Call of Duty: World at War (PS3, 360) $14.99 on Amazon

B

Blackout

I didn't see this posted anywhere else, so hopefully this isn't a duplicate. I came across this on Amazon and figured some of you CAGs would want it. Call of Duty: World at War is $14.99 for both the PS3 and Xbox 360 through Amazon. Free shipping with Amazon Prime. I'm not sure when they dropped the price but I'm guessing it's temporary.

PS3:

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Wor...BYNE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1290976933&sr=8-2

360:

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Wor...IP68/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290976933&sr=8-1

This always sat at about $19-21 for a Used "Like New" copy on Warehouse deals. So great deal for a new copy.

On a more game related question, aside from the introduction of zombie mode (continued in Black Ops), how does it compare to other CoDs? Worth $15?

i never managed to grind out the last few sections of the single player, definetly inferior to MW in that regard. Really liked the multiplayer though. On the PC at least its much slower paced compared to the frag frenzy that is MW and some of the maps are quite literally huge. They released tons of really great additional maps for it since release as well so its hard to get bored of the same old song and dance like with MW2/BO.

My only question would be how active the community still is for the console crowd.

I think its been at this price since Thursday, they are matching Kmarts price. I considered getting it, but decided to pass on it.

I went ahead and bought a copy. I had skipped it previously because of how boring COD3 was but I was pleasantly surprised by Black Ops so I figured I could give it a chance at this price.

My question is why should I buy this game when I can buy Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops? I mean considering the online for this game is probably DEAD.

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']My question is why should I buy this game when I can buy Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops? I mean considering the online for this game is probably DEAD.[/QUOTE]

Not dead. The PS3 still has a sizable community of people playing.

That's a fantastic deal, but it's too bad that I live in New York. With tax and shipping, this game is going to cost $21.74 :cry:. I might as well wait until Newegg gets the PS3 version on sale... hopefully.

Was I seeing things or was there a sale for Call of Duty: The War Collection somewhere on here? I tried to do a search, but CAG doesn't allow for exact phrase searches.

bread's done
Back