Wii console @ Amazon - £72 or cheaper possibly!?

Rubenite

CAG Veteran
[UPDATE: ALSO INCLUDES "XBOX CONSOLES"!]

Here's a deal to look out for possibly starting this monday (22th November).

Amazon UK are doing a series of 'Black Friday Week' deals:

www.amazon.co.uk/blackfriday

No details have yet been announced of the deals we can expect EXCEPT for the following:

[UPDATED]

"We'll have over 300 deals, including:
The Take That ‘Progress' CD for £1 will be released at 9am on Monday
50% off Sony TVs
50% off RRP Raleigh bicycles
Over 60% off Microsoft Xbox consoles
Over 70% off Orchira pearl jewellery
Over 50% off Sony Blu-ray players
Over 60% off RRP Eternity Moment Eau de Parfum
Over 60% off Flip Mino High Def Camcorders
Over 60% off Nintendo Wii consoles"

Amazon are currently selling the standard wii console with wii sports + resort for £139.99, which is 22% off their stated RRP of £179.99.

60% off an RRP of £179.99 would result in a price of £71.99!

How much will "more than 60%" be? Will this apply to the red wii?

As for the Xbox, 60% off could mean as little as £59 for the 4GB, or £79.99 for the 250GB!

Amazon state that more information will be announced over the next five days before the deals begin, so watch this space for conformation!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is extremely tempting.

Great to see them doing the black Friday thing for us Brits. Maybe I will celebrate Thanksgiving this year.

They're calling these 'lightning' deals so I assume they're gonna have a limited number, like a hundred of each at that price or something.

woow I better keep a wide eye open on monday
these are gonna sell fast and I want one really badly

Awesome, if it applies to the Red Wii I may pick it up. Also looking forward to the PS3 Deals, as I'm in the market for one.

I got an email saying a wii + 2 games deal will be on tomorrow.

I wonder when the deals get updated, god knows that I'm gonna get left behind...

*Edit*

Just saw their twitter post, apparently the first deal is a Take That CD going up on Monday 9am. I'm guessing you might wanna follow them here as they'll probably time/date other upcoming deals:

http://twitter.com/amazonUK

hope the xbox deal isn't tomorrow as I'm not going to be around the whole time

EDIT:

the xbox 360 250GB seems to now not be an option as its now only sold by third partys on amazon am I being paranoid in thinking that's not a coincidence

[quote name='goatmonkey']hope the xbox deal isn't tomorrow as I'm not going to be around the whole time

EDIT:

the xbox 360 250GB seems to now not be an option as its now only sold by third partys on amazon am I being paranoid in thinking that's not a coincidence[/QUOTE]

There are 2 things wrong with that assessment:

1. I saw them saying 360 will be in stock on the 24th (weds) - take that with a grain of salt though.

2. They didn't announce 360s to be part of monday's deal lineup (Wii seems to be however!)

Three confirmed games to be in the sale tomorrow (although we've got no idea of the price, but I'm guessing they'll be good):

:wii: Goldeneye 007 Collector's Edition
:360: Vanquish
:ps3: Vanquish

Presumably DJ Hero 2 for the second one?

Firefox.png

[quote name='Exu']Cryptic.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's a stumper. ;)

Posed it as a question since I didn't know if Gaga was in 1 or 2, and couldn't be arsed to Google. :cool:

Erm...I was just looking around...I'm worried. The 360 deal might only be the 250gb KINECT version.

My reasoning? See the "Black Friday" deal banner (under the price) on its webpage.

If so, I'm annoyed. I don't give a rats behind about kinect. :(

[quote name='SteadiestShark']Erm...I was just looking around...I'm worried. The 360 deal might only be the 250gb KINECT version.

My reasoning? See the "Black Friday" deal banner (under the price) on its webpage.

If so, I'm annoyed. I don't give a rats behind about kinect. :([/QUOTE]

Unless you could get a decent price for the Kinect without the power supply...

Ignore me. I'm an idiot and I've been falling for an advertising banner that seems to change every time you refresh the page. (Unless it still only picks banners that apply to the item)

The second round of deals went up, and sold out even quicker than the first lot.

The timer went from 00:00 to "sold out" in about a second. I guess they really are lightning deals.

I havent a clue how it worked, I managed to click for one deal but for the past 50 minutes it has just said I am in a queue *sigh* Guess I wont be getting an xbox this year either if they are going like this.

[quote name='Kohlstream']Dosnt seem like theres much point to this sale if you only get 5 seconds to buy stuff...[/QUOTE]

5 seconds is generous... more like 1 second, if you're lucky. I haven't managed to get a single deal.

I have managed to get one per hour - take that, harry potter and the earings so far (crimbo shopping is going well).

I've just been hovering my mouse over where the button is and clicking...

[quote name='CrimsonMajor']I have managed to get one per hour - take that, harry potter and the earings so far (crimbo shopping is going well).

I've just been hovering my mouse over where the button is and clicking...[/QUOTE]

Yeah likewise.. it just told me I was in queue and I obviously didnt get them.

[quote name='paspinall']Yeah likewise.. it just told me I was in queue and I obviously didnt get them.[/QUOTE]

Strange, I clicked the button and it just took me through to my basket.

At least there are 2 good things to come from this.
1. The Amazon UK store gets the black friday sale.
2. It's obviously popular so next year Amazon should ready enough stock to make each sale last at least 10 seconds.

They've got stock according to the item pages, its just the lightning deal price that's selling out. Meh, quite a let down.

just under the black friday page on amazon.co.uk the window at the top shows the 3 deals for the next hour usually. Although I notice 4pm now seems to only have 2.

That was "Just Dance" for the Wii for £9.99...

What a let down, haha.

I got one in my basket but I deleted it. Do you reckon that if you get one in your basket - you're set?

[quote name='SteadiestShark']That was "Just Dance" for the Wii for £9.99...

What a let down, haha.

I got one in my basket but I deleted it. Do you reckon that if you get one in your basket - you're set?[/QUOTE]

Yeah apparently, you then have up until midnight to pay.

[quote name='paspinall']just under the black friday page on amazon.co.uk the window at the top shows the 3 deals for the next hour usually. Although I notice 4pm now seems to only have 2.[/QUOTE]

Was a little confused for a moment, it wasn't appearing in my browser. All set now.

[quote name='SteadiestShark']That was "Just Dance" for the Wii for £9.99...

What a let down, haha.

I got one in my basket but I deleted it. Do you reckon that if you get one in your basket - you're set?[/QUOTE]

I think so, but you have to pay for it before the end of the day

It's harsh how fast these things go, and it depends on the measly javascript to bring the deal to you on time. I wonder if I can bring my clock forward a minute to get an advantage. Roll on super cheap Xboxes!

[quote name='AndrewJD']It's harsh how fast these things go, and it depends on the measly javascript to bring the deal to you on time. I wonder if I can bring my clock forward a minute to get an advantage. Roll on super cheap Xboxes![/QUOTE]

You think that's possible?

[quote name='SteadiestShark']You think that's possible?[/QUOTE]

I would imagine the java script will compensate taking the time from Amazon in the first lace most likely.

Yeah, it's not running by your computer's time - mine is around 30 seconds out.

You'd have to alter the script some how, lol.

How the hell can a £375 coffee maker sell out in 3 seconds?

Edit: I clicked on the coffee maker product page and the price has gone back up to £700+ and it says its in stock...do you think the sale page script is borked?

bread's done
Back