12+ Days of Anime / Christmas Sale @ RightStuf.com (Extended to 12/23)

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Anime / Christmas Sale @ RightStuf.com

last-12days.jpg

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier – with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we’ll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CST on December 23rd. (No coupon codes are necessary.)

Please note**: K-drama titles from YA Entertainment will ONLY be available at the 12+ Days sale prices until 11:59 p.m CST on December 13th.

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

** EDIT 1: Honey & Clover, Nana, and Ranma 1/2 sets have gone up in price, and placed in the Weekly Specials

DAY 1 - On the first day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...An amnesiac under the tree.

DAY 2 - On the second day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Two crazed otaku.

DAY 3 - On the third day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Three tempestuous tantrums.

DAY 4 - On the fourth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Four hip-hop fighters.

DAY 5 - On the fifth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Five Dragon Slaves!

DAY 6 - On the sixth day of Christmas, Santa Kleckner gave to me... Six meisters slashing.

DAY 7 - On the seventh day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Seven avenging angels.

DAY 8 - On the eighth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Eight missing memories.

DAY 9 - On the ninth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Nine mages training.

DAY 10 - On the tenth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Ten tempting treasures!

DAY 11 - On the eleventh day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...11 maidens strolling.

DAY 12 - On the twelfth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me…Twelve heroes battling.

DAY 13 - A Bundle of Anime Joy!

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Bargains (Still Ongoing For Now) | ** While Supplies Last!

Everything Else (from Bargain Bins, Weekly Specials,...subjected to change):

Last edited by a moderator:
Tagging this. Been wondering when out was going to start. Was hoping all year that Lucky Star SEs would be sold in a bundle for cheap, like Haruhi was, but now I don't have enough room to display them =P

silly question, but what are Hybrid formats? i think the site is being hammered (or is just slow loading for me) so i can't dig up more information. i'm guessing Blu-ray on 1 side & DVD on the other?

[quote name='basis']silly question, but what are Hybrid formats? i think the site is being hammered (or is just slow loading for me) so i can't dig up more information. i'm guessing Blu-ray on 1 side & DVD on the other?[/QUOTE]

That just means they have both the dub and original Japanese language tracks on the disc.

Urrgh, I'll probably be picking up Eden of the East and Skull Man before this sale is over. My wallet is still hurting from all the Black Friday deals...

Nothing for me so far. I like that they are doing K-Dramas, but I already own a Prince's First Love.

I'm actually hoping they don't put up too many good deals. Spent too much on BF.. lol

[quote name='Brian9824']Kirin have you seen Eden of the East? If so how is it? That and SKull Man seem intrestng[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, I *haven't* seen Eden of the East yet. It's received almost universal praise, though, and it sounds like something that'd be right up my alley.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Believe it or not, I *haven't* seen Eden of the East yet. It's received almost universal praise, though, and it sounds like something that'd be right up my alley.[/QUOTE]

Rumor mill the Eden of the East Movie coming out soon :)

Maybe a silly question but...

Are the DAY 1 deals only good for that day, meaning it won't be "On Sale" come tomorrow, and so fort?

[quote name='Masterkyo']Rumor mill the Eden of the East Movie coming out soon :)[/QUOTE]

But there are two movies.... I saw the first 4 episodes, and it was enough for me to preorder the series. However, I haven't finished it, so I can't say definitively. I believe the series doesn't end until movie two, which might affect some people's decisions. Also, the main characters look so much like Hagu and Morita that it's sometimes a little distracting.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Rumor mill the Eden of the East Movie coming out soon :)[/QUOTE]

It's not just a rumor - the first film is set to be released on DVD and Blu-ray on March 22nd of next year. The story wraps up with the second movie, but the TV series has its own pseudo-ending as well.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Maybe a silly question but...

Are the DAY 1 deals only good for that day, meaning it won't be "On Sale" come tomorrow, and so fort?[/QUOTE]
Per first post...
[quote name='WTK']Each day, we’ll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until midnight, December 13th. (No coupon codes are necessary.)[/QUOTE]

I saw Eden the series and I would say it's still open-ended. It was an interesting series to watch, but I'm not sure I liked it enough to buy it.

[quote name='Brian9824']Vandread is more of a comedy then a giant robo show and is absolutely great. I highly suggest it to anyone who doesn't own it. It even gets pretty dark towards end.

Let me get a trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Jbge0OYrk[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is more like a comedy about the battle of the sexes and learning to live together than a giant robo show, tho it does have that aspect of it. Personally, I love the show, but I know my friends weren't quite as thrilled with it when I tried showing it to them.

The opening showing the Evil Bloodthirsty women who suck the lifeforce out of Men was totally worth the full price for the series :)

Plus i love the music ;-)

I got a bunch of meh on my latest blind buy. Everything was thrown up on Goozex. Got all 3 Coyote Ragtime volumes for $5, Saint Seiya collection 1 for $10, Dan*Doh for $10, DMC Vol. 1 for $1, and more Elemental Gelade plates for $1. If I get rid of them all on Goozex, I'll have somewhat of a profit made, but nothing worth keeping out of it. Been like that the last couple times.

I've already seen RahXephon but wouldn't mind owning it for that price and I haven't seen Eden of the East but 29.99 for the Blu-ray is good enough to pick up I think.

Question: Is there any way to tell if company's are planning to transfer a series to Blu-ray or is it really just the more recent Anime? I've been watching Anime since I was a kid but just started picking up sets/movies recently here and there, it would suck to get a dvd this late only for the blu-ray to come out.

[quote name='USB Cable']Question: Is there any way to tell if company's are planning to transfer a series to Blu-ray or is it really just the more recent Anime? I've been watching Anime since I was a kid but just started picking up sets/movies recently here and there, it would suck to get a dvd this late only for the blu-ray to come out.[/QUOTE]

The more recent, native-HD shows are more likely to be released on Blu-ray, though Funimation sometimes upscales an older show as a cash-in. Those releases aren't worth upgrading for unless you absolutely *need* a lossless audio track.

finally some life outta rightstuf, even if it is their annual sale. is it just me or have they been kinda quiet on the sales this year? eden of the east on blu is lookin mighty tempting.....

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The more recent, native-HD shows are more likely to be released on Blu-ray, though Funimation sometimes upscales an older show as a cash-in. Those releases aren't worth upgrading for unless you absolutely *need* a lossless audio track.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, I'll be picking up some of my older favorites in the coming months most likely. I keep forgetting Anime is normal television in Japan and most if not all are in HD now even though I'm up to date with some of em via crunchyroll. #-o

Good price for Tenchi in Tokyo for the five of us that don't think that series is a complete trainwreck...

Now that I think about it, it's frighteningly similar to some of the seasons of Sailor Moon... hmm.

Also Van Dread is good for the first season, but then it gets a little long in the tooth. Don't know why more anime can't maintain a consistent level of quality like Cowboy Bebop and Lain.

Eden of the East is tempting, but I didn't snag it. Hoped on Amazon's sale first... guess it all depends on how long that they keep the prices down.

And Trigun is still only $24.99... that alone is way more temping than Eden.

[quote name='zenintrude']Good price for Tenchi in Tokyo for the five of us that don't think that series is a complete trainwreck...[/QUOTE]
My brother is a huge Tenchi fan and he even passed up on the deal. I agree that the series is crap, but I wasn't exactly a huge fan of Muyo/Universe either but he loved them...

Fuuuuuuuck, that Champloo blu price is good... but not when I have to buy $16 more of stuff I absolutely don't need to get it shipped free.

FML

Claymore is a good series as well. Fortunately, I already have it at about that price. (Tho, I kinda regret that I don't have it on Blu-ray)

Out of the current items they've posted that are on BluRay, Eden Of The East and Afro Samurai are the only items that aren't upscaled to BD, right?

[quote name='shrike4242']Out of the current items they've posted that are on BluRay, Eden Of The East and Afro Samurai are the only items that aren't upscaled to BD, right?[/QUOTE]
Anime-wise you would be correct. I have added the HD/upscale notation on the first post as well.

Samurai Champloo was on sale at Gamestop a few months ago for $24.99.

Amazon has Claymore for $39.99, so knocking $5 off isn't really that much of a sale, plus I'm kind of spoiled with Gamestop and Amazon's anime sales price of $24.99-ish. So this price could definitely be lower.

With my huge backlog, I can wait another year to pick these up when the price drops lower like it did with "Samuai 7" at $19.99 eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple non 12-days deals:

Yeah so far i'm just looking at Skull Man and maybe Eden of the East. Still 8 days to go and a big climax. Typically Rightstuf has a few gems scattered in their sales though

I'm totally picking up seasons 1 and 2 of Kenichi, tho I will wait till the end of the sale to actually purchase them since it doesn't look like the prices drop from previous day's sales. I started getting them on Netflix, but changed my plan to streaming only when that came out, so I can't anymore. Plus, I prefer owning good anime anyway. I feel like it's much more re-watchable that most TV shows.

EDIT: Now that I think about it... I don't think I've ever bought more anime in one month than I have this holiday season. Hell, I pretty much limit myself to like 1 per year and I have orders for 5 different shows between Amazon and this heh.

These "Sales" really suck. Most of these things are about 5$ less than they are on amazon. That's not exactly an exciting sale =(

bread's done
Back