- - - - -

[Dead] Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Limited Edition (PSP) - now $17.13 at Amazon

#1 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

update: The price has now gone up significantly It's currently $34.28.

I'm not sure if it's been cheaper, but Amazon has the LE edition of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony for $18.03. I've had it saved in my cart for a while and the price has been dropping steadily so it could go down further, but I figured I'd post it now in case it started going up.

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Limited Edition

Posted Image

Key Game Features

• Limited Edition Bonus Items - Includes: a soundtrack CD and a set of 13 exclusive "bromide" collector cards highlighting the girls of Lunar.
  • A Classic RPG Brought to a New Generation of Fans - Widely acclaimed as one of the best RPGs of all time, the classic, original Lunar is back to be experienced by a new generation of gamers.
  • Enhanced Graphics and Sound - All of the graphics have been redone to take full advantage of the widescreen format and processing power of the PSP. Newly composed songs added to the remastered original soundtrack ensure the new audio experience is just as impressive as the graphical overhaul.
  • Traditional Play - Classic RPG play that has players leveling and upgrading gear as you progress through a story peppered with cutscenes.
  • Expanded Battle System - First introduced in Lunar Legend, the Arts Gauge System that allows players to unleash devastating attacks or heal party members has been implemented to add another dimension to the battle system.
  • All-New Additional Story Elements - The beloved original story has been expanded and fleshed out with new cut-scenes and story sequences, revealing more about the four heroes and answering some of the questions left unresolved in the original.

Edited by ssjmichael, 01 December 2010 - 05:30 AM.

#2 VendettaXBL   Hunter Master Race CAGiversary!   7502 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

VendettaXBL

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:13 PM

Good price for this. I paid MSRP day 1 and don't regret it. The changes to the sprites are amazing. The only knock I have on this game is the lack of the original voice actors (most notably Ghaleon). :bomb:

Actually I have one more negative and that is the load times but I was able to overlook it since I love Lunar so much :D

#3 MaelstromB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

MaelstromB

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:24 PM

Purchased this for about the same price you listed, OP, back about 2-3 months ago when Amazon discounted it for a day or so. Great price for an awesome classic game + some extras! :)

#4 sayu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   629 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:39 PM

Slow load times, point and click style world map, butchered battle system, and smaller dungeons and towns. Plus, the outer cardboard box was slightly crushed on arrival. I purchased this for $26 a month or so after it came out and I still felt ripped off. If you're a fan of the originals, beware.

#5 fatbeer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2116 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:19 PM

I didn't experience any loading problems playing this game with the PSP 2000. This game wasn't as bad as die hard lunar fans claim. People are just hating it for nostalgia factor or people just love to complain. I thought the game was solid, but I don't think it was outstanding or great. Perhaps it was the time test of time or the increase saturation JRPG market with the typical cliche story lines or some people didn't like XSeed localization over Working Design. My biggest compliant is they didn't rescale the cut scenes to psp format. The cut scenes still remain as it's native 640x480 standard definition. I also find it strange that every time you interact with person/object(even save statue) you will see a black bars appear the left or right side of the screen. Very annoying since RPG are generally text heavy, so expect to see a lot of black bars.

#6 bruceg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1538 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:50 AM

waiting for $20, but wonder whether the LE will drop much lower than that...

#7 stevew2607   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

stevew2607

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:06 PM

I have been keeping my eye on this game for a while now. I am definitely picking this up. I really liked the demo and this is just another great game in PSP RPG library.

#8 2DMention   Cyberpunk CAGiversary!   3842 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

If you have the PS1 version, you can skip this. No real compelling reason to buy this again.

#9 battra92   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   231 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

battra92

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

If you have the PS1 version, you can skip this. No real compelling reason to buy this again.

If it was a straight port of the original with all the original songs and voice actors it would be well worth buying again.

Sadly Working Designs is no more. At least I have the original to play though again sometime.

#10 Grinchy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:06 PM

So would this be good for someone who didn't play Lunar as a kid? Like, since I have no nostalgia for it whatsoever, the changes can't ruin anything for me. I just wonder if it's too simple to enjoy for a first time player.

#11 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5139 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

So would this be good for someone who didn't play Lunar as a kid? Like, since I have no nostalgia for it whatsoever, the changes can't ruin anything for me. I just wonder if it's too simple to enjoy for a first time player.

Absolutely, the game's story is as wonderful as it ever was, even if the gameplay is a bit simple by today's RPG standards. I'm probably one of the biggest Lunar fans ever, and regardless of the changes, I still loved this version of the game. And for the record, the voice acting is far better now than it was in the past, with the exception of Ghaleon (and it's not that the new Ghaleon is bad, he's just different). Anybody who thinks otherwise needs to take off their nostalgia goggles - the original voicework was done by complete amateurs.

#12 anbu-black-ops   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

anbu-black-ops

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

Iirc I read that xseed said that this was the best version so far. Alot was updated, even the jokes and all. I just wish they updated the cutscenes though. It's a must buy imo.

And the gameplay is alot better too. You can do special attacks similar to limit breaks and some other minor tweaks. I'm glad they did the remake and not just an enhance port.

#13 Serpentor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5163 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

Didn't we have this deal before? Can somebody confirm? Was it cheaper in the previous deal? I think it was $20.99 or something, no?

#14 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

Didn't we have this deal before? Can somebody confirm? Was it cheaper in the previous deal? I think it was $20.99 or something, no?

It was $22 in September

camelcamelcamel.com is your friend

#15 Serpentor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5163 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:38 PM

It was $22 in September

camelcamelcamel.com is your friend

Thanks! And thanks for the camelcamelcamel.com site (I didn't know such site exist :lol:)

So, I got a better deal than this, sweet :)

#16 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

It's down to 22.87 now :)

#17 chibamm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:04 AM

In for one. Thanks for the heads up OP. I purchased the new Summer Camp-Young EP along with it for the FSSS. If you like 80's type music definitely check out the band, you might like them.

#18 SenorWooSuavA   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

SenorWooSuavA

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:17 AM

I got mine today and it's the Premium Edition and not the Limited Edition. Just to confirm, there is a pretty significant difference right?

#19 Nutts   Long time CAG CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:24 AM

Can anyone tell me how different this is from the original PS1 version? I have the PS1 versions but never played them. I think I'm more likely to play the PSP version but I don't know if I need to buy it again if nothing significant has changed.

#20 Antic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1809 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:00 AM

Can anyone tell me how different this is from the original PS1 version? I have the PS1 versions but never played them. I think I'm more likely to play the PSP version but I don't know if I need to buy it again if nothing significant has changed.

I'm in the exact same position.

#21 rainking187   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

rainking187

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:10 AM

I got mine today and it's the Premium Edition and not the Limited Edition. Just to confirm, there is a pretty significant difference right?

There's only two versions of the game, the normal game only version, and the premium version with the CD and bromide cards. Amazon just lists the premium edition as the limited edition for some reason.

#22 anbu-black-ops   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

anbu-black-ops

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:16 AM

It's a complete remake. From Graphics to battle tweaks to dialogues in the game. I say pick it up. I also got the ps1 version. The only thing that's unchange is the anime cutscenes iirc.

It's a classic so it's worth picking up. I recommend getting it.

#23 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:34 AM

It's now down to $22.11

#24 Very Unclever   Pine cone liquor, for chuggin' CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Very Unclever

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:51 AM

I've been going back and forth on whether to get this game for months. I'm sure I'd enjoy it, but at the same time I have the sense to realize it will just be sitting at the bottom of an increasingly large PSP backlog.

Any chance of this getting rare at some point?

#25 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10288 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:26 AM

I paid $21.99 for this a few months ago from Amazon.

#26 Black Swordsman   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   15 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Black Swordsman

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:46 AM

I went ahead and ordered. I still have Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete for PlayStation, so I may never even open this; I basically just want it for my collection, but who knows. Thanks.

#27 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:00 AM

this is now down to $21.75

#28 Drkirby   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   614 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:10 AM

Aw, I could of saved $1.90!

#29 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3285 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:16 AM

Aw, I could of saved $1.90!

Could've got 19 copies of AoE III with that kind of dough.

#30 bg2001   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   672 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:59 AM

How many times can they rerelease this game. It was only an OK rpg to begin with.