What system have you gotten the most pleasure from?

snotknocker

CAGiversary!
Throughout my gaming history I have been fortunate to own a variety of systems. Some good and some not so good . Thinking back I feel my NES has provided me with some of the most enjoyable game time hands down. What's system have you gotten the most pleasure from?

I wore my Nintendo 64 out...although I didn't have as many games for it as for NES or any other system, I think the hours I put into it were as enjoyable as I have gotten from any system thusfar.

I'm going to have to say the PS1, just in terms of sheer time spent with it. With the 3 wipeouts and 4 ridge racers, not to mention parappa, DDRs, and various other wierd games, it became my system of choice for almost a half decade.

1. Nintendo 64 (between super mario 64, Ocarina of Time, and I actually liked Perfect Dark!)
2. Gamecube (Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness, and almost any first party game)
3. Sega genesis (Madden and the NHL games!)

I spent more hours playing the Atari VCS than I will probably ever play on any other system for the rest of my life. Then I spent double that amount of time learning to program my own games in basic on a TI99/4A. Things were much simpler then.........

I would have to say the Xbox. I've become quite the social gamer as of late and I really enjoy the online games on Xbox. Although part of the reason I do like it is that it reminds of the younger days when I would spend all afternoon at a friends house playing NES.

I've gotten the most enjoyment out of N64 for its multiplayer. Between the T*HQ wrestling games, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Mario Golf, Mario Party, and of course, Goldeneye, I've had some great four-player bashes. It's hard to top those.

I have a soft spot in my hear for all my systems but right now I may have to say dreamcast. My roommate and I used to play Jedi Power Battles all the time after classes. I think we must have played through it 4 or 5 times. Still one of my favorite Star Wars games (aside from KOTOR).

That I've ever owned: probably the Dreamcast.
Out of the current generation: probably the PS2 right now, but it fluctuates.

dont think anything will match the memories of joy received from my snes, although I think it was more a result of owning that system at that time in my life. ps0ne a close second.

PSX, and PC. PS2 is great, but I've just had too many problems with systems and games not working properly. Never had that at all with PSX. Then when I first got my PC and it was good, PC games looked so much better, and could be patched.

I'd have to say PC. I haven't LAN'ed or played a decent online console game yet, but I have with the PC. Pulling all-nighters with friends with computers hooked together in my basement is what gaming is all about in my opinion.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='CaptainObviousXl']i dont think the pc relly conts[/quote]

why?it is a gaming platform, it has the most games of any system.[/quote]

the PC is like the Neo it will never die!!!

I only mention the Neo, because my local arcad got Metal Slug 5 and I got to play it today!!!

for me overall it is the SNES. Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat II, Mario, and Mega Man X (Sigma= coolest boss music ever IMO)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I only mention the Neo, because my local arcad got Metal Slug 5 and I got to play it today!!![/quote]

i hate you sooo much

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I only mention the Neo, because my local arcad got Metal Slug 5 and I got to play it today!!![/quote]

i hate you sooo much[/quote]

I only played the first level, but it is so much fun. I hope it sees a console release, because if the first level is like the rest of the game then I will be plunking down 50 for it.

I would say my psone. I owned it for like 6 years and went through abotu 4 of them. I had hundreds of psone games over the years.

I would say Genesis and Xbox. I can play Streets of Rage 1 & 2, and Shadow Dancer over and over again, they never get old.

bread's done
Back