OMG, did I just have a pleasant experience at Best Buy?

ZForce915

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
...I think I did!

I went in to BB today with the intentions on getting a Gamecube controller for $15. I started buy getting two GGCards and putting $5 on each of them. The cashier was talkative and helpful, when I told her my intent she offered the advice of only putting $1 instead of $5. I thanked her for the gesture, but passed because I knew I'd be using the cards in a moment anyway.

From there I picked up a controller and took it to the service counter for a price match. She got the information written down and called Target (where I was price matching). While she was doing that I thought I'd play a demo, but before I could start the game she was done. I'm not even sure she bothered to check.

I went back to the same girl at the register and showed her the price match and the coupon and she seemed impressed with my cheap ass and even offered to let me use both coupons. The computer wouldn't comply, but she offered, and that was cool.

So long story short, I got my controller for $15. She didn't even collect the coupon so I still have two. And the service was, *gasp* fast and helpful! Score one point for Best Buy. Maybe with continued service like this I might stop making fun of you.

i have yet to had a really bed experience with best buy. only time was one idiot employee who refused to pm because he thought since the target upstairs was out of stock, every target in existence was to. they were all connected by some temporal portal.

I don't think I've had any problems at Best Buy either.

It seems like it depends more on the employees at your particular store. I've heard the horror stories, but I've never had any bad experiences myself. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones... :D

[quote name='dcfox']Get two wives. Just imagine the benefits. "Chop, chop, dig, dig"[/quote]

Ha, I was gonna say the same thing.

[quote name='dcfox']Get two wives. Just imagine the benefits. "Chop, chop, dig, dig"[/quote]

if you know inuyasha:

[quote name='Miroku']Thats right, big sit[/quote]

very in joke.

There is so much more two wives could do for me...

I've had one bad experience at Best Buy. This was when BB refused to pricematch Beyond Good & Evil from a CC ad, and it would've been pricematched it if it wasn't for this other cashier. The other cashier kept saying to the cashier I went to "you can't pricematch it because the cover and rating are different".

With 2 wives, you would have to be a cheap ass forever... shudder

http://bestbuysux.org/

I've had a few bad personal Best Buy experiences before, like a cashier avoiding a GGC on a game because it was just a moment ago that I deposited into the card through the same cashier. I just though had to line up again, and go to a different cashier.

I had one sorta bad expierance they wouldn't price match a dvd from a Fry's ad because the ad had expired, so I went outside ripped off the date from the bottom of the ad went back in to a different cashier and got my price match.

[quote name='XCutioner93']I've had one bad experience at Best Buy. This was when BB refused to pricematch Beyond Good & Evil from a CC ad, and it would've been pricematched it if it wasn't for this other cashier. The other cashier kept saying to the cashier I went to "you can't pricematch it because the cover and rating are different".[/quote]

I tried to do the same pricematch at walmart but since the cover art and rating was different they said no.
So I went down the street to Best Buy and they let me have the xbox version for the $10 price, so I was happy.

[quote name='cn']What is a GGC?[/quote]

Gamers Gift Card

It's located in the games section or at the front checkouts.

i haven't really had a hard time at best buy. in fact, the one time i tried to use the GGC (a little bit ago when they halo on sale for $20), the girl didn't even make me put any money on the card to use the coupon. it was fast and simple and relatively painless.

bread's done
Back