And Yet It Moves - Pay What You Want - Today Only!

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Today only you can pay-what-you-want for And Yet It Moves, an excellent indie puzzle platformer with beautiful papier-mache graphics:

http://yawma.net/games/25-and-yet-it-moves

For more on And Yet It Moves:

http://www.andyetitmoves.net/

I already own the game (twice!) and have played it through - slightly on the short side (once you get comfortable with the rotating universe and the controls) but a great game overall - highly recommended!

Funny looking sale though: it looks like today it's PWYW, then tomorrow it will be 75% off, then the day after tomorrow it will be 63% off, etc. Not sure if this will work the way they are hoping...

The Wii version is now better than the PC version.
Grab the PC version today.
A demo for AYIM will come out for Wiiware next week.
You should buy the $10 Wiiware version if you can.

Wow, the download site is very slow and I occasionally get bad gateway errors. Must be getting slammed.

Yeah, the site's definitely getting slammed with traffic. Sorry to anyone that isn't getting through.

Shoot me an email if you're not able to get the download to work. We don't want to leave anyone behind.

[email protected]

[quote name='ScottYAWMA']Yeah, the site's definitely getting slammed with traffic. Sorry to anyone that isn't getting through.

Shoot me an email if you're not able to get the download to work. We don't want to leave anyone behind.

[email protected][/QUOTE]

Took the chance and emailed, I received a very prompt response indicating they are working on getting things back online.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='budz']Thanks OP. Yet I feel almost as bad as that VVVVV for getting this for free![/QUOTE]

There's an easy way to alleviate that guilt - give the indie developers some money.

Yes, those games listed there will still be PWYW tomorrow. They are PWYW normally, and not on sale.

As an update, we're moving to larger servers. So this shouldn't happen again. We'll be up and running tomorrow. Been one heck of a day.

@YAWMAgames, email me, or follow us on FB (can't post links as a newbie) to stay up to date. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience. Working on it hardcore.

I couldn't figure out how to purchase. I logged in via facebook, so perhaps that's it. Might try to create a real account tomorrow.

FB Connect'll work just fine. To be sure you're logged in, click the LOG IN button on the top of the site. If you're logged in, it'll say something different.

It prompts you to log in before purchase link works. Purchase stays in your account for later download. Let me know if that doesn't work tomorrow, so as to not have duplicate accounts. Thanks mate!

This game is actually quite fun. I bought it a long time ago and really enjoyed it. I'd recommend that anyone who gets it donate at least a few bucks to help support a good indie developer.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I'm getting a 404 - Did I miss the sale?[/QUOTE]

The server is down at the momement it seems they got slammed.

The main page says they won't be back until tomorrow. If it's going to be 75% off tomorrow, the game will at least be $2.50. That's not a bad price.

[quote name='gordojones88']The Wii version is now better than the PC version.

You should buy the $10 Wiiware version if you can.[/QUOTE]

Explain?

Damn, 404 errors. :(

This game looks pretty awesome too! About like Crayon Physics Deluxe that I found during one of these PWYW sales. Little hidden gems I've never heard about before.

Oh well, I'll check back tomorrow.

[quote name='ScottYAWMA']Yes, those games listed there will still be PWYW tomorrow. They are PWYW normally, and not on sale.

As an update, we're moving to larger servers. So this shouldn't happen again. We'll be up and running tomorrow. Been one heck of a day.

@YAWMAgames, email me, or follow us on FB (can't post links as a newbie) to stay up to date. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience. Working on it hardcore.[/QUOTE]

Awesome to hear, and thanks for the reply. I will definitely be dropping by tomorrow to check them out.

Heard awesome things about it. Even if it comes back at 75% tomorrow, $2.50 isn't bad at all, especially to support indie games. =)

Yup, site still down :( Was going to pay yesterday, but soon after I got onto the site it went down. Oh well, looks like I'll be missing out on this sale.

Looks like we're going to redeploy on wednesday to make sure we can handle the load. I'll be sure to post here when we're live.

It looks like they're charging $10 for it now. I managed to get in the PWYW deal before it ended. Unfortunate there was server trouble yesterday.

[quote name='apathylad']It looks like they're charging $10 for it now. I managed to get in the PWYW deal before it ended. Unfortunate there was server trouble yesterday.[/QUOTE]

The image though says the PWYW deal will be back on the 24th, so those of us who missed it can still snag it then.

PWYW-Holder.jpg

In. I like the idea of using the Wiimote to flip the screen around, so will likely grab that version too. I also bought Mubbly Tower and Strangers for a few bucks each. Support the indies!

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']I think it has something to do with the motion controls.[/QUOTE]

With the PC version you rotate the world in 90 degree increments. Left/right arrow toggles plus/minus 90 degrees, up arrow flips the screen 180 degrees.

The Wii version lets you sort of hang in mid-air while you rotate in any degree increment you want. Hard to explain. Check out this vid to see what I mean:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-and-yet-it-moves/17-3124/

I really had fun with the PC version. Definitely worth playing. Frankly, it gets so trippy at the end I don't think making it longer would have added to the experience. Also, seems like the Wii controls would have made it too easy.

bread's done
Back