Super Meat Boy Pre-order - $10 (Steam Version)

GenJox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/40800/

Much like the 360 version of Super Meat Boy, early adopters save $5. It doesn't come out until next Tuesday so I don't think that there will be any chance for a BF sale.

One thing that you should note is that there are two versions of the game on PC - the Steam version has the Headcrab as a playable character and all other versions have the Goo ball (from WoG) as a playable character. Both replace Gish from the 360 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks op. I think I will wait for Steam's holiday sale to hopefully pick this up even cheaper (already have the 360 version, so no rush).

[quote name='daminion']pre-orders on digital content makes me laugh. it's not like they are going to have a shortage on the day of release.[/QUOTE]

$5 less, read before you post.

[quote name='daminion']pre-orders on digital content makes me laugh. it's not like they are going to have a shortage on the day of release.[/QUOTE]
That's not entirely true. Most games on Steam still have associated CD keys and they can run out of those. Last Holiday sale Steam ran out of CD keys for Bioshock and couldn't sell anymore during the sale.

[quote name='rybrad']That's not entirely true. Most games on Steam still have associated CD keys and they can run out of those. Last Holiday sale Steam ran out of CD keys for Bioshock and couldn't sell anymore during the sale.[/QUOTE]

Actually it was Prey that ran out of CD Keys, and Bioshock was bought in to take it's place. And then Prey got delisted from the store for purchase.

[quote name='Rirse']Actually it was Prey that ran out of CD Keys, and Bioshock was bought in to take it's place. And then Prey got delisted from the store for purchase.[/QUOTE]
Whoops, you're right, confused the two; point is still valid though!

[quote name='Rirse']And then Prey got delisted from the store for purchase.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow. Good thing I already registered my retail copy with them.

[quote name='paz9x']we need all the characters. im buying it regardless.[/QUOTE]
^THIS!

I'm mad that it works that way. Maybe down the road they can add back the XBLA content. I doubt it but ya know, there's hope.

World of Goo character will be available with the Steam version as well. But the headcrab won't be on non-Steam. So really, there's only one place to buy this. ;)

From SMB site

To be fair, when was the last time you went to a major electronics store on day of release and found a big name title sold out, anyway?

Shortages on software are fairly rare these days.

Pre-orders are good for companies, ensuring sales on day one at full price, and good for gamers (lately), as we get badass bonuses (like Amazon and Kmart coupons).

bread's done
Back