is there anything i can do if UPS lies about delivery of a package

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
the ups man pulls up at 1pm and get out of the truck and goes they cant find the package..... So i call up the line at 330 and see what is going on and they said it was out for delivery..so i check back at 6pm and it says attempted delivery at 251 noone was home no note was ever place on the door more like the deliver person lost the package and now is trying to cover their ass...

the #$#$ at the local office hung up on me and now has taken the phone off the hook (operator said the phone is no longer in service)

amazon is no help

[quote name='slidecage']the ups man pulls up at 1pm and get out of the truck and goes they cant find the package..... So i call up the line at 330 and see what is going on and they said it was out for delivery..so i check back at 6pm and it says attempted delivery at 251 noone was home no note was ever place on the door more like the deliver person lost the package and now is trying to cover their ass...

the #$#$ at the local office hung up on me and now has taken the phone off the hook (operator said the phone is no longer in service)

amazon is no help[/QUOTE]

maybe he found out what it was and decided to keep it for himself. It happens... if the driver has too many missing packages complains on him, he could get fired.

keep calling them and complain. ive had someone pull that shit with me before ( said nobody was home when i was there all day) i called them up and complained and they sent someone out tha same day.

what a mess....

called up amazon to tell them what happened and the person on the line goes ... I tell you what.. go place an new order for a new copy of the game and pick overnight and we will refund you the difference ... so i go cool.. Thinking i will run to amazon place the order and get the game tomorrow for sure that a credit of 34.00 will be placed into the account ... well i go there and there is a credit of 23 bucks so i called them up askin what is going on and they said i must of misunderstood ..

A credit would be issued like this

Total charge 34 bucks for the game .. a 5 buck credit will be issued for mising the delivery date. a credit of 23.04 will be issued to place the order tonight and the 14.99 credit will be issued whenever the first copy ever gets back to amazon (meaning how i took that is the game was lost the credit would never be placed)

I didnt feel like putting another 15 bucks on my card and then dealing with a return and then waiting 2 to 3 weeks for a refund to show, so i told them to forget about it and that its too late now to even place an order to have it here by friday (when i really needed it by) i was with them in chat around 20 mins cause they couldnt figure out the credit either

i told them to remove the 23 buck credit cause i will not place another order and the worker agreeed .. i then started talking about what happens if the game does not show tomororw how will i get the refund started on the first game and the person started walking me though it... right at the end the worker goes

for your troubles i going to allow you to keep the 23 buck credit for the trouble and the 5 buck credit for the missing the ship date (now if i really get to keep the credits we will see for now the credits are in the account)

the local supervisor called me up and they told me the GAME WILL BE DELIVERED TOMORROW if not call them personally and they will make sure it gets delivered (dont ask me how they can say 100% it will be there tomorrow) he then said the second person might went to the wrong house at 251 (dont ask me how they went to a different house)

either way it looks like

A if i get the game i will get the game + 28 buck credit for my troubles thanks to AMAZON

B... if the game never shows i will get my 15 buck refund in a few weeks and 28 buck credit from amazon

amazon really stepped up on this ...... not really sure what i was hoping for UPS to do but i thought maybe amazon would give a 5 buck promo for missing the date but i never thought they would give me 23 bucks if i never placed an replacment

i hope it comes tomorrow .. cousins kids are driving me nuts asking about their game and really dont want to go out and buy it for 30 tomorrow (they need something come tomorrow) i dont think Rock band 3 for the DS is worth 30

this is the first time i had a delivery issue...

What im thinking what really happen was the item was left in the wherehouse and was never put on the truck today.. and they are just saying they attempted a delivery to try to cover their own asses

UPDATE

WTF i get an email from amazon saying

I have requested a refund for 14.99 to your credit card taht should show up in 3 to 5 days.... they just told me that i would have to wait until the 22nd to see if it shows and i used gamecredit not a credit card

I have a major headache and not going to deal with this today again.. will wait till tomorrow and see if it gets delivered and then go from there

this is one problem with amazon they have to many people who answer emails and dont do the reserach to see what has taken place already....

[quote name='slidecage'] i dont think Rock band 3 for the DS[/QUOTE]

you should be allowed on thread. just one. go crazy in that thread but just one. i would suggest a blog but...you know

[quote name='ITDEFX']Hope it wasn't anything expensive?[/QUOTE]

Nine times out of ten, it's an electric razor but, every once and a while, it's a dildo. Of course, it's company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo. We have to use the indefinite article. A dildo, never your dildo.

Im going to hijack this thread a bit....I ordered something from the MS retail loyalty website, and the tracking says it was delivered. I drove all around today and made calls. Fedex said they gave it to the local postal service, so i went there, they hadnt received anything and on my way home, the mailman was around the corner. Asked him about it and he said he does remember being here at the time the package was delivered and if i didnt get it, probably got jacked. SIGH, is there anything I can do about that? Ive never had mail stolen from my doorstep before, but then again this is a new neighborhood i live in. Am i basically SOL?

(and im super sorry for hijacking this thread, ignore me if you must, but it was just such a coincidence i saw this, lol)

had to call up amazon today again cause they First told me to wait till NOV 22 to request a refund but then they go ahead a give me a refund last night... Game shows up today now i had to go call them up to take the refund back.

[quote name='lokizz'] ( said nobody was home when i was there all day).[/QUOTE]

Thats happened to me dozens of time. I will be home and just come up and find a "sorry we missed you" note on my door. I was in the kitchen by the front door once and saw a shadow by the window so I looked out and ups guy was getting in his truck empty handed and a note was there on the door. He just walked up with a note with no intent of ringing the bell.

I hear this stuff all the time from others but those guys dont get to go home till their route is done, so they skip on a lot of home deliveries because they dont want to wait to see if someone is home or not. They are also on projected timelines for how long it takes to make their route so if they mess around too much on lunch Im sure they just decide to cut corners.

[quote name='gargus']Thats happened to me dozens of time. I will be home and just come up and find a "sorry we missed you" note on my door. I was in the kitchen by the front door once and saw a shadow by the window so I looked out and ups guy was getting in his truck empty handed and a note was there on the door. He just walked up with a note with no intent of ringing the bell.

I hear this stuff all the time from others but those guys dont get to go home till their route is done, so they skip on a lot of home deliveries because they dont want to wait to see if someone is home or not. They are also on projected timelines for how long it takes to make their route so if they mess around too much on lunch Im sure they just decide to cut corners.[/QUOTE]

friday is the one day they do it the most i can understand someone ready to get off for the weekend but its a shit way to do customers.

and then theres those usps guys who leave your packages sitting out in plain veiw of anybody that shit always used to drive me nuts.

You should really see if you can start having your UPS shipped to your place of employment instead of your home. From my experience UPS takes things more seriously when the address is a business address.

bread's done
Back