Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable $25.49 (New) $20.99 (Used) @ Gamestop

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Gamestop price drop SMT:p3P for $29.99, but with a 15% off coupon (15GAME) and free shipping coupon of course (SAVER). It comes up to $25.49 before taxes which cost me all together, $27.59. Definitalty the cheapest I've seen for this game "New". They also have it used too for a "Online Price Only" for $24.99 with PowerUp discount stacked with coupon (CAG16) & (SAVER) comes up to $20.99 before taxes as well.

This is my first deal posted and I felt I should share this along since this is a great game and the price really have never dropped before. I picked up a new copy cause I really can't trust GS sending me used copies without me seeing the condition first. There is a deal on the PSN if you want the digital copy for $19.99 but that isn't my cup of tea. Thanks CAG community!!!!!

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=935547

Thanks for the heads up! I'm gonna wait till Black Friday though to see if it can get any lower somewhere else. ~_~

already own P3, and P3: FES for PS2. One of my fave games ever, but i'm waitin for $19.99 or less to pick this one up

Do any of these still have the hats? I wanted the hat and the game but didn't want to pay $40 at release haha.

I'm not that partial to physical media but I will say the PSP version has a nice clear UMD case a color manual. If you like boxed versions they aren't ripping you off.

Thanks OP, grabbing a new one. Backlog a mile long, but still. Not even black friday, man my wallet's gonna cry after it's all said and done. lol

[quote name='Gboon']Do any of these still have the hats? I wanted the hat and the game but didn't want to pay $40 at release haha.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can get the hat anymore; Amazon still had it up until recently with new copies, but they removed it.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Not to be a jerk, but P3P is $19.99 on PSN right now.[/QUOTE]

Not to be a jerk, but the OP said that. And lulz @ buying digital.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Not to be a jerk, but the OP said that. And lulz @ buying digital.[/QUOTE]

Are "lulz" really warranted? I mean just because the poster was ignorant, doesn't really mean you need to be as well.

Also, as a heads up, the spy shots of PSP2 did not have any place for UMDs, so future backwards compatibility may actually depend on owning digital copies, instead of physical ones.

[quote name='nervousxtian']Figures as soon as I paid full price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear you. Are you freaking kidding me!? I waited for a year for this to be a DotD or Lightning deal like Persona was so many times. I didn't preorder it because of what happened with Persona PSP.

Then, after waiting so long and seeing it OOS so many places I finally nabbed one during the Amazon B2G1 since people on CAG were saying it had a much lower print run than Persona and would never go on sale. But the Amazon copy was backordered. So when I used my PowerUp Rewards B2G1 at Gamestop the other day I picked up a used copy. It was $34.99 otherwise. Then, not two days later, my stupid Amazon copy shipped :bomb:. I suppose I could return both of them now that it all of a sudden is going to start showing up everywhere cheap. This must mean there was a reprint because no sooner does it come in stock at Amazon then it gets cheap at Gamestop...

[quote name='TheSingingBard']Thanks OP, grabbing a new one. Backlog a mile long, but still. Not even black friday, man my wallet's gonna cry after it's all said and done. lol[/QUOTE]

We all can relate to that. You have no idea what my wallet has been through this past week, lol! :cry:

Crap. I just bought the PSN version yesterday. Though I wouldn't mind double dipping for a boxed copy.

Wow, finally seeing this game on sale. I wound up buying it @ MSRP on Amazon a few months ago, but I got $20 for the Junpei hat it came with on eBay so I guess that's something.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']lulz[/QUOTE]
Jesus christ...

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Not to be a jerk, but P3P is $19.99 on PSN right now.[/QUOTE]
Something wrong with preferring physical copies?

I'm glad people are liking the dl copies more and more. I like the ease of having a dl copies on my mem stick. It's easy to switch from game to game.

But for me, I still prefer a physical copy over dl. I only get dl games if it's very very cheap compared to the umd. But if it's only $10 or less difference, I wouldn't mind paying more for a umd copy, like this deal.

[quote name='yruluis']I prefer to have it on my memory stick. The games seem much faster.[/QUOTE]

You can install part of the UMD data of P3P (without needing custom firmware or a large memory stick) and get really snappy performance.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Jesus christ...

Something wrong with preferring physical copies?[/QUOTE]

No, I like instruction booklets. Just running out of space in my office.

[quote name='Curufinwe']You can install part of the UMD data of P3P (without needing custom firmware or a large memory stick) and get really snappy performance.[/QUOTE]
I gotta try that!

Great game. The P3P version has an optional female main char with some storyline changes, a couple extra difficulty levels (if I remember correctly), a few extras, and even a cameo from the upcoming game Catherine. The $ value per hour of gameplay is through the roof on this one. This game is a great fit on the PSP. You can shut it down while playing and resume again with no problems. And even if the PSP runs out of battery charge in the middle of a play session, you won't lose your progress. I don't know if the newer DS models do that, but I know the one I have doesn't. My DS has a sleep mode, but if the battery runs out you will lose all unsaved progress.

I don't pre-order alot of games, but I did for this game (free hat!) and SMT: SJ. And I would pre-order a PSP version of SMT: Nocturne and/or SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 in a heartbeat.

bread's done
Back