Amazon: Hori PS3 Real Arcade Pro 3. Fighting Stick $59.99

Thanks! I was about to buy a TE stick for Thanksgiving so I could play my family. I already have a Madcatz SE so this should work awesome!

The PS3 ‘Street Fighter IV’ FightStick Tournament Edition stick is $104.99 as well.

Good deal. Now I'm probably going to return the SF4 Fightstick/Game bundle I bought from Walmart when their 30 buck deal was live. I was about to throw another 40-50 bucks to upgrade the stick but for a solid 60 I can get a stick that's solid from the get go without the extra hassle. Thanks OP.

i still have my RAP3 stick in box from when I got it for $50 like last year (seems that long ago at least). I will eventually open it to play MvC3... lol. This is a great deal tho. Almost tempted to get a 2nd for friends (rather than making them use my Tekken 6 wireless stick).

I totally recommend a RAP3 over a Madcatz TE if you're into modding (even though both controllers offer quick disconnects on the buttons) and/or have a backwards compatibility PS3. The TE will NOT work on PS2 (it'll handle PS1 titles just fine) whereas the RAP3 (Or any RAP) should work just as well as a regular controller.

For a side note: from what I've been reading on srk and other forums, the RAP3 has a smaller mounting area for the stick, so a Seimitsu LS-32 will not fit. (People recommend the LS-32 for shmups because of a smaller dead zone)

Def Not worth it IMO. The Best Buy SE edition stick with Vanilla is a much better deal. This stick is Doodoo untill you replace the parts which is difficult because the buttons sit on a circuit board rather hen have Quick Disconnects. Also, you have to dremel off large ammounts of plastic from a new joystick that you put in because if you try to fit a Sanwa JLF or an LS-32, it simply will not fit. This stick is SOOOO not worth 60 bucks.

[quote name='frpilot']is this better than madcatz te stick? it definitely is cheaper.[/QUOTE]

No, but it is excellent. The Hori has a Sanwa stick with mediocre Hori buttons, whereas the Madcatz TE has all Sanwa parts.

I have, and love, them both. This is a killer price.

It has the same Sanwa joystick as the TE but not the same buttons is uses Hori, I just read.

[quote name='Don illmatix']Def Not worth it IMO. The Best Buy SE edition stick with Vanilla is a much better deal. This stick is Doodoo untill you replace the parts which is difficult because the buttons sit on a circuit board rather hen have Quick Disconnects. Also, you have to dremel off large ammounts of plastic from a new joystick that you put in because if you try to fit a Sanwa JLF or an LS-32, it simply will not fit. This stick is SOOOO not worth 60 bucks.[/QUOTE]

You are terribly mistaken.

[quote name='Trastan']You are terribly mistaken.[/QUOTE]
Most certainly was lol

This is the stick i THOUGHT it was before actually looking

ps3_hori_fs3.jpg

[quote name='pewpewpew']Good deal. Now I'm probably going to return the SF4 Fightstick/Game bundle I bought from Walmart when their 30 buck deal was live. I was about to throw another 40-50 bucks to upgrade the stick but for a solid 60 I can get a stick that's solid from the get go without the extra hassle. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

I have a Madcatz TE, Madcatz SE, and dual-modded Hori HRAP2 SA. The Hori is for serious fighting game sessions, the SE is for everything else like my xbox live arcade games. I love its arcade quality in a small package. I would keep it.

[quote name='aerozero']Gaaaaaaaaaah

This is so tempting.

Anyone know if this fighting stick is compatible with PCs?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is, and if you have a BC PS3 it will also be compatible with PS2 games as well.

I've been reading and watching videos about this stick and everyone seems to agree this is a very good and solid stick. Uses Sanwa stick w/ Hori buttons...which are decent, they do the job, but can be easily upgraded to Sanwa buttons.

I'm trying to decide too...would be nice with MvC3 not too far off.

EDIT: Wow...didn't think my $20 GC would apply to sticks, but they do. I have some serious thinking to do.

I have this stick and I think it's fantastic. I have a Madcatz TE as well and I like the HRAP3 slightly more. I know both sticks use the Sanwa JLF joystick but, I feel like the HRAP3 joystick is slightly more responsive. It's also ever so slightly stiffer.

Modding the buttons with Sanwa's or Seimitsu's is a breeze on this. It's literally unscrewing 6 or so bolts and removing the plate. Then it's a simple quick disconnect of the buttons and replacing with your new buttons.

etokki.com is a great place to get the buttons. 2 dollars each for Sanwa buttons. Shipping is about 4-5 bucks total. But since it ships from Korea it might slightly take longer. And don't worry, the site is reliable and many people on shoryuken.com shop there. So you're looking at a total of 59.99 for the stick and roughly 20-21 dollars for 8 buttons.

[quote name='pewpewpew']Good deal. Now I'm probably going to return the SF4 Fightstick/Game bundle I bought from Walmart when their 30 buck deal was live. I was about to throw another 40-50 bucks to upgrade the stick but for a solid 60 I can get a stick that's solid from the get go without the extra hassle. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Not to discourage you on this deal, but that Walmart deal is shipped in two separate shipments. Most of us (who don't need/want the game) are just picking up the stick and leaving the shipment of the game. On Dec 10th the game is supposed to be shipped back and everyone will be credited $15. The stick itself will only come out to $14 and tax. I grabbed two myself, but I agree, wish I didn't have to mod them.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Not to discourage you on this deal, but that Walmart deal is shipped in two separate shipments. Most of us (who don't need/want the game) are just picking up the stick and leaving the shipment of the game. On Dec 10th the game is supposed to be shipped back and everyone will be credited $15. The stick itself will only come out to $14 and tax. I grabbed two myself, but I agree, wish I didn't have to mod them.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. Did not know that they'll send back what I don't pick up. I'll probably keep both sticks if that is the case.

[quote name='elessar123']What about modding these for use with 360? I'm tempted, but there are just too many shmups on 360.[/QUOTE]

AMAZING STICK, highly recommended, I paid $100 for mine.
I also modded it for 360 usage. Added and Octagon gate and changed the Buttons out for Sanwa.
Expect to buy a cheap 360 controller (I used Gamestop/madcatz one), a PCB switch, and solder some lines as I recall.
Not for the faint of heart...

If you want dual-system you are MUCH better off starting with a 360 stick and adding PS3/PS2 to that IMHO.

In for one. Saw this earlier when I went to the black friday lineup, but couldnt decide if the price was right. Well it is, since its tax free and free shipping. Saves having to import the darn thing and paying ~$100 for it.

[quote name='raiser']If you want dual-system you are MUCH better off starting with a 360 stick and adding PS3/PS2 to that IMHO.[/QUOTE]

That's what I heard, so I guess I'm passing on this one. Hope they put HRAP3 Pro or something for 360 on sale too =3

I noticed the X360 Real Arcade Pro EX is on sale for 38% off at $80.29. Can someone please compare this to other X360 sticks and tell me what parts are used for the joystick and buttons? Thanks.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Not to discourage you on this deal, but that Walmart deal is shipped in two separate shipments. Most of us (who don't need/want the game) are just picking up the stick and leaving the shipment of the game. On Dec 10th the game is supposed to be shipped back and everyone will be credited $15. The stick itself will only come out to $14 and tax. I grabbed two myself, but I agree, wish I didn't have to mod them.[/QUOTE]

This is useful info, is this 100 percent that if I dont pick up the game they will not charge me for the full price even though I just pick up the stick?
I just got Super Street Fighter 4, so I dont need Street Fighter 4.
Wish I would have known about this a few days earlier and had my brother bring the stick for me because I am not in the same state where I ordered this bundle to be delivered to, my brother is there, and the Stick was delivered already last friday, and I like a moron didnt ask my brother to take it on Friday so he could bring it to me when he came to visit me here in n.y{but again I didnt know I dont have to take the game}, so now I have to wait till the end of this week for my brother to come back to n.y again and Il ask him to pick it up for me from wal-mart.

[quote name='elessar123']What about modding these for use with 360? I'm tempted, but there are just too many shmups on 360.[/QUOTE]

i dual modded mine, it was kind of a pain and i didn't bother with the triggers. it would be easier starting with a xbox stick but the xbox version of the hrap3 i think its called hrap ex isn't common ground which makes it harder. pics and PCB diagram http://www.flickr.com/photos/milkman/sets/72157621549532173/with/3635416312/

well thinking about what the other guy mentioned about the walmart bundle for the mad catz stick with street fighter 4 and the option to not pick up the game and just get the stick which eventually means that the mad catz fighter stick ended up being 14 dollars - the question is - is this really worth getting for $60 considering the I{and a bunch of other people} got the SE Mad Catz Stick for $14 dollars from walmart?
I been looking on youtube that the SE Mad Catz stick is actually pretty good, and the only thing that needs to be replaced is just the joystick.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']well thinking about what the other guy mentioned about the walmart bundle for the mad catz stick with street fighter 4 and the option to not pick up the game and just get the stick which eventually means that the mad catz fighter stick ended up being 14 dollars - the question is - is this really worth getting for $60 considering the I{and a bunch of other people} got the SE Mad Catz Stick for $14 dollars from walmart?
I been looking on youtube that the SE Mad Catz stick is actually pretty good, and the only thing that needs to be replaced is just the joystick.[/QUOTE]

you'd probably want to replace the buttons too, custom art is a little harder to do on these than the hraps also. there's also way more room inside the hrap3 if you're into modding and it weighs more if stability is important to you.

[quote name='Shadow Cloud']Bought one yesterday. Can anyone direct me to some good places for modding it in case I want to?[/QUOTE]

this is a tutorial on opening up the hrap2, the hrap3 is pretty much identical
http://shoryuken.com/f177/hrap-2-modding-tutorial-132472/

if you want to do an art mod, i'd suggest www.tek-innovations.com Art has his own laser cutter and printer and will do all the cutting for your acrylic panel and art and even give you the button cut outs if you want to slide art into seimitsu buttons, ordered from him a few times and hasn't done me wrong or anyone else on srk as far as i can see. he has several threads there.

I'd also suggest looking at his top loader kit for the hrap series, if you're going to be in and out a lot taking off the bottom panel to unscrew the top panel becomes a huge headache.

[quote name='Shadow Cloud']Bought one yesterday. Can anyone direct me to some good places for modding it in case I want to?[/QUOTE]

I personally use lizardlick.com, although there are a few members of the SRK forums that run modding websites.

Mine just came in today with 1 day shipping. It's a good stick, I'm no fighting game enthusiast but the stick had a good weighty feel to it. I ordered 2 Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor plates but they haven't came. (1 for this stick and the other for when I mod the SE)

I thinks it's a safe medium between the SE and the TE, I say this because most people say get Sanwa buttons also. So when I a get the joystick and buttons for my SE I'll get some buttons for the Hori. In all $60 is a good deal!

Highly Recommended. I love my HRAP 3 It is my goto stick even over my TE, pair it with some Sanwas and it is golden.

My HRAP with Sanwa Meshball, Buttons and Art's Plexi.
picture.php

[quote name='Milkyman']you'd probably want to replace the buttons too, custom art is a little harder to do on these than the hraps also. there's also way more room inside the hrap3 if you're into modding and it weighs more if stability is important to you.[/QUOTE]

As far as the Custom art, I am not really that interested in doing it, as far as modding it on the inside, also not interested in doing that at all. Just want a good fight - stick that I can practice on and get better on it.
So as far as replacing the joy stick and the buttons - how much am I looking to spend including shipping?
Just want to do the price comparison and see what will be my total, and if its too much - I will just buy this hori I guess.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']As far as the Custom art, I am not really that interested in doing it, as far as modding it on the inside, also not interested in doing that at all. Just want a good fight - stick that I can practice on and get better on it.
So as far as replacing the joy stick and the buttons - how much am I looking to spend including shipping?
Just want to do the price comparison and see what will be my total, and if its too much - I will just buy this hori I guess.[/QUOTE]

a joystick is say around 25 bucks, buttons are like 3 dollars each

And the deal is dead. Was greedy and waiting for my $10 GT5 credit......now up to something like $82 and change....that's off the top of my head....definitely over $80 now.

[quote name='Shadow Cloud']Thank you guys for the tutorial sites. Where's the best place to order Sanwa buttons if I desire them?[/QUOTE]

LizardLick is probably the best place for parts.

bread's done
Back