EB/GameStop Daily Door Crashers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to this (not sure if it matters now), but Guitar Hero: Van Halen (PS3/Xbox 360) was $9.98 on Friday. If you're in an EB and interested in this particular title, maybe you'll get lucky and still have a copy with the $9.98 sticker on it, or it may still be that price today.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Just to add to this (not sure if it matters now), but Guitar Hero: Van Halen (PS3/Xbox 360) was $9.98 on Friday. If you're in an EB and interested in this particular title, maybe you'll get lucky and still have a copy with the $9.98 sticker on it, or it may still be that price today.[/QUOTE]

Good add, thanks!

Van Halen wasn't still marked as $10 on the website, but maybe you could find one marked down in-store if lucky. My local stores didn't have any markings or advertising for these sales, so if you didn't check the website then you might not know there was even a door crasher sale going on.

Disappointed that it isn't multiplayer like FFCC was on the GC. Even a port of the GC game (with DS connectivity maybe?) would've been nice.

Just when I thought this game would never drop its price =(

imported from UK last month for ~$25, and now it is $10 dollars lol

gonna pick up a copy if I can find one :D

Great, I just bought Nier for 20$ from Amazon.COM

oh well it'll probably be gutted at EB and/or low stock anyway. screw them.

Is Nier pretty good? I'm thinking of picking it up on my way home from work today. I might try to PM at Futureshop.

[quote name='Mikass']Is Nier pretty good? I'm thinking of picking it up on my way home from work today. I might try to PM at Futureshop.[/QUOTE]

Well, it seems to be a love it or hate it game. For $10, though, I'm definitely down.

[quote name='Norieaga']How is EB with shipping? I snagged a copy of Nier online.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop ships through Purlator.

I rented Nier back in June on the 360 and loved the game. It is in my opinion one of the best games I played this year, and the soundtrack is gorgeous. The game though at the end of the day though is a love it or hate it type of game.

[quote name='VetraX']Is there a way to know what deals/doorcrashers are coming up?[/QUOTE]

Some people on RFD know, but they're not telling.

Is this online? Nier is coming up as $30 for me online and Crystal Bearers the same.

EDIT: D'oh fucking Canada. Didn't see where this was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad I picked up Nier a month or so ago for $25 new. From what I have played (6-7 hours) it is a fantastic game!

Also the soundtrack really is as good as everyone says!

Nier for $9.99 is a great price indeed but when i saw some of the game play in the GT Review i thought ... ehhhhh no thanks !

Thanks for keeping us Up to date !

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Some people on RFD know, but they're not telling.[/QUOTE]

apparently in the EB thread about Decembers Flyer posted by Smooth

Smooth says December 1st's deal is Dead To Rights not sure for how much but i'm assuming $10 and for that price .. ill get it !

Oddly, the EB Games I went to yesterday for Crystal Bearers was selling it for full price. Are these deals optional or something?

[quote name='JGonspy']Oddly, the EB Games I went to yesterday for Crystal Bearers was selling it for full price. Are these deals optional or something?[/QUOTE]

Where are you? It shouldn't be optional in Canada - just point them to the www.ebgames.ca website. For that matter, you could've just ordered it online.

Of course, I haven't seen any of these games actually marked down or advertised in stores. If you didn't take it to the counter and ask, you wouldn't have known there was a sale (hence the reason for starting this thread).

Got Nier.

Get them scanned. I don't think they bother to re-sticker the game for 1 day. Nier was stickered $29.99 but scanned at the door crasher price.

I also picked up the original uncharted for $15, such a good game.

yea i went to 2 stores in st. catharines today and none of them had the game on sale. i even asked if there were any daily door crashers and they said none. :cry:

I got a sealed copy of Nier. Unfortunately, only when I got home I noticed that it was actually resealed because the original price sticker of $64.99 was on the inside of the shrink wrap. I think in this case, EB games HQ resealed the game for whatever reason and sent it to the store. Weird!

I got a sealed copy of Nier. Unfortunately, only when I got home I noticed that it was actually resealed because the original price sticker of $64.99 was on the inside of the shrink wrap. The case itself looks new however. I don't think it was used as a display case. I believe EB games HQ resealed the game for whatever reason and sent it to the store. Weird!

Found a copy at metrotown, apparently someone else wanted it but couldn't find the case. Bought the last copy.

[quote name='Jouvert']I got a sealed copy of Nier. Unfortunately, only when I got home I noticed that it was actually resealed because the original price sticker of $64.99 was on the inside of the shrink wrap. The case itself looks new however. I don't think it was used as a display case. I believe EB games HQ resealed the game for whatever reason and sent it to the store. Weird![/QUOTE]

Because they need to add french manual into the game, thats why it is shrink wrap re-sealed.

[quote name='ejamer']Where are you? It shouldn't be optional in Canada - just point them to the www.ebgames.ca website. For that matter, you could've just ordered it online.

[/QUOTE]

I'm in Toronto, and the last time these were happening they actually went out of their way to show that it was a sale by putting the games right next to the register with the lower price. It seems like they have a different philosophy this time around.

And I found out about the sale a little late so I could really get it online as it had already sold out. Not a big deal though as I wasn't too anxious to get the game to begin with.

I really wished EB would stop opening games. I actually asked if it was new. They said yes and put an open (very used looking) copy on the counter. I opened it and the disc was a mess. I walked. Really sad EB. There should be some law to enforce what "new" means.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']Because they need to add french manual into the game, thats why it is shrink wrap re-sealed.[/QUOTE]

But isn't that for the distributor? The price-tag shouldn't be inside the wrap.

Does Anyone here know when the 12 Days Of X-mas deals start AC2 last year was Kickass ( got Assassins Edition ) hope for Dead Rising 2 CE in this deal or just plain Dead Rising 2 doesn't matter i just want REALLY GOOD DEALS to come up for the PS3 !

Can't Wait To Get up in the morning for D2R:R :D

[quote name='JamesSoprano']Does Anyone here know when the 12 Days Of X-mas deals start AC2 last year was Kickass ( got Assassins Edition ) hope for Dead Rising 2 CE in this deal or just plain Dead Rising 2 doesn't matter i just want REALLY GOOD DEALS to come up for the PS3 !

Can't Wait To Get up in the morning for D2R:R :D[/QUOTE]

i read on RFD that it starts dec 13...dont hold me to it but most likely around there

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Ordered Nier online. Total came out to about $15. The extra $5 is worth not having to go actually drive to EB[/QUOTE]

I just ordered one online too (nice that it's still going after midnight). It's a little odd that tax seems to be 18%. What province are they based in?

Ok to people who walk in and see that the game isn't marked down, it rings in at full price at first, but if they hit f12 for the promo price, it corrects it. Sometimes they don't get the notice, but if you know which game it is, tell them to hit f12 to check it.

Hey, I'd just like to leave a big thank you for this thread.

I picked up Nier yesterday and couldn't be happier. :)

Thanks for this thread as well. I picked up Nier at FS with pm. Also managed to PM Prince of Persia and Kane & Lynch for $6.99!

Dead to rights any good?

[quote name='toofeht']i read on RFD that it starts dec 13...dont hold me to it but most likely around there[/QUOTE]

well least it's some kinda Answer :lol: thanks for the heads up ... hope they have a good game up available for my birthday ( 2 days after )

[quote name='picklepopcorn']OP should update the post daily so we know what deals are going on. >_>[/QUOTE]

How does that look? I don't usually do this kind of thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back