(DEAD) MadMen Seasons 1-3 $9.99/$7.99 Black Friday Amazon.com Lightning Deal

sangredekrazy

CAGiversary!
From Amazon.com Movies & TV on Facebook:

Tell
your friends: If we get 50,000 people to "like" us on Facebook by
Thanksgiving, we’ll run a four-hour Lightning Deal on Black Friday for
"Mad Men" seasons 1-3 at $7.99 each on DVD and at $9.99 each on Blu-ray.
When you follow us on Facebook, you’ll be the first to know about our
...best Movies & TV deals and special offers.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amazoncom-Movies-TV/243253990754

I'd love to see this as I just need to get season 3 on Blu-Ray and 9.99 would be a most excellent price!

Please click on the link and "Like" them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that even if they don't hit 50,000 they will run some sort of deal on them, but not as quite as good as 9.99 a season!

Liked.

You guys better spam the shit out of this link. One of the few times I want to see something go up on Fatwallet and SlickDeals... :D

I'm not on fatwallet so if someone wants to check and see if it's posted there that would be awesome. I'll take a look on SlickDeals.

Already own all three, but will like for others.

If you haven't seen this show you owe it to yourself to watch it; I don't buy many shows on disc, but Mad Men is definitely an exception, and this price is almost as low as a rental!

I've only seen the first season but would love to see the other two for only $9.99 on blu-ray!!!!

If this succeeds, I will get season 3 on blu, as well as upgrade my copies of the first two season from DVD to blu :3

I liked them a few weeks ago, and right now they only have 1500 likes. I also doubt they will see an increase of 49,000 likes in two weeks.

[quote name='Ravenous']I dont have facebook but damn I would jump on these sets for $8 each.[/QUOTE]

you should sign up just for this!

I like Mad Men, nowhere near in the league of Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos, Dexter, etc. But still for $10 a season on blu you can't go wrong.

No doubt they will have a deal on Mad Men, particularly on blu, on BF. 2 years ago Season 1 on blu was $11.99 to 12.99, can't remember which, and last year 1 season 1 and 2 were around that price. I have absolute faith in amazon to continue the trend.

I own season 1 in HD on iTunes but I would much better have it on Blu-Ray. Hope we get this and maybe a Breaking Bad sale as well.

I havn't seen this show either but if it goes to $10 for each season on blu-ray I'm in. I will definitely do this tonight.

This is just a fluke like the VVVVVV charity thing was. "Hey, lets state something to get a bunch people interested and we'll give them some sort of deal?" "Oh whats that, it's Thanksgiving? Well, we have 49,889 people that like us, looks like we didn't quite make it. Sorry folks!"

Its rare to see $10 season sets that aren't 90's sitcoms on the shelf at Target. However, I know its possible b/c that's how I got like 6 seasons of Smallville last year from Best Buy. I just figure this show is to 'new' and 'hip' to be discounted so heavily. Especially for BD!!

I'd guess if they're close enough, they'll do some other deal that may not be as good as $10 each, though we'll see what happens.

I haven't been on my Facebook since I created it (I don't have a picture or a profile) but I signed into my account just for this. I haven't seen the show, but I will glady pick it up on blu-ray for $9.99 a season.

Nearly 2,500 Likes. This is not going to happen. Amazon would have to put this front and center on their main page to get that many in a week, but they've been whoring out the Kindle their for years now.

Yeah it doesn't look like this is going to happen. Man that sucks. Word of mouth needs to spread faster. I wonder if this is up on slickdeals and many other websites?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']All this thing needs to do is blow up somehow.[/QUOTE]

just like g-man graves

I've never seen 1 single episode, but for $30, I'd definitely buy all three. Then I know I'd be hooked and buy the rest of the seasons on blu ray as they are released.

Come on Amazon, it's a win, win situation.

[quote name='bizman316']Yeah it doesn't look like this is going to happen. Man that sucks. Word of mouth needs to spread faster. I wonder if this is up on slickdeals and many other websites?[/QUOTE]

I posted it on SlickDeals but I'm not a regular visitor to the site so I'm not sure how it's gonna do there.

I checked it an only 2 other people have posted on it. Also not quite sure I posted it in the correct section.

Here's the link: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=984072&t=2386731

This would be a phenomenal deal if it happens, which I think it will. I doubt Amazon will pass up selling these seasons since they obviously already plan to anyhow. I think this whole "50,000" thing is just a way to get people talking. How's the PQ on the BD versions versus the DVDs? Not that I would pass up a $9.99 BD TV set but still just wondering...

[quote name='metallicoholic']This would be a phenomenal deal if it happens, which I think it will. I doubt Amazon will pass up selling these seasons since they obviously already plan to anyhow. I think this whole "50,000" thing is just a way to get people talking. How's the PQ on the BD versions versus the DVDs? Not that I would pass up a $9.99 BD TV set but still just wondering...[/QUOTE]

The PQ on blu-ray is fantastic. Much better than the DVDs.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']All this thing needs to do is blow up somehow.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if a bunch of us post this deal on the forums of Attack of the Show, we can get them to mention it on The Feed.

Posting it on other movie/tv blogs would help also.

Like people have already said, Amazon is hopefully going to sell these for 7.99 and 9.99 no matter what, but it doesn't hurt to help spread the word.

The Amazon Warehouses damn-well better have over 50,000 copies of each season on Blu ray alone. ;)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Maybe if a bunch of us post this deal on the forums of Attack of the Show, we can get them to mention it on The Feed.

Posting it on other movie/tv blogs would help also.

Like people have already said, Amazon is hopefully going to sell these for 7.99 and 9.99 no matter what, but it doesn't hurt to help spread the word.

The Amazon Warehouses damn-well better have over 50,000 copies of each season on Blu ray alone. ;)[/QUOTE]

I figure they'll have a ton on hand, then if they run out they'll just give a backordered date. I just need S2 and 3, you guys can buy all the S1's for all I care :lol:

lol there is no way this deal is gonna happen. Amazon is only up to 3,200 since it started. I would bet 50k doesn't happen, but here's to hoping!

bread's done
Back