Gamestop Power Up Rewards $10 off any preowned game!! (YMMV)

KevinMassacre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Didnt see this posted anywhere on here. I signed into my powerup rewards account today to check my points and there was a printable coupon for $10 off any preowned game! Not sure if it is a one time use coupon or not. The coupon was located under the buy 2 get 1 coupon you get for signing up. Apparently this is ymmv since no one else has received it so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just signed into my account, and I'm not seeing this. Are you sure it isn't because you got to a certain point amount or something?
Where exactly is the coupon located?

Nothing for me either. I have 10,000+ points but I have not redeemed them yet. A free 10$ off coupon would have been pretty cool but guess not.

15K points here, and no message like that. Did you just sign up? Maybe they are giving this one out now instead of the B2G1 free coupon.

I just checked my account and i have a Buy 2 Get 1 offer.. I just upgraded to the Power Edge monday.. so it might have been my welcome gift..

[quote name='mitemouse']I just checked my account and i have a Buy 2 Get 1 offer.. I just upgraded to the Power Edge monday.. so it might have been my welcome gift..[/QUOTE]

You are correct. That's the normal bonus that they provide to upgraders.

i dont see the 10 coupon on my account but i have a question, i already used the buy2get1 coupon you get once you open the account but that coupon is still on my active offers folder, shouldn't be off already?

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']i dont see the 10 coupon on my account but i have a question, i already used the buy2get1 coupon you get once you open the account but that coupon is still on my active offers folder, shouldn't be off already?[/QUOTE]

I noticed that in my account as well. I was wondering the same thing.

Still have the coupon on mine too even though I used it a good 2 months ago. Should've waited to use it too! Oh well... You would think they'd remove it from your "active offers" since it's not active anymore. I'm really surprised somebody hasn't scammed this by now, insisting they never used it...

No $10 coupon for me either.

Unrelated.

I returned a game last weekend that I bought before I signed up for the rewards program. Today I noticed a card activity "All you point are belong to us" and it deducted some points for the return that I didn't earn points for in the first place.

[quote name='eau']Unrelated.

I returned a game last weekend that I bought before I signed up for the rewards program. Today I noticed a card activity "All you point are belong to us" and it deducted some points for the return that I didn't earn points for in the first place.[/QUOTE]
Yeah its fucked up how they do that. If its something you bought before you used the rewards card, you need to make sure they dont scan your card for that return, it'll always take away those points. Another reason I have stopped shopping at GS, they did the same thing to me.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yeah its fucked up how they do that. If its something you bought before you used the rewards card, you need to make sure they dont scan your card for that return, it'll always take away those points. Another reason I have stopped shopping at GS, they did the same thing to me.[/QUOTE]
I signed up in the store and the card # is somehow linked to my account (through my phone number). So, when you buy something and don't use the rewards card, you don't get points. If you do a return, they always ask for your phone number and it can deduce points from your rewards account. At the end, GS still gonna fuck you in one way or another.

I returned a game last weekend that I bought before I signed up for the rewards program. Today I noticed a card activity "All you point are belong to us" and it deducted some points for the return that I didn't earn points for in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Not as bad as when I'm actually trading-in used games, it counted all of them as "returns" so I lost a couple of thousand points.

I didnt use any points, seeing as i only had 3368 point anyway, I didnt have enough for a $10 off certificate. it was listed right underneath the buy 2 get 1 coupon i got when i signed up several weeks ago. I was shocked to see it there. I printed it out and i'm about to head over to gamestop and get something with it.

Go to the Power Up site and send a message to their customer service department. They'll put the points back if you explain what happened. The same thing happened to me, and they fixed it right away.

[quote name='CaoPi']knew this was too good to be true....[/QUOTE]

sorry to get your hopes up. I was shocked I got it. If no one else reports seeing this, I am just going to assume I got a very lucky glitch.

[quote name='Dranakin']Not as bad as when I'm actually trading-in used games, it counted all of them as "returns" so I lost a couple of thousand points.[/QUOTE]
I think that's what has happened to my account a couple of times now. It counted the one copy of Uncharted that I traded in a while ago as the $60 Dual Shock 3/ Uncharted bundle and it also counted several other games I traded in recently(Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter 2, some other one I'm forgetting now) as returns as well.

It's weird. But it's not like I expected to get anything out of 'moving up' to the PowerUp card. Although once this purchase of the Halo Reach Legendary I bought to send to SecondSpin.com credits I should have enough points for the $25 gift certificate to a local place to eat(4800 points).;)

You mean a website still in beta doesn't work properly? You guuuyyyss!

[quote name='mrman1980']unrelated question, can you redeem points for same coupon multiple times?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='eau']At the end, GS still gonna fuck you in one way or another.[/QUOTE]

Not if you stop going there.

bread's done
Back