacle 400)
Fable 2 (See the Future 560, Knothole Island 800)
Halo 3 (Mythic 2 800, Mythic 1 400, Legendary 160)
Halo Wars (2 for 800 each)
Gears of War 2 (multiple, but really only worth mentioning All Fronts Collection 800)
Alan Wake (2 for 560 each)
Lips (Hundreds of songs and track packs ranging from 160-440)
Crackdown (Play more Crackdown! 240, Getting Busy 400)
Crackdown 2 (Deluge and Toy Box 560 each)
Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts (L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges 400)
Scene It? BOS! (Award Winners 560)

AVATAR ITEMS (Multiple items ranging from 80-400)
Halo 3
Halo ODST
Halo Reach
Gears 2
Gears 3
Crackdown 2
Fable 2
Fable 3
Perfect Dark
Toy Soldiers

Granted I realize there isnt a lot to pick from there... most of this I own, but any one interested its still 400 free points for stuff you might buy anyways...

Sadly I notice that this deal will likely end before the free 800 points from last months (better) promotion will be recieved, but here's hoping

Last edited by a moderator:
The selection is pretty good, but like most, I already bought what I wanted already. I'll probably dig through the list anyway to see if there's anything I missed out on.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='miqspot']Totally in for Fable 2 Pub Games![/QUOTE]
If I didnt get it for free way back when....

There are some decent deals here... seriously considering Banjo Kazooie N&B DLC and or Crackdown DLC (400msp each) and either Banjo Tooie (1200) or Alien Breed Ep2 (800) XBLA

Sux tho... outta 21 XBLA games offered I own all but 3 (dont own Scrap Metal either)

Question. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Multiplayer disc from Halo ODST has all the Halo 3 map packs except Mythic 2, right?

Probably passing on this deal. I could spend 1600 points (Banjo Kazooie and N+ maybe), but it doesn't seem worth it. Most the others that I want I already have.

[quote name='spectreon']
Question. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Multiplayer disc from Halo ODST has all the Halo 3 map packs except Mythic 2, right?[/QUOTE]

The disc has all of the maps. As for mythic 2, the disc actually had those maps exclusive for a few months until it finally was released on the marketplace.

thanks but not much here I'm interested. If it was RDR or ME2 DLC I probably would've gotten it, but I haven't heard much of anything about ME1 DLC (Good bad?) but again, thanks for posting!

I'm actually fairly interested in this deal. My only question for XBOX Support will be whether or not the DLC Add-On's for the XBOX Live Arcade games on sale qualify for the promotion also. I doubt that the Magic the Gathering Duels of the Planewalkers DLC or the Snoopy Flying Ace DLC would ever see individual Deals of the Week, and this would be a great way to get what is essentially a 25% discount.

[quote name='nnthomas']http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...os-Offer/fd436376-b742-4bf9-8cc3-af569e42176c[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

PS Someone needs to edit this link into the OP.

I could probably take a stab at this deal but I've been hemorrhaging MS points left and right and am pretty much out of my cheap ones right now and I still have Shank to buy this week. (No one seems to have a good deal either.)

Does anyone know if the Add Ons for Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers count?

[quote name='daminion']Kingdom for Keflings is my secret obsession. Can't wait for the new version.[/QUOTE]

There will be a new keflings game?

Sweet too bad I all those arcade games except Scrap Metal and both Alien Breeds. Neither I want. I own over half those games in the add ons but have the DLC for them also.

[quote name='typical guy']There will be a new keflings game?[/QUOTE]Yes, World of Keflings. There isnt a release date yet though.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/106/1064967p1.html

[quote name='mokmoof']Anyone have an opinion as to which is better: 'Splosion Man or The Maw?[/QUOTE]I though they're both very good games. I did enjoy Splosion Man a little more the The Maw. SM gets pretty difficult in the later levels, where as The Maw holds your hand through the whole game. Like I said, they're both very good games, I just liked SM better.

[quote name='mokmoof']Anyone have an opinion as to which is better: 'Splosion Man or The Maw?[/QUOTE]
splosion man, but only because the maw was terrible.

i know this isn't part of the deal, but super meat boy's price of 800msp will jump to 1200, and i highly recommend it over anything listed. think of it as saving 400msp right there.

Does the Mass Effect 2 DLC work with this? Looking to pick up the major add ons like Kasumi, Shadow Broker, etc...

Total is about 1900 MS points.

[quote name='Newl']splosion man, but only because the maw was terrible.

i know this isn't part of the deal, but super meat boy's price of 800msp will jump to 1200, and i highly recommend it over anything listed. think of it as saving 400msp right there.[/QUOTE]
Hm. Alright. Too bad I can't just buy Limbo or something. Thanks for the input.

i wonder if last month offer require me to download gamerpic or theme
if so, i wont get my 800 ms pts.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Does the Mass Effect 2 DLC work with this? Looking to pick up the major add ons like Kasumi, Shadow Broker, etc...

Total is about 1900 MS points.[/QUOTE]

This deal seems to apply to only microsoft game studio games. Which Mass Effect 1 was, and ME2 was not.

[quote name='aznguyen316']thanks but not much here I'm interested. If it was RDR or ME2 DLC I probably would've gotten it, but I haven't heard much of anything about ME1 DLC (Good bad?) but again, thanks for posting![/QUOTE]

Bring Down The Sky is decent enough (though I think came with the plat hits version for free?). Pinnacle Station is pretty terrible, though.

I got this from XBOX Support on Twitter:

@ XboxSupport In the new Microsoft Game Studios 400 Point Promotion, are the Add-On's for the XBOX Live Arcade games shown eligible also?

@radicaldreamer3 Nope, just the games. :]^BA

So let's say I bought 'Splosion man, and Perfect Dark a few months before this promotion, Do I just download the gamer picture to be eligible or am I out of luck?

I am a Banjo fan and got Tooie when it went on sale months ago... been waiting for the first game to go on sale but it hasn't. This is a good enough reason to pick up Banjo-Kazooie and the Nuts & Bolts DLC to get 400 msp back... pretty much buying the first game and getting the N&B DLC free.

[quote name='Cysquatch']So let's say I bought 'Splosion man, and Perfect Dark a few months before this promotion, Do I just download the gamer picture to be eligible or am I out of luck?[/QUOTE]

"Spend 1600 Microsoft® Points on the featured Microsoft Game Studioss content (qualifying list below) between November 16, 2010 12:01am EST – November 22, 2010 11:59 pm EST, and receive 400 Microsoft Points."

[quote name='Danil ACE']"Spend 1600 Microsoft® Points on the featured Microsoft Game Studioss content (qualifying list below) between November 16, 2010 12:01am EST – November 22, 2010 11:59 pm EST, and receive 400 Microsoft Points."[/QUOTE]

Didn't notice that, my bad...

There's always the possibility that re-downloading the games during the period would qualify as "buying" them, but it's rather slim. I'll try it just in case.

[quote name='JordanPlayer']I am a Banjo fan and got Tooie when it went on sale months ago... been waiting for the first game to go on sale but it hasn't. This is a good enough reason to pick up Banjo-Kazooie and the Nuts & Bolts DLC to get 400 msp back... pretty much buying the first game and getting the N&B DLC free.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking of doing. There is an off chance that Banjo Kazooie will go on sale sometime in the future, but considering that they put the sequel on sale (which I got on that same Deal of the Week sale) but never the original game, the chances of this happening seem less and less. I think that maybe they never put the original Banjo Kazooie on sale because of the promotion where they gave away free codes of it with preorders of Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts?

This seems the best way to spend the Microsoft Points for the promotion since Microsoft Xbox Support already ruled out the DLC Add-On's for the XBOX Live Arcade games in the sale. I was going to pick up the DLC expansion packs for Magic the Gathering and Snoopy Flying Ace if they allowed it.

I saw this last night, too. Even with Crackdown 1/Alan Wake DLC, I come up about 80 points short I think. I'll have to see if I really need anything off there.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I saw this last night, too. Even with Crackdown 1/Alan Wake DLC, I come up about 80 points short I think. I'll have to see if I really need anything off there.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect's Bring Down the sky is 80. Some avatar items are eligible too

Surprisingly the ME II DLC isn't part of the promotion; only Mass Effect. Regardless I'm sure I can find enough (Splosion Man for sure) to meet the 1600 point requirement.

A bunch of these strike me as games likely to go on sale for more then 200 points off. The 1200 point ones at least. Snoopy was only 400 points just recently so I hope no one is left having to accept 200 off instead. Which of these are standard 800 point titles?

[quote name='JStryke']Probably passing on this deal. I could spend 1600 points (Banjo Kazooie and N+ maybe), but it doesn't seem worth it. Most the others that I want I already have.

The disc has all of the maps. As for mythic 2, the disc actually had those maps exclusive for a few months until it finally was released on the marketplace.[/QUOTE]

thanks, Havent messed with ODST disc much, but didnt want to needlessly throw my points away

[quote name='Newl']splosion man, but only because the maw was terrible.[/quote]

Hey now, those are fighting words...

[quote name='Newl']
i know this isn't part of the deal, but super meat boy's price of 800msp will jump to 1200, and i highly recommend it over anything listed. think of it as saving 400msp right there.[/QUOTE]

Well, nevermind. Looks like we can be friends after all.

I personally recommend both!

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Thanks.

PS Someone needs to edit this link into the OP.

I could probably take a stab at this deal but I've been hemorrhaging MS points left and right and am pretty much out of my cheap ones right now and I still have Shank to buy this week. (No one seems to have a good deal either.)

Does anyone know if the Add Ons for Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers count?[/QUOTE]

Someone did =)

Thanks for clarifying DLC for XBLA games doesnt count... wouldnt have minded MtG DLC, or Snoopy... Still sucks I own most of this content, but I saved way more than $5 on all of it too, I'd say at least $60 and probably more given I got Banjo Kazooie, Pub Games and some of the DLC for free (like Halo 3 Maps on ODST) and almost everything else was bought on sale... still there is enough here I'm interested.... Alan Wake The Writer DLC woulda been great if I didnt just buy it for the 800 free point offer

[quote name='mokmoof']Anyone have an opinion as to which is better: 'Splosion Man or The Maw?[/QUOTE]

They're both great but if I had to choose, I'd go with 'Splosion Man.

I have splosion man, Perfect Dark,South Park, Snoopy, both Banjo's, Fable 2 Pub games, and The Maw.

I plan on picking up Dishwasher for sure, anyone have any recommendations to get me to 1600?

Also, is the Nuts 'n Bolts dlc worth getting? I don't have the game just yet but plan on picking it up soon.

get the N&B DLC. It adds more challenges and fun to the game, so it's worth it.

If you are planning on picking up Alan Wake later this month from GOD, then you could get the DLC for it too.

Hrmm, dunno if I should bite on this, or just wait for the stuff I want to go on sale. Anyone know what the 560 MSP add-ons usually go on sale for? Also, is this the same 4-6 weeks for refund bs Microsoft always does? I looked for fine print stating that but didn't see it anywhere.

Thinking of getting Alan Wake's the Writer, Crackdown 2's Toybox, and the Award Winner's pack for Scene It, but I'm worried about waiting on 3 separate refunds from MS (this one, the 800 October sale, and 100MSP for the newsletter). Arrrghhh

Huh. Somehow overlooked the avatar items first time visiting the thread. Might bite after all. For DLC, I assume it's all the DLC for the selected games, correct? If so, might have to jump on the Alan Wake DLC.

[quote name='lolwut?']Hrmm, dunno if I should bite on this, or just wait for the stuff I want to go on sale. Anyone know what the 560 MSP add-ons usually go on sale for? Also, is this the same 4-6 weeks for refund bs Microsoft always does? I looked for fine print stating that but didn't see it anywhere.

Thinking of getting Alan Wake's the Writer, Crackdown 2's Toybox, and the Award Winner's pack for Scene It, but I'm worried about waiting on 3 separate refunds from MS (this one, the 800 October sale, and 100MSP for the newsletter). Arrrghhh[/QUOTE]

4-6 weeks for this one, and 6-8 weeks for the October one according to support, so both will be there by the Holidays

A bit off topic but how long does it take to get the points back usually? There was another deal last month i believe and i haven't gotten my point back from that yet... My memory is a bit fuzzy on that deal so maybe it'll take a while but i'm just wondering.

I think i'll be getting Braid and that Shadow Broker ME2 DLC, I've been eying both up for a while and a deal is a deal.

Edit: Ugh ME2 isn't offered... that ruins that plan. Maybe i'll get Perfect Dark or some Alan Wake DLC but I don't see too much here at all.

Updated the OP with prices

On a side note sometime in the last hour I noticed I was refunded my 800MSP from last months deal.... SWEET!!!

bread's done
Back