Question about the Netflix channel

Inunah

CAG Veteran
With the Netflix channel being 0 points, does this mean I don't need to pay for a Netflix subscription?

Like the other person said, the app itself is free but you need an active subscription to use it as it'll ask you to activate it where you'll need legitimate account details to complete the process.

If you're wondering how well it works, not as sharp as it looks on the PS3 but still pretty good even on a larger TV provided that the quality of the video is good as some of the streaming stuff has poor quality.

It works really well on the Wii, and if you've got kids who want to watch cartoons like SpongeBob, you'll never notice the difference between this and the 360 version. Actually you will notice a difference, and a significant one, if you have a slower internet connection like we do (DSL) - the Wii Netflix client never hiccups whereas the 360 version does, and not infrequently. So depending on your situation, Netflix on Wii could be better for you. I still prefer to watch movies on the 360 because I keep hoping it's not going to hiccup, and the HD looks great when it's working well, but I sometimes swear I'll give up on it for good. :)

[quote name='Inunah']WTF That's bullshit, not worth my time at all. >.>[/QUOTE]

Huh? So I guess buying games isn't worth your time either...

[quote name='crunchewy']It works really well on the Wii, and if you've got kids who want to watch cartoons like SpongeBob, you'll never notice the difference between this and the 360 version. Actually you will notice a difference, and a significant one, if you have a slower internet connection like we do (DSL) - the Wii Netflix client never hiccups whereas the 360 version does, and not infrequently. So depending on your situation, Netflix on Wii could be better for you. I still prefer to watch movies on the 360 because I keep hoping it's not going to hiccup, and the HD looks great when it's working well, but I sometimes swear I'll give up on it for good. :)[/QUOTE]

Is there really all that much of a difference, considering that Netflix isn't streaming HD anyways?

So far I haven't been that impressed with any of the Netflix clients...although come to think of it I haven't tried the built-in Playstation one yet. But I've had the disc one crash my Playstation, the built in one crash my Xbox and my Tivo.

I like the Tivo one's interface the best, except my Tivo's expensive and theoretically could get corrupted or something from crashing it, so I never, ever use that one. When my consoles crash, well no big deal.

I pay for the cheapest DSL I can get and they all seem to work as far as that goes.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I like the Tivo one's interface the best[/QUOTE]

Unless they made huge improvements with the interface on Tivo Premere, I don't know how you can say that. The interface on my TivoHD only rises to the level of functional because you can only select shows that are on your queue.

Since I got the Wii, I almost exclusively watch my Netflix stuff on there. Easy to browse the library to find stuff that might not be on your queue and an ability to search online for something the 4 year old might want to what NOW! :lol:

Well fast forwarding/rewinding/etc. actually work right, whereas anything more advanced than play/pause was iffy on my Wii...but then my Wii is practically disposable, so that's where I'm going to run stuff :lol:

I've "just" got a Tivo HD XL too. (And an old Series 2 that I may just replace with a Premier XL if the drive dies...could technically replace the drive at that point, but I might as well add a fourth tuner to the mix + HD on all three tuners)

[quote name='Inunah']WTF That's bullshit, not worth my time at all. >.>[/QUOTE]

So you thought the Netflix channel being 0 points meant you could automatically watch Movies? Umm yeah I don't think so I have it and love it.
Of course you would need a netflix subscription to use the Netflix channel.

If you saw a Gamefly channel on there for 0 Points and all you had to do was click on it and everything was free? :roll:

I love that that's bullshit. I mean Netflix not randomly giving away their already cheap service for free. Of all the things in the world that are bullshit, clearly Netflix charging money is the worst of the worst ;)

Can you use the same Netflix subscriptions on two different Wiis? My dad wants to get a second Wii now that mine is at college, but I already have the Netflix subscription on my account. Will he also be able to use Netflix on his Wii?

[quote name='momouchi']Can you use the same Netflix subscriptions on two different Wiis? My dad wants to get a second Wii now that mine is at college, but I already have the Netflix subscription on my account. Will he also be able to use Netflix on his Wii?[/QUOTE]

I think the limit is 5 devices. Even PC counts as one. But is dead easy to remove devices on your Netflix account page.

bread's done
Back