Xbox LIVE Rewards Program Opens

cmp2005

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Xbox LIVE Rewards Program Opens
bg_join_now_masthead.png
Microsoft has updated the Xbox website with a new section promoting the Xbox LIVE Rewards Pilot Program which will enable subscribers to collect rewards for their transactions. For the next six months, the Rewards Squad will hook you up with Microsoft Points just for doing the stuff Xbox LIVE members do all the time. You’ll score points not only for renewing your Gold subscriptions; you’ll get a reward on what you spend on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. The best part is, the more you spend, the more you get, and for each month you stay on Gold, the higher your monthly reward up to 5% of your Marketplace spend.
bg_do_this_get_this.png
This promotion lasts for six months and you can start spending the points you’ve accumulated after the first three months. Also, every month, The Rewards Squad will send you an email with an update on the points you’ve earned and the cool stuff you can get—so make sure you read every email! Source
Code:
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/21377/Xbox-LIVE-Rewards-Pilot-Program/
link
Code:
http://rewards.xbox.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PlumeNoir']Ummmm...did you notice that the TeamXbox link is dated Nov 3rd, 2009 and their link to xbox.com doesn't work?

Try this link instead:

http://rewards.xbox.com/program/

EDIT: Not trying to be snippy, but figured I'd chime in before someone complained...[/QUOTE] He has that link beside the TeamXbox link.

[quote name='Revixe06']He has that link beside the TeamXbox link.[/QUOTE]

My bad - it looked like one long hyperlink.

Probably should remove the teamxbox one, regardless.

I don't think the site is quite ready yet. I tried to sign up a couple of my accounts, and had mixed results... Mostly it thought I was already signed up unless I cleared my cookies/sessions, even though I had signed out of one Live account and into the other.

signed up perfect went to the site sign in with my xbox email and pass and that was it now to wait for the email

I'm glad I signed up when i got the email, because now it says:

"Our servers are currently unavailable due to maintenance or high volume. Please try back later."

:lol:

[quote name='Miketheking']Sounds like a rip off from playstation rewards.[/QUOTE]

Exactly...not like this has been in closed beta for awhile now.

Also, I posted this in the other thread, but there is a sweepstakes going, with one entry and chance to win a day.

Hopefully this link works:
https://microsoft.promo.eprize.com/holiday/

Weren't they supposed to gift 100 spacebucks to the first X number of people to sign up? I just got an e-mail today letting me know I've been entered in the program but I don't see any points.

Did the survey when the program launched a week or whatever ago and it errored out on the last question. Didn't get the 20 point credit, but it thinks I completed the survey so I can't try it again. :/

*Edit*

Weird, just looked at my rewards page after posting this and it finally appeared as pending credits. Maybe it happened to a lot of people and they're fixing it.

Is there anyway I can get those netflix points i have already been a user before this rewards program started.

Took the survey couple days ago and I didn't get my survey points every time I checked, and my friend said he got points so I checked mine just now and there were 20 points there. Now to wait a month for 20 more points...

[quote name='thadarksandman']not getting the netflix points because i was already a subscriber is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Delete it and reactivate does not work?

[quote name='clickpow']Delete it and reactivate does not work?[/QUOTE]

I have an HTPC hooked up to my TV which I use instead of my Xbox for Netflix. I deactivated my old 360 from using Netflix a few months ago and recently got a new 360 S that I didn't activate. When this rewards program came up I activated Netflix on the new 360 but I still don't have any points, pending or otherwise.

XboxSupport on twitter made the statement that "rewards aren't retroactive." They weren't responding directly to a Netflix inquiry, but just in general, which I guess means everything, including Netflix.

[quote name='louiedog']I have an HTPC hooked up to my TV which I use instead of my Xbox for Netflix. I deactivated my old 360 from using Netflix a few months ago and recently got a new 360 S that I didn't activate. When this rewards program came up I activated Netflix on the new 360 but I still don't have any points, pending or otherwise.

XboxSupport on twitter made the statement that "rewards aren't retroactive." They weren't responding directly to a Netflix inquiry, but just in general, which I guess means everything, including Netflix.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks, not that this program is good or anything i was just hoping for 100 points for doing nothing..

They take forever to update the points so they may still come through.

I am still having issues registering. Still says that I need to refresh my browser. I've tried both IE and Firefox. Any pointers?

[quote name='Ravenhood']And of course, it's only available in the States... us poor Canucks gotta wait and see if they even bring it to us. XS[/QUOTE]

I know right :(

f our lives

Just a reminder new month means new survey.

Also: Buy any Avatar item greater than 240 points by January 31 and earn 80 points back!

You can get 100 ms points back for your 1st purchase from the marketplace. It doesn't state if it has to be done via 360 dashboard or xbox.com. I purchased something from xbox.com via the link it had but I don't see any credit (not even pending) yet or for another deal. I got 10 ms points for renewing 1 month of xbl on my account..which I don't recall doing.

Glanced at the Rewards site today and saw I have 220 points on it or pending. 20 points was from the last survey, and 200 was from adding another year of Live to my account. Pretty sweet.

when I try to do the netflix one (for ms points) or a few of the others, it states 'go gold' but i've got a gold membership good until 2013 and my last redemption for my subscription was a 1 month code. I should have 120 ms points more pending, weird.

How long does it take for things to show up usually? I've been a rewards since Dec 1, I've renewed my Gold a couple weeks ago and bought numerous items that should qualify for making my first purchase, did the survey, and nothing has shown up. Not even pending. Should I shoot them an email?

[quote name='CouRageouS']How long does it take for things to show up usually? I've been a rewards since Dec 1, I've renewed my Gold a couple weeks ago and bought numerous items that should qualify for making my first purchase, did the survey, and nothing has shown up. Not even pending. Should I shoot them an email?[/QUOTE]
You never purchased anything off the marketplace before becoming a rewards member?

And, if you renewed your Gold after being accepted into the rewards program, then yes, there seems to be a problem. It's only supposed to take 4 days maximum for points to show up as pending.

[quote name='intoxicated662']You can get 100 ms points back for your 1st purchase from the marketplace. It doesn't state if it has to be done via 360 dashboard or xbox.com. I purchased something from xbox.com via the link it had but I don't see any credit (not even pending) yet or for another deal. I got 10 ms points for renewing 1 month of xbl on my account..which I don't recall doing.[/QUOTE]

It's already been implied by the post above mine, but when they say first purchase, they mean your very first purchase ever, not the first purchase after you joined rewards. Yes, it is as dumb as it sounds but clearly their whole goal of this program is not to reward long time members, but to reward the new ones.

Interesting, I added two 12 month cards in early October and the first one just kicked in a week ago and I got the 200 points for it.

Okay thanks guys, I will shoot them an email. I hope they credit me for the Dec survey too, since I don't have any proof that I did it. It does suck they don't reward long time users better but I'll take what I can get. They should have added tiers based on how long you've been on live.

yeah the points seem to take a while to even post as pending. i activated netflix anf bought my first marketplace content after my account was approved and they are not showing up at all. logged into today and my survey barely popped up (december survey)

hopefully i get the rest of my points. anyone know when the controller prop is suppose to show up in the email? i signed up on the 20th of december and still haven't received a code

This program really is annoying. I don't have anything pending except the survey points. Where's my Netflix and first purchase? You'd think that it would take a week tops for everything to update, but that apparently isn't the case :/

Might be nice to append FAQ & Terms to the OP. Would help with some of the more basic questions and misunderstandings.

[quote name='Andami']This program really is annoying. I don't have anything pending except the survey points. Where's my Netflix and first purchase? You'd think that it would take a week tops for everything to update, but that apparently isn't the case :/[/QUOTE]
Did you activate Netflix/make your first Marketplace purchase before or after the program started? Doing either of these before the program started don't just give you the points. If you did after the program started and the point haven't shown up then they are taking forever, as I bought another year of gold on the 12th and it put some points into my Pending section 2-3 days later.

[quote name='Andami']This program really is annoying. I don't have anything pending except the survey points. Where's my Netflix and first purchase? You'd think that it would take a week tops for everything to update, but that apparently isn't the case :/[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess, based on your gamerscore, that you made your first purchase on xbox live and activated netflix for the first time well before a month ago when the program went live; aka no points for you.

The main reason this program is weak is that basically you could get all available rewards (minus surveys and promotions like the current avatar one) in 15 minutes and then not be able to get anything else for a very long time.

bread's done
Back