New Wii Owner - Recommend Me Games Pl0x

Buffer

CAG Veteran
Hi just got a Wii today, came with Mario Kart Wii, I would appreciate some help as to what games are good and I should pick up :cool: Cheers.

I see the sticky :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of my personal recommendations:

Mario Galaxy (+ 2)
No More Heroes (+ 2)
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
LoZ: Twilight Princess
Dead Space Extraction

Light Gun Games
House of the Dead Overkill
House of the Dead 2 + 3
LA Machinegune/NY Gunblade (Don't pay > $15)
Ghost Squad
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles

No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2
Little King's Story
MadWorld
Sin & Punishment 2
Opoona

[quote name='Buffer']Thanks, Wii Sports Resort worth it?[/QUOTE]

I think it is, tho my console came with it.

Some additional games:

Zack & Wiki (OOP)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (OOP)
Metroid: Other M
Kirby Epic Yarn
Okami
Muramasa: The Demon Blade

These are the games I would recommend offhand. Some can be found on other platforms, and some are remakes from GameCube days... but they are all good games. You need to do some research though, because many of these games won't appeal to all audiences...

Animal Crossing
Boom Blox (& Bash Party)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex
Dawn of Discovery
Dead Space Extraction
Disney Epic Mickey
Donkey Kong Returns
Endless Ocean (& Blue World)
Fire Emblem
Geometry Wars Galaxies
GoldenEye 007
House of the Dead Overkill
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Little King's Story
MadWorld
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Monster Hunter Tri
Muramasa
NBA Jam
New Super Mario Bros
No More Heroes (& 2)
Okami
Pikmin New Play Controls
Pro Evolution Soccer
Punch-Out!!
Rabbids Go Home
Rayman Raving Rabbids (or TV Party if you own a balance board)
Red Steel 2
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles
Shaun White Snowboarding World Stage (if you own a balance board)
Silent Hill
Sin & Punishment 2
Super Mario Galaxy (1 & 2)
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World
Tatsunoku vs Capcom
Tiger Woods PGA Tour (10 or higher)
Trauma Center (Second Opinion, New Blood, or Trauma Team)
Wario Land Shake It!
Wii Fit Plus (maybe... you'll know if this is your thing or not)
Wii Sports Resort

Edit: Can't believe I left Zack & Wiki off the list. Really enjoyed that game, especially the puzzles in the second half. Also a big fan of the Sam & Max series... but recommend playing them on a different system if you have the option (for improved performance).

[quote name='spydey']Mario Kart
Disney's Guilty Party[/QUOTE]

He's already got Mario Kart, but I agree that Guilty Party is a very good game if you are interested in the party genre. Dokapon Kingdom is an amazing experience with the right beverages, although will probably appeal to a small minority of gamers because it's a basically a roll-and-move board game with tons of player screwage. And of course Mario Party is decent too.

:lol:

Mini Desktop Racing
Anubis II
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Jumper
Pool Party
Balls of Fury
GT Pro Series
Cooking Mama
Wheelspin
Cruis'n

:lol:

Funny thing about that list is that Cooking Mama isn't that bad. It's not going to rock anyone's world, and there are probably better options with similar gameplay... but if you want something light and quick and silly, it's a fun game. (Still not something I would recommend for most people though.)

Kirby's Epic Yarn is great. So is New Super Mario Bros Wii. You'll also probably like Donkey Kong Country Returns.

There's really too many to list.

De Blob
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn - Cuteness overload, but it is really easy
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Muramasa the Demon Blade
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
No More Heroes
Punch-Out!!!
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The House of the Dead Overkill
Wario Land Shake It
Wii Sports Resort - If your system didn't come with it
Zack & Wiki: The Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

Great lists. I would heartily encourage you to also pick up Excitebots Trick Racing. That is a really fantastic game, and last time I played people were still playing online, which is good because the online racing/betting is fantastic! I love that you can bet game currency on the races, and then use your winnings to unlock stuff (and there's a comically large number of things to unlock.) Anyway, it's a really great game that should have done better then it did.

[quote name='dark-star']The Conduit is a pretty good FPS, especially considering the rarity of that genre on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Nooooooo! Get Goldeneye 007 instead!

Sorry to dethrone your choice though. :cry:

Thanks for all the tips!

If the snow dies down and I manage to get out of bed tomorrow I will be going to town to pick up Donkey Kong Country Returns, Resident Evil 4 and maybe Goldeneye, with Mario Galaxy 1 + 2 next on the wishlist :) I'll keep checking this thread :)

I'll throw in a suggestion that the OP posts what genres they enjoy before we blindly suggest anymore games that they might not like. :)

We can suggest the entire Wii library and only find the OP a few games they like.

Dont mean to hijack the thread but since it was already similar to what i wanted to ask i will

I just got my g/f a wii and i dont know what games are good. she likes mario and sonic....what are some older (not new games like epic mickey, dk country, or anything) games that are must haves...???????????

i went with super mario galaxy 2 because it got a perfect 10 across the board...good choice im sure, but please give me other ideas

[quote name='chrislisting']i went with super mario galaxy 2 because it got a perfect 10 across the board...good choice im sure, but please give me other ideas[/QUOTE]

Mario Kart Wii (on sale for $39.96 this week at kmart)

I really liked Warioland Shake It and would recommend that for you and your girlfriend. It's not a particularly difficult game to complete, so if you want extreme difficulty it's not going to be for you (though trying to get all the challenges would be pretty difficult I think, and the bosses are challenging). The main thing is that the game is a lot of fun and the use of motion control in it is great (and makes sense). Yeah, if you are ultra-anti-motion-control you aren't going to like it, but if you like motion controls when done right, this is one of them IMHO.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Nooooooo! Get Goldeneye 007 instead!

Sorry to dethrone your choice though. :cry:[/QUOTE]

No offense taken...haven't bought Goldeneye yet myself, $50 is above my strike price, lol...but Conduit can be found for half that or less! :booty:

Wario Land is pretty good. I didn't quite finish it (that's actually a good idea for this coming weekend) but I got what I felt was my $14 out of it.

If you don't already own them, then:
-Resident Evil 1
-Resident Evil 0
-Resident Evil 4
-Pikmin

Wii exclusives:
-Super Mario Galaxy
-The Munchables
-Super Mario All-Stars
-Rabbids Go Home
-Super Paper Mario
-No More Heroes 2
-Metroid Prime 3 is okay

Stuff I haven't played yet but which is probably good:
-Super Mario Galaxy 2
-New Super Mario Bros.

Haven't Played, but interesting:
-Batman: the Brave and the Bold-playing this now-pretty good side scrolling fighter/action game-actually pretty funny, if you don't mind the intentional slightly cheesyness
-Muramasa
-Sonic Colors
-Kirby's Epic Yarn
-Goldeneye

Last edited by a moderator:
Disney Epic Mickey
Super Mario All-Stars
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Zumba Fitness
Super Mario Galaxy 2
GoldenEye 007
Disney Tangled: The Video Game
Monster Hunter Tri
Michael Jackson The Experience

I don't know if I'm too late or not, but here are some pretty good games:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (solo is OK, your better off with 2-4 players though)
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Trauma Center series
Guitar Hero 3 (it's OK I guess)

[quote name='steveovig']Wario Land is really, really good and a beauty to look at. Also, Sonic Colors is a must-have IMO![/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more about Sonic Colors. Great game.

bread's done
Back