Looking for Rurouni Kenshin (series)

Hell Monkey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
80 (100%)
I'm looking to finally watch Rurouni Kenshin. The DVDs are pretty expensive on amazon. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to get the series cheaper or where it is available to watch online.

They released the series in a limited edition season set and a cheaper season set. There are 3 seasons altogether. I think the cheaper seasons are still in print but if you're looking for the premium ones you can find them on Amazon or Half.com. I have the first two premium ones on Half.com myself.

I can almost guarantee you that that's a bootleg version. If they don't show the pic, that usually means its a bootleg. The individual box sets and the complete series set are really pricey right now. (the complete series being $111 on rightstuf, currently). I suggest waiting for the the 12 days on that sale, you may find it on there for cheap. Although, someone appears to be selling each season collection for $20-30, and they don't appear to be bootlegs, so if you go that way, check their feedback to make sure they don't usually sell bootlegs.

Keep in mind the version of Rurouni Kenshin that Soft Nugget linked is the one with the horrible horrible dub. As someone who prefers English dubbed anime, I couldn't stand the voices in it, and much prefer the dub that is on the Media Blasters dvd release and aired on Toonami.

It's $102.27 at Deep Discount at the moment, which isn't too bad for a show that is 95 episodes long (although about a third of it is pretty bad filler...)

The ioffer link is absolutely bootleg- the TV series and the OAV/movie were liscensed by different companies in America, anything that includes both in the same release is fake.

Here's the breakdown: the TV series has been released 4 times: singles, limited boxes, economy boxes, full series. The full series is the economy boxes stuck in a cheap outer box. All releases use the excact same DVD content- so buy whatever's cheapest.

The OAVs and movie get trickier: both were re-released a couple years after they first hit the market with new/altered footage. I know there's 2 releases of the OAVs (the original and the 'director's cut' which has the new/altered footage). I don't think the movie's seen more than 1 release in the US, despite the different versions. Due to some weird liscensing thing, ADV released the OAV/movie under the name 'Samurai X' in America, so search that to make sure you're getting the right releases.

bread's done
Back