Sony Store $9.99 Game Clearance (Again)

Eoyote

CAGiversary!
Taken from RFD...

It seems the Sony Store is clearing out a bunch of games @ $9.99 again. Check the below images for a list of qualifying titles. Hopefully the prices stay in effect for longer than a day this time. If a game on the below list is priced differently in store, have them scan it as it SHOULD come up as correct price.

Good Luck ;)

[quote name='zeze']Eoyote, did you find anything this time around? I think we go to the same store.[/QUOTE]

Won't be able to really check out anything till later this evening. Not sure what will be left by then, though (hoping for Star Ocean, White Knight & Marvel Ultimate Alliance). I plan to check out Chinook/Southcentre although I should probably just phone around before I waste time looking for stuff that might be out of stock.

I plan to hit the Southcentre store soon. I have to take transit though so it will take me about an hour to get there and back :(

I'll let you know if i find anything. Of course calling would be easier, but i think it's better to see for myself, and i need to get out today anyway lol

[quote name='Eoyote']Won't be able to really check out anything till later this evening. Not sure what will be left by then, though (hoping for Star Ocean, White Knight & Marvel Ultimate Alliance). I plan to check out Chinook/Southcentre although I should probably just phone around before I waste time looking for stuff that might be out of stock.[/QUOTE]

I was at Chinook yesterday, and someboy clearly came before me and bought alot of stuff as alot of the racks were empty. All they had were 6 copies of Assassin's Creed 2, alot of copies of Avatar, both Prince of Persia, the Wolverine game, GI Joe, and some other bargin bin games. I don't know if they restocked today though.

So much competition in Calgary now (just joking), at least we do not hoard. :D

was at eaton centre store today and saw a bin...not sure how much is new to the 9.99 bin, but i saw beatles rock band, rock band: metal track pack, nhl 10, madden 10, terminator: salvation, damnation, GI Joe, and dark void. there were a few others that i don't recall.

[quote name='zeze']I was at Chinook yesterday, and someboy clearly came before me and bought alot of stuff as alot of the racks were empty. All they had were 6 copies of Assassin's Creed 2, alot of copies of Avatar, both Prince of Persia, the Wolverine game, GI Joe, and some other bargin bin games. I don't know if they restocked today though.

So much competition in Calgary now (just joking), at least we do not hoard. :D[/QUOTE]

Bummer. I'm tempted to call all over the city for Star Ocean/White Knight as I love me some RPGs :bouncy: I'm just glad we don't have to compete with anyone in Ontario. The amount of people that frequent RFD from over there is massive in comparison to us or anywhere else in Canada it would seem.

Sunridge Mall location has been swiped clean. fuckers. Yeah, Star Ocean is a great deal at $9.99 - I wouldn't have time to play 'n' beat it, but it'd be nice to have it in my collection, as I was quite interested in it a year ago.

You just gotta wonder what kinda people are making their way this fast into the stores - trying to get deals in Calgary these days is like trying to get a fucking Turbo Man doll on christmas eve.

[quote name='Eoyote']Bummer. I'm tempted to call all over the city for Star Ocean/White Knight as I love me some RPGs :bouncy: I'm just glad we don't have to compete with anyone in Ontario. The amount of people that frequent RFD from over there is massive in comparison to us or anywhere else in Canada it would seem.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to worry about me getting Star Ocean or White Knight as I don't want them. But if i see them when I go out tommorrow, I will let you know.

I don't think I've ever seen this many users from Calgary on any one deal before. We're taking over! On second thought, this could be bad. . . :lol:

Aye, although if we all joined forces...

dr-evil-02.jpg

shifty.gif

I tried market mall yesterday but there were not a lot of good choices left. (No GoW3, FFXIII, SO4). I did pick up a copy of WKC. They had a couple left yesterday. They also had AC2, DA:O, Wolverine and Madden 10 left.

Just got back from Southcenter location (calgary). First off, I really really hate malls!!! I managed to get R&C tools of destrucion and PoP forgotten sands. Everything else was either sold out or just crap i didn't want or already had.

If anyone is interested they still have a few copies of PoP as well as RB:Beatles, RB: Metal Pack, Resistance 2, Dark Void, Madden 10, MLB 07, Damnation, Avatar, and Wolverine.

I'm just waiting for a sale on psp games from anywhere. Didn't even see many good deals for psp games in the states.

[quote name='telepathy']Apparently there was a post on rfd that said that bayshore is cleaned out. Q_Q me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went there this morning before work. There were a few titles at 10 bucks, but nothing really worth it. I recall stuff like NHL '10, Damnation, Dark Sector...possibly gone by now.

I'm tempted to give it another look, but the last time I went it was a total let down. I'm sure someone from RFD has raided the Edmonton stores by now...

[quote name='craig64']I'm tempted to give it another look, but the last time I went it was a total let down. I'm sure someone from RFD has raided the Edmonton stores by now...[/QUOTE]
+1, fucking RFD

Anyone know if the Vancouver stores are cleared out yet? I have a feeling they've already been raid...

Thanks OP. I managed to get Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Army of Two: 40th Day and White Knight Chronicles, so I'm pretty happy with the haul. Especially since two of them qualify for EB trade in deals.

[quote name='Bamm']Thanks OP. I managed to get Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Army of Two: 40th Day and White Knight Chronicles, so I'm pretty happy with the haul. Especially since two of them qualify for EB trade in deals.[/QUOTE]

Everything was cleared out near me... I am envious of AofT 40th and WKC... Looking to snag both of them :p

I was at the Halifax Shopping Center Sony Store and i bought PoP:Forgotton Sands and White Knight Chronicles

they didn't have Kane and Lynch tho nor Modern Warfare 2 but they had one more copy of POP FS and WKC and some copies of AC2 and Killzone 2 and DA:O

their was probably a few more titles but i can't remember ( no GH stuff i remember that now ) they also may have had DarkVoid if i recall correctly.

anyways. Maybe the Sony Style store is now doing this $9.99 sale thing more commonly perhaps i always looked at that store as the most expensive no deals period store. But hey these prices are beating the Black Friday deals so Kudos To Sony ! :applause:

[quote name='TripleQ']Vancouver was cleared out within hours.. lots of traders there.[/QUOTE]

I thought so, so ya not going to bother leaving the comfort of my home.

Was only able to find Wolverine, Forgotten Sands and Riddick. I had called ahead to Southcentre and was told they still had a While Knight left which I had them hold for me. When I got there they told me it had been stolen. Yeah, sounds more than a little fishy to me. Not surprised I can't find a copy of it or Star Ocean as I'm guessing they can still be used for trades :roll:

Went to South Common (Edmonton) - cleared out as you'd expect. One copy of Mini Ninjas, that's the only thing that really made me blink.

[quote name='Eoyote']Was only able to find Wolverine, Forgotten Sands and Riddick. I had called ahead to Southcentre and was told they still had a While Knight left which I had them hold for me. When I got there they told me it had been stolen. Yeah, sounds more than a little fishy to me. Not surprised I can't find a copy of it or Star Ocean as I'm guessing they can still be used for trades :roll:[/QUOTE]

when I went to the southcentre store, the staff that was ringing me up was acting really weird. He kept looking past me to the entrance of the store distracted by something. Nobody was there though that I saw, so maybe they did have a theft earlier in the day, or maybe he was checking out girls? lol

Anyway, there was no WKC there when i went around 2pm, unless it was hidden somewhere.

I went to WEM after work last night and manged to pick up DA:O and R&C:CiT. no WKC of FFXIII. Some Fifa.NHL/Madden 10, the bromance game (army of 2 40th day) Wolverine and a few others not really good enough to mention.

Those looking for Ratchet and Clank titles are better off to hit EB since they are selling for $9.99 used (along with KZ2 and Uncharted).

Was a bit disappointed that the hoarders got to this one first. Was hoping to get on WKC or FFXIII.

Earlier yesterday morning I called all the locations in my area that showed up on Sony Store's website, all Star Oceans were cleared out. Damn. I really wanted that one.

[quote name='4got10']I went to WEM after work last night and manged to pick up DA:O and R&C:CiT. no WKC of FFXIII. Some Fifa.NHL/Madden 10, the bromance game (army of 2 40th day) Wolverine and a few others not really good enough to mention.

Those looking for Ratchet and Clank titles are better off to hit EB since they are selling for $9.99 used (along with KZ2 and Uncharted).

Was a bit disappointed that the hoarders got to this one first. Was hoping to get on WKC or FFXIII.[/QUOTE]

WOOT ARMY OF TWO is still availaible??!!? NICEEE

Yeah, the Bayshore location in Ottawa only had a few $10 games left as of yesterday night, but they were probably not the ones most people are looking for; not the ones being mentioned here at least.

Sorry, can't remember the titles. Think it might have been Madden 10, Lost Planet #1, and some old music/rhythm game.

Either Moncton, NB was cleaned out or they had jack to begin with.

I picked up Prince of Persia. There wasn't much else. Sad as I really wanted army of two and Kane & Lynch. Oh well maybe next time. :)

yesterday, went to the windsor location (devonshire mall)
only ones of interest were both ratchet and clank games for my gf (I played them both already)
we find the first one, so the guy is going thru the big stack of games, finds the second one and PUTS IT ASIDE FOR HIMSELF!!!!!
i go, guy, what the hell are you doing
oh i'm gonna buy this for my nephew for christmas
but i specifically told you I was looking for both R&C games, and i'm here to buy them
but its the same game **looks at cover** oh, its not. But come on, this is for a 7 year old for christmas dude (he was telling me about 5-6 other games he bought before this for him/his nephew)

i'm not a confrontational person (but if I want to be, I can), but looking back, I should have exploded at this guy

[quote name='Faytz']Anyone know if the Vancouver stores are cleared out yet? I have a feeling they've already been raid...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I work at Metrotown, there was nothing but the crappy games left at that one. I want Star Ocean soooooooooo bad at that price, oh well.

I'm really confused... I went yesterday to the Sony Style Store in the Westfield Valley Fair Mall in Santa Clara, CA, and had them ring up White Knight Chronicles, Fifa 10, and a few others on the list and they were all ringing up at full price. The employees knew nothing about the clearance, and kinda made me feel dumb about asking... Soooo, what the hell is going on!!??

@Darshminder

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but this deal is posted in the Canada forum. I'm guessing that it isn't valid in the states. If it is any consolation, most of the good games were pretty scarce so you aren't missing much.

You know it's gotten to a point when you don't even have an interest in these 'clearance' type sales due to the abundance of hoarders around the GTA. Would've been nice to grab a few games, but by the time I put pants on and drive to the closest Sony Store, all the good stock is gonezo. Of course, if a fellow CAG snagged some extra's I would love to buy a copy of Star Ocean or WKC for a reasonable price, but alas, doesn't seem too many people here had much luck!

[quote name='game_fanatic']You know it's gotten to a point when you don't even have an interest in these 'clearance' type sales due to the abundance of hoarders around the GTA. Would've been nice to grab a few games, but by the time I put pants on and drive to the closest Sony Store, all the good stock is gonezo. Of course, if a fellow CAG snagged some extra's I would love to buy a copy of Star Ocean or WKC for a reasonable price, but alas, doesn't seem too many people here had much luck![/QUOTE]

Agreed. There are a few locations in particular that are terrible for hoarders - to the point it's not even worth trying to cash in on deals half the time.

(Oddly, one benefit of being a Wii gamer is that people seem much less interested in hoarding for the system. Probably not as profitable?)

[quote name='game_fanatic']You know it's gotten to a point when you don't even have an interest in these 'clearance' type sales due to the abundance of hoarders around the GTA. Would've been nice to grab a few games, but by the time I put pants on and drive to the closest Sony Store, all the good stock is gonezo. Of course, if a fellow CAG snagged some extra's I would love to buy a copy of Star Ocean or WKC for a reasonable price, but alas, doesn't seem too many people here had much luck![/QUOTE]

You surf CAG with no pants on? I thought it was an urban myth.

Actually ejamer, Wii games are hoard-bait as well since they retain high TIV's. Just look at the FS list for the TV: all recent releases except for the Wii first-party games (Zelda is 4 years old!)

^this

bread's done
Back