Civilization Revolution (360-Asia-Region Free) $10.90 + $3.40 Shipping at Play-Asia

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Civilization Revolution on X-Box 360 for about US$14 delivered - not bad! Asian version, but full English language and completely region free (works on NTSC-US, NTSC-J and PAL 360).

My favorite DS game (in terms of hours spent, at least!), and I love the Civ IV pack on PC. I *think* I'll give this a miss, because I want to get Civ V when it's cheap! Although if they still have some in stock later this week, I might change my mind... :p

Edit: 84 on Metacritic. Damn... so tempting. Might get this and Deadly Premonition together to get free shipping...

Edit again: Apparently just a bit more expensive second-hand, US version:
[quote name='S_DOG34']It's $14.99 (used) on gohastings if someone wants the US version.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason I skipped where you said Civilization and read Revolution X and thought Aerosmith the shooting disc arcade game is coming to 360?

It's too early in the morning...

does this version grant separate achievements from US-based one? This is one of the few games I have 1000 but my interest really dropped once all the goals were reached.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Yes, you need the NTSC-J version of the game to stack it. They only want $85 from Play Asia for it... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Thanks,

no reason then to pick up this version. sigh

[quote name='netscorer']Thanks,

no reason then to pick up this version. sigh[/QUOTE]

Yea, play asia runs some decent deals on region free games such as this, but if you are trying to buy NTSC-J games from them they really jack the prices up. I didn't even link to the NTSC-J version of CivRev in my previous post because I don't want to encourage anyone to pay such an outrageous price for it.

[quote name='Mjolnir']Honestly, I liked Civ Revolution on 360 more than I'm liking Civ 5.[/QUOTE]

Don't know how that could be. Revolution barely qualifies as a Civ game. It practically plays itself.

I absolutely loved this game, the gameplay was fun, presentation was pretty good and for a RTS console game, controls were never a hassle.

On the same note, it got old quick and I didn't see any motivation to keep playing after a week or two since I didn't feel like there was much variation between each time playing through it. (Full disclouse: I don't play multiplayer)

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Yea, play asia runs some decent deals on region free games such as this, but if you are trying to buy NTSC-J games from them they really jack the prices up. I didn't even link to the NTSC-J version of CivRev in my previous post because I don't want to encourage anyone to pay such an outrageous price for it.[/QUOTE]

Japanese games are just stupidly expensive. It's not Play-Asia's fault. Look at Japanese DVD and Blu-Ray prices; they are even worse.

[quote name='Tooki']Don't know how that could be. Revolution barely qualifies as a Civ game. It practically plays itself.[/QUOTE]

How does it basically play itself? It was streamlined for consoles removing most of the tedious micromanagement that plagues the series. Sure, it might be fine in single player against the dumb AI, but it's a godsend for the multiplayer since games don't drag on like they used to.

[quote name='S_DOG34']It's $14.99 (used) on gohastings if someone wants the US version.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I've updated the original post. :) I personally have no problems with Asia-region games if the stuff on the disc is identical to the US version, but it'll also probably be faster to get it from gohastings than Play-Asia (who take between one and two weeks for me).

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']How does it basically play itself? It was streamlined for consoles removing most of the tedious micromanagement that plagues the series. Sure, it might be fine in single player against the dumb AI, but it's a godsend for the multiplayer since games don't drag on like they used to.[/QUOTE]

Yup. It's just more fun. Now, I wouldn't say I prefer it over Civ 4 despite all that, but Civ 5 has a ton of stuff stripped out or streamlined (religion, for example) and still manages to get bogged down and tedious. Basically though, Civ Rev just plays faster and was a lot of fun to play.

[quote name='QiG']I absolutely loved this game, the gameplay was fun, presentation was pretty good and for a RTS console game, controls were never a hassle.

On the same note, it got old quick and I didn't see any motivation to keep playing after a week or two since I didn't feel like there was much variation between each time playing through it. (Full disclouse: I don't play multiplayer)[/QUOTE]

I had the same impressions. On the harder difficulties the AI is exactly the same, but just cheats like a mofo.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']How does it basically play itself? It was streamlined for consoles removing most of the tedious micromanagement that plagues the series. Sure, it might be fine in single player against the dumb AI, but it's a godsend for the multiplayer since games don't drag on like they used to.[/QUOTE]

The way you build your infrastructure is a huge part of the strategy in civ games, and the limited numbers of units make the military strategy equally dull. If you don't like the micro management in other civ games you can easily automate a lot of it.

Also, this isn't an RTS people, its a turn based strategy game.

bread's done
Back