Games that surprisingly weren't on sale for Black Friday

kodave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I only have a Wii and DS so feel free to chime in with other consoles or PC games.

I'm really really surprised that:

A Boy and His Blob wasn't sub-$15
No More Heroes 2 wasn't sub-$15
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles wasn't on sale anywhere but Target Clearance. I would have expected it to be lowered to $20 if not actually on sale for $15 or less on Amazon/Game Stop
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing for Wii wasn't $15 or less anywhere

At least the Wii versions of Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and Dead Space Extraction hit sub-$15 in the week prior to BF, along with Endless Ocean: Blue World for $16ish.

Though I already have them and wasn't checking, I don't think I saw any cheap sales for Rayman Raving Rabbids (1, 2, TV Party) or Rabbids Go Home and usually those are a BF staple for sub-$15 or less.

Costco came through with a couple niche titles for $10 prior to BF that I picked up, so that was good.

Overall I only purchased one game this entire BF (it'll be 2 if I get Spider-Man on DS from Amazon come Monday).

At least the TV on DVD deals were good (picked up 18 seasons of various shows for myself and for gifts for family members). DVD movie sales were pretty shitty when compared to Bluray prices. Guess they're going to force covert people by hitting our wallets (why pay $5 for a DVD movie when the Bluray is only $2 more, or in many cases, the same price?)

TRU (and others) were trying desperately to clear out Bakugan for Wii at $9.99 during their last B2G1 sale. I'm sure if they had them as a doorbuster, they could have sold them all for $14.99 easily given the stuff I saw people buying for more than they should have paid.

Rabbids was on sale a few places, but your best bet was Meijer: any game $19.99 or less was half price. Perfect place for sub $10 games... Wii, DS, and all other systems.

Alan Wake and Heavy Rain weren't Amazon Lightning Deals at any point? I could have sworn I saw those names come up in one of those threads hundreds of pages long.

[quote name='kodave']Alan Wake and Heavy Rain weren't Amazon Lightning Deals at any point? I could have sworn I saw those names come up in one of those threads hundreds of pages long.[/QUOTE]

It just was a lightning deal for $34.99

i'm surprised that very few psp games were on sale anywhere this year. I was hoping ace combat, valkyria chronicles 2, y's, and ghost of sparta would have been on sale.

As for PS3 games, I really wanted the sly collection and Hawx 2 to drop in price a bit. Considering the first Hawx dropped like a rock, i thought this one would too. It will probably drop after xmas.

[quote name='antlp89']Call of Duty: Black Ops[/QUOTE]

I thought the latest COD historically doesn't really go on sale or have any good deals until after Black Friday and closer to Christmas time - so in that sense its not surprising there weren't any real sales or deals for it.

The fact that the StupidCenter Walmart I went to at midnight had 0 copies of A Boy and His Blob surprised me. Less than 2 weeks ago they had about 30, and they hadn't sold any for weeks. Make me believe they added it to the $10 sale.

[quote name='kodave']I only have a Wii and DS so feel free to chime in with other consoles or PC games.

I'm really really surprised that:

A Boy and His Blob wasn't sub-$15[/QUOTE]
A Boy & His Blob is on clearance at Sears if you can find a copy. I think it was $5 when I picked up a copy about 2-3 months ago.
DVD movie sales were pretty shitty when compared to Bluray prices. Guess they're going to force covert people by hitting our wallets (why pay $5 for a DVD movie when the Bluray is only $2 more, or in many cases, the same price?)
Meh. They'll never convert me to Blu-Ray, as my only Blu-Ray player is my PS3 and I refuse to use a GAMING machine to watch fuckin' movies. Besides which I watch maybe 1-2 new release movies a year and of those I typically just wait till the DVD version comes out and I buy that from a local shop for $3 used.

Otherwise there hasn't been many movies that I've really given two shits about in recent years.
[quote name='saad77']As for PS3 games, I really wanted the sly collection and Hawx 2 to drop in price a bit. Considering the first Hawx dropped like a rock, i thought this one would too. It will probably drop after xmas.[/QUOTE]
Hawx 2 was on sale at Gamestop a few weeks ago for $19.99.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. The one game I really wanted to get and it wasn't on sale anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Yep I would say this one as well.

Amazon had Alan Wake CE for $30 and Heavy Rain for $35 as pre-BF deals.

[quote name='saad77']i'm surprised that very few psp games were on sale anywhere this year. I was hoping ace combat, valkyria chronicles 2, y's, and ghost of sparta would have been on sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was mostly looking to pick up some PSP games this year, so there didn't seem to be anything of interest to me. Only decent deals were Peace Walker and Birth By Sleep, and I already had those. I think Valkyria Chronicles 2 is on sale for $29.99 at Amazon though, not a huge sale, but better than nothing.

dead rising 2. Amazon had it one had till about 6:15 am for 35, but no one was up that early and nowhere else had any deals on it.

[quote name='antlp89']Call of Duty: Black Ops[/QUOTE]

The PC version was on sale online at Target.com for $9.99 It lasted only minutes, but so do many BF deals.

[quote name='51jack']dead rising 2. Amazon had it one had till about 6:15 am for 35, but no one was up that early and nowhere else had any deals on it.[/QUOTE]
So wait, Amazon had it on a deal for $35 but you were expecting other places to mark it down for BF or you just didn't pull the trigger quick enough on the Amazon deal or.....?

I don't see the problem here. To get a game that's only two months old for almost half off is a hell of a deal.

I picked up a couple of the XBLA titles that were on sale this week: Zombie Apocalypse and Monkey Island 2, but I was disappointed by the Black Friday deals. Two great games that I already have (Splosion Man and Trials HD) that have both been on sale before, and a few others I couldn't care less about. I was hoping for deals on Hydro Thunder Hurricane, Deathspank, Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light and/or Hydrophobia. Too soon, I guess.

I wanted to see the Beyblade games go on sale, and I was unable to find the Bakugan collector's edition for $10 online, but those were minor wants and those games will drop in price somewhere eventually. I will probably try these games eventually as the concepts seem like they would make fun games.

I would have liked to see a deal for rune factory 3 DS, and $14.99 on the lunar collector's edition for PSP. Also I was waiting for the Sakura wars PS2 or Wii editions to go on sale but they didn't.

Some of the games I wanted were probably too new to have deals though.

bread's done
Back