Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for $6 @TRU

Been around for about a week now. OP, You should put YMMV on the title, already checked all the Toys R Us in my area and found none.

[quote name='dabamus']Congratulations! You found something out of the TRU clearance thread![/QUOTE]

Well I also posted this in the TRU clearance thread, smart ass. If it's already been mentioned then move along.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Well I also posted this in the TRU clearance thread, smart ass. If it's already been mentioned then move along.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I was born a sarcastic smartass. :p

I picked up 2 copies for $10.XX after taxes (BOG1 40% off all PS3/360/Wii). Also, Picked up X-men (360) and Wofenstein (PS3) for $25.XX after taxes

[quote name='bredbu']this has been covered in the tru clearance thread heavily[/QUOTE]
And Cheapy wonders why the servers are strained, when people make threads for every deal that's already covered in a clearance thread. Albeit this is a hell of a deal on a great game, but like you said it's been covered a ton in the TRU clearance thread.

What I laugh at more is how the game is going UP in price to $14.99 for Black Friday at TRU.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']And Cheapy wonders why the servers are strained, when people make threads for every deal that's already covered in a clearance thread. Albeit this is a hell of a deal on a great game, but like you said it's been covered a ton in the TRU clearance thread.

What I laugh at more is how the game is going UP in price to $14.99 for Black Friday at TRU.:lol:[/QUOTE]

I know right, what a door buster pay 9 bucks more because its BF

What's funny is there are people in the Amazon pre Black Friday game deal thread talking about planning out a trip to TRU for BF to get Uncharted for $15.

[quote name='madbst']Been around for about a week now. OP, You should put YMMV on the title, already checked all the Toys R Us in my area and found none.[/QUOTE]

TRU has always been YMMV

[quote name='madbst']Been around for about a week now. OP, You should put YMMV on the title, already checked all the Toys R Us in my area and found none.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaoPi']TRU has always been YMMV[/QUOTE]

Hell No, TRU is one of the most (if not the most) consistent place for clearance prices. The game being sold out at your particular store is not considered YMMV. If the game was there, it would have been $6.

[quote name='dabamus']Congratulations! You found something out of the TRU clearance thread![/QUOTE]

I hate those threads, I never look at them and would have missed something like this.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I hate those threads, I never look at them and would have missed something like this.[/QUOTE]

That's your own fault. No need to make threads on deals that have already been covered for the lazy/unmotivated.

[quote name='shoe478']Hell No, TRU is one of the most (if not the most) consistent place for clearance prices. The game being sold out at your particular store is not considered YMMV. If the game was there, it would have been $6.[/QUOTE]

Yeah TRU hasn't had YMMV clearance prices in around 5 years when usually the same games were on clearance at all the TRU stores but at different prices back then. I remember a PS2 game was $10.98 at one TRU and $26.98 at another.

Now the only time it can be YMMV is if a store does a manual markdown, usually with the price ending in .90 but I haven't seen a game with that kind of markdown in years except for some opened PC game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What's funny is there are people in the Amazon pre Black Friday game deal thread talking about planning out a trip to TRU for BF to get Uncharted for $15.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the stores here at least don't have it in stock for $6. If I didn't already have the game, and it turned out that they re-stocked on Black Friday to sell it for $15, I'd probably be willing to buy it for that. The $6 price is only a deal if you can actually find it for that, otherwise $15 is still pretty good.

I'd be willing to strike a deal with someone for one of these clearanced copies if anyone is interested, since I couldn't find any at mine. I still haven't played it!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mywhitenoise']I hate those threads, I never look at them and would have missed something like this.[/QUOTE]

why the hate? this is a clearance price so IDK why you complain...

TS, this has been discussed ad nauseam w/ several posts in the clearance thread, I could understand if only one person mentioned it in the clearance thread, but too many have gotten this deal and posted it on the clearance thread...:roll:

[quote name='Carlanga']why the hate? this is a clearance price so IDK why you complain...[/QUOTE]

Because they're too hard to follow, with the mass amount of replies, and it's easy to overlook certain deals.

Hows the game? I only played U2 and that was fantastic. I read some reviews of U1 here and there but I'm not getting the idea of U1 isn't good as the sequel.

I bought a copy and looking gift that to my friend. Should get another for myself?

[quote name='Glomerate']I'd be willing to strike a deal with someone for one of these clearanced copies if anyone is interested, since I couldn't find any at mine. I still haven't played it![/QUOTE]
I have five copies. I'm asking $10 shipped for each one(cost + shipping essentially).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='heyheyhey11']Hows the game? I only played U2 and that was fantastic. I read some reviews of U1 here and there but I'm not getting the idea of U1 isn't good as the sequel.

I bought a copy and looking gift that to my friend. Should get another for myself?[/QUOTE]

I thought the first one was better...up until I replayed them both back to back :)

But Uncharted is excellent in it's own right, I must have played through that game at least 5 times. You'd be crazy not to keep a copy for yourself, especially at that price,

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Too freaking late, none left at my local.[/QUOTE]
You might wanna check the trading forum, as some have some extras from this B1G1 40% sale.;)

Wow. Such a demand for this game in the last couple of hours. I'm down to 1 copy left as of now, but I remember seeing at least 1-2 copies left at each of my local TRU stores. So I guess I'm going to have to make another TRU run in a day or so.

Well dammit I just heard about this deal and was going to make a trip today. Oh well guess I'll have to settle for the BF deal.

Depending on the state laws, if it still has the 6.00 sticker on it they have to sell it at that price. I know my TRU stickered them for 6.00 sale, dunno if they restickered them though.

I checked the first TRU closest to me today and the last copy of Uncharted disappeared. I'll still try the other one prior to Saturday to see if those two or so copies are still there and if they're back to $30 or not.

As it stands I'm still out of copies of the red case GH version. But if I can find anymore I'll let you guys know.

Anyone who wasn't able to get in on this $6 price at TRU for Uncharted and/or trade/buy a copy that one of us who bought multiples to help out the community had should look into the ESA Game Pack.

It contains Uncharted, Tomb Raider: Underworld and Mercenaries 2 for $29.99.

It's available from Gamestop and I believe someone in the ESA Game Pack thread posted a pre-order/buy link from Amazon as well. I'll post it here if I find it.

It may not be $6 for a copy of Uncharted, but you at least will get a GH copy of Uncharted, but with only the GH artwork in a normal clear PS3 case(if every pack is the exact same).

bread's done
Back