Impulse Deal of the Day - X3 Gold 75% off

TheKbob

Fakey Bro, Esq.
Feedback
90 (100%)
X3_Gold_Edition_03.jpg

X3 Gold Edition now the daily deal for 11/22/2010. 75% off original price setting it at $6.25.

Description:
The Sequel to the award winning X2: The Threat will introduce a new 3D engine as well as a new story, new ships and a new gameplay to greatly increase the variety in the X-universe. The economy of X3: Reunion will be more complex than anything seen in the X-universe before. Factories are being built by NPCs, wars can affect the global economy, NPCs can trade freely and pirates will behave far more realistically.

X3: Terran Conflict is a brand new, stand-alone game set in the universe of X3. It is the culmination of the X trilogy, with a grand finale that takes us all the way back to Earth's own solar system. Gamers can take on the roles of different characters in the X universe, or of a Terran military pilot, and experience a multitude of stories in the largest X universe ever featured - for X3: Terran Conflict will offer more missions than any other X game before. Meanwhile, X3: Terran Conflict will pose questions such as: How has Earth changed in all these years? And how will relations between Earth and its counterparts in the X universe develop?

-Impulse

Gamerankings:
X3 Terran Conflict: 77.91%
X3 Reunion: 73.89%

http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W796

Any thoughts on the title? I never really tried many 4X and/or Space Sim games.

A definite bargain in my opinion, you can get a lot of mileage out of the X games if you put in a bit of effort, and these latest ones are quite beautiful. However, it's largely not worth having both titles as they're extremely similar.

The retail key for Terran Conflict activates in Steam, by the way. I picked up a copy of X3: TC on eBay about two months ago for $5 delivered, and just whacked the key into Steam. Could help someone willing to save a few pennies by waiting a few days.

I'm not sure if Impulse will provide a CD key, but I would expect them to, and it should work in Steam just fine.

Also, check out the modding community! :)

Pretty fun game(s). Lots of options and a great modding community. There's a number of mods out there to increase the amount of conflict going on in the universe and give the game more of a combat focus for those who want it.

Ended up buying this, just waiting for the download. :( probably won't get to play it much with finals starting to be a pressing matter next week. Still thanks OP.

X3 Gold deal ended, today's deal is Total Annihilation for 50% off... which is the same price it has been ever since the Thanksgiving sale started.

Seems odd that some of their daily deals would just be highlighting a currently on-going sale price, but I guess that means this list of upcoming daily deals from their Impulse Now! client might be real:

Dragon Age looks like the only surprise on the list, it would be $25 for the ultimate edition if it's true. That's the order they're in on the servers, so assuming they go in that order, Dragon Age will land on Sunday. Of course, these might just be placeholders that they plan on updating before they leave the office for the holiday, or they might have further images at a different location. We'll have to wait to see.

Well for those of you that got X3, I recommend just skipping reunion and playing TC. TC has a lot better interface, and is still getting patched and improved. Lots of mods out there as well.

bread's done
Back