Axl Rose is a douchebag.

Clak

CAGiversary!
Anyone else read this?

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/am...sh-results-in-20-million-guitar-hero-lawsuit/

Basically Axl is suing Activision over Slash and some Velvet Revolver songs being in GH3. Yeah that's right, years after the release of the game, now he's suddenly pissed.

This made me lol though:

Why would Axl's lawsuit arrive three years after the release of "Guitar Hero III"? The Amp likes to imagine that during a brief hiatus in the GN'R tour, Rose headed to his local Best Buy to get a jump on some Black Friday shopping. While pushing his cart down the discount video game aisle, he saw the box for "Guitar Hero III" with Slash on the cover and got perturbed. After purchasing the game along with the new deluxe "Avatar" DVD and Nicki Minaj's "Pink Friday," Axl drove back to his home in the Hollywood Hills to see if GNR's music was in fact in the game, only to discover that he bought an XBox 360 copy of "GH3" and he only owned a Playstation 3. Down but not defeated, Rose then realized that he could simply go on Wikipedia to see the game's track list. And then he called his lawyer.

Axl Rose is a douchebag because Activision broke the agreement that they wouldn't put any Velvet Revolver songs in the game if he licensed them Welcome To The Jungle?

They didn't steal anything. Granted they may have broken an agreement, but why did it take 3 years for him to suddenly care? The truth is he just hates Slash and and that has more to do with it than anything else. It's a stupid thing to even make a demand like that. Velvet Revolver was no threat to him, he just has a deep seated hatred for Slash.

[quote name='Clak']They didn't steal anything. Granted they may have broken an agreement, but why did it take 3 years for him to suddenly care? The truth is he just hates Slash and and that has more to do with it than anything else. It's a stupid thing to even make a demand like that. Velvet Revolver was no threat to him, he just has a deep seated hatred for Slash.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much it. I mean, Welcome to the Jungle was also just as much of Axl's song as it was Slash's.

Either way, Axl is, and always has been, a douchebag. You can see various examples of that in his history.

[quote name='Clak']

This made me lol though:
Why would Axl's lawsuit arrive three years after the release of "Guitar Hero III"? The Amp likes to imagine that during a brief hiatus in the GN'R tour, Rose headed to his local Best Buy to get a jump on some Black Friday shopping. While pushing his cart down the discount video game aisle, he saw the box for "Guitar Hero III" with Slash on the cover and got perturbed. After purchasing the game along with the new deluxe "Avatar" DVD and Nicki Minaj's "Pink Friday," Axl drove back to his home in the Hollywood Hills to see if GNR's music was in fact in the game, only to discover that he bought an XBox 360 copy of "GH3" and he only owned a Playstation 3. Down but not defeated, Rose then realized that he could simply go on Wikipedia to see the game's track list. And then he called his lawyer. [/QUOTE]

This isn't funny. Everyone KNOWS Axl only has a Wii.

You know who the real douche bag is?
CheapyD.
He deleted the entire CAG photo album but still has an entire thread just for people who look like him stickied.

I can't believe some of you would cheer this dick move on just for a (most likely unwarranted) hatred of Activision.

Even if it was in the contract (which has yet to be proven), it's still a dick move to even consider a stipulation like that. I mean, really Axel?

I just want to know where he's been the last few years? Was he living under a rock the last few years of producing Chinese Democracy? Talk about a delayed reaction.

[quote name='BigPopov']I can't believe some of you would cheer this dick move on just for a (most likely unwarranted) hatred of Activision.

Even if it was in the contract (which has yet to be proven), it's still a dick move to even consider a stipulation like that. I mean, really Axel?[/QUOTE]

Activision agreed to it. If they had a problem with the terms, they should have passed on Welcome To The Jungle instead of lying to Axl and his people. Axl does have a right to decide how his brand is used.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sporadic']Activision agreed to it. If they had a problem with it, they should have passed on Welcome To The Jungle instead of lying to Axl and his people. Axl does have a right to decide how his brand is used.[/QUOTE]

^ this. It isn't like they couldn't have sold Slash being part of the game without his GNR songs.

I must say that I am shocked that so fine a man as Axl Rose would in any way be associated with douchebaggery.

SHOCKED, I say!

bread's done
Back