Steam Weekend Deal - 50% off Sniper: Ghost Warrior, $14.99

animalspinners

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/34830/

Not even sure what this game is but it's got a 55 / 100 Metacritic... not real promising.

Especially when you have to take quotes from a preview to pad your store page. You can tell where they have cherry picked through the reviews to find good quotes, haha.

The DLC is also half off, $2.49.

Edit: Price was 50% off and $14.99... it's now raised to $17.99 and 40% off. Now it's back to 50% off. Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really excited to get this for 360 but it was such a huge letdown. Game requires you to be 'stealth' in many areas but you could be hiding in thick bushes 50 yards away from an enemy and they'll still see you. Also, there can be a group of enemy solders standing in a circle...you shoot one of them but the rest wont scatter because you used a silencer.

So much in this game makes no sense whatsoever. Too bad because Sniper could have been great.

[quote name='norkusa']I was really excited to get this for 360 but it was such a huge letdown. Game requires you to be 'stealth' in many areas but you could be hiding in thick bushes 50 yards away from an enemy and they'll still see you. Also, there can be a group of enemy solders standing in a circle...you shoot one of them but the rest wont scatter because you used a silencer.

So much in this game makes no sense whatsoever. Too bad because Sniper could have been great.[/QUOTE]

There was a patch released soon after the game's release that tweaked the AI a little bit. No idea if it makes any difference though.

Wow, to make things worse, they just RAISED the price.

It's now 40% off, $17.99.

I'll update the OP... it sure as hell was 50% off when it first went on special.

Edit: Now it's back to 50% off.

Oh, thought maybe it was some game I had missed just called Sniper, then found out it is indeed Sniper: Ghost Warrior. Hope of a good sleeper sniper game killed by the dreadful reality that is Sniper: Ghost Warrior.

City Interactive is always poor-mediocre, will probably wait a bit more for this. Looked interesting but meh not really worth it just yet.

bread's done
Back