Dead Space Extraction $7 shipped Wal-Mart.com

Free shipping is only for "Site to Store". So you would still have to go get it. Not free shipping to your home. Normal shipping came out to $2 for me, not a deal breaker.

[quote name='boylover']The only problem is.... it's a TERRIBLE game.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? The game is awesome and this price is awesomer.

Cant pass it up at this price. Ill get DS2, but this thing is meant for the zapper and I gotta play my damn wii sometime. Plus I have NO desire for Move

Like others have said seems like a good game from the reviews. The game seemed to be a flop in sales though. Plenty of good games flop though. Glad to see the game entering the sub-10 dollar price range. Might actually pick it up one of these days.

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable at the Imagine Petz Unicornz booth....

thanks, was planning on getting brtal legend but it was only $13 off msrp, while dead space is $23 off msrp, which makes it a better deal for me

[quote name='pewpewpew']Like others have said seems like a good game from the reviews. The game seemed to be a flop in sales though. Plenty of good games flop though. Glad to see the game entering the sub-10 dollar price range. Might actually pick it up one of these days.[/QUOTE]

Ya, game is great. It's really short but it's a fun game for a short period.

No-brainer at $7.

Great price. I bought it used off ebay a couple weeks ago for the same price, haven't got around to playing it though.

I also noticed Walmart.com has some nice drops on PSP games as well, I also picked up Crazy Taxi Fare Wars, Power Stone Collection, and Ace Combat X Skies of Deception for $10.00 each. I also noticed they have the PSP remakes for Final Fantasy 1 and 2 and Ghostbusters, Gunpey, LocoRoco 2, Up, Daxter, Mortal Combat Unchained (and more) also going for $10.

What is nice is Wal-Mart will ship to a Fed-Ex store for free as well. I have one less than 1/2 mile from my house.

Thanks OP, in for one.

Any idea how long Wal-Mart usually takes to send out the free-to-store emails? I've only used such a service with Sears in the past, and they sent an email out within the next day (followed by like 12 more notifications, lol).

Wow - just picked this up at Big Lots for $10. :/ For an extra $4, I can take that back, grab 2 of these and gift one to my friend who just got a wii. Nice...

Nice! Ive been waiting for this to drop below 10. I dont plan on buying Move so the Ps3 version is out of the question. Tax and shipping total was 9.60. I'm pleased

[quote name='kyoya']I also noticed Walmart.com has some nice drops on PSP games as well, I also picked up Crazy Taxi Fare Wars, Power Stone Collection, and Ace Combat X Skies of Deception for $10.00 each. I also noticed they have the PSP remakes for Final Fantasy 1 and 2 and Ghostbusters, Gunpey, LocoRoco 2, Up, Daxter, Mortal Combat Unchained (and more) also going for $10.[/QUOTE]

Wow - came in to this thread looking for deadspace, and will end up getting 3 psp games I was after as well ....

Thanks for the heads up on Crazy Taxi, Powerstone and Ace Combat X

I'd encourage people to submit the wal-mart price to amazon... Amazon will almost certainly price match it if enough people submit it before it sells out from Wal-mart.

[quote name='Wickwire']Nice! Ive been waiting for this to drop below 10. I dont plan on buying Move so the Ps3 version is out of the question. Tax and shipping total was 9.60. I'm pleased[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you mean by the PS3 comment. The game on the Wii is a very different one compared to its high-tech brethren on 360/PS3. The Wii game is an on-rails shooter. The 360/PS3 version is a 3rd person survival horror game in the vein/format of RE5.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I'm not sure what you mean by the PS3 comment. The game on the Wii is a very different one compared to its high-tech brethren on 360/PS3. The Wii game is an on-rails shooter. The 360/PS3 version is a 3rd person survival horror game in the vein/format of RE5.[/QUOTE]

Dead Space Extraction is coming to PS3 as part of the initial PS3 versions of Dead Space 2. Its mainly common knowledge in the forums here.
Preview: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/19/dead-space-extraction-ps3-preview-rescue-operation/

Hm, I didn't realize this game wasn't awful. All I really knew about it was the hilarious lady on the cover, but this certainly doesn't look bad for $7.

I wouldn't say it's terrible, but those review scores are absolutely ridiculous. At best it deserves maybe a 3/5 on the Netflix scale.

It's worth $7 though if you've already played Dead Space 1 (though bear in mind this is a much worse, much lamer game, though still not completely worthless). I suppose for lightgun style game it might be the best one ever made, which...is not saying much, but...

Though yeah, if you've got a Playstation, just buy Dead Space 2 and get a better version of this with that.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I wouldn't say it's terrible, but those review scores are absolutely ridiculous. At best it deserves maybe a 3/5 on the Netflix scale.

It's worth $7 though if you've already played Dead Space 1 (though bear in mind this is a much worse, much lamer game, though still not completely worthless). I suppose for lightgun style game it might be the best one ever made, which...is not saying much, but...

Though yeah, if you've got a Playstation, just buy Dead Space 2 and get a better version of this with that.[/QUOTE]

Well, I like light-gun games and sadly, have yet to play a really good one. Time Crisis 3 was okay and House of the Dead for the original Xbox was okay ... but problem is most of these games are SO campy that it's hard to get into.

This one actually seems like it takes itself seriously, which is good. Graphics look okay (this is a Wii game, after all), and for $7, it looks like a lot of fun.

Yeah, it does take itself seriously. Sounds like you might really like it, though get it with Dead Space 2 if you've got a Playstation 3.

Graphically it's pretty good for a last gen game. The locations and everything are recognizable from the first game. Starts out kind of where that game ends if I'm remembering right (except it's a prequel, but I'd absolutely recommend playing the first game first because it's VASTLY superior, and you're just kind of getting spoilers for it if you do it the other way around).

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, it does take itself seriously. Sounds like you might really like it, though get it with Dead Space 2 if you've got a Playstation 3.

Graphically it's pretty good for a last gen game. The locations and everything are recognizable from the first game. Starts out kind of where that game ends if I'm remembering right (except it's a prequel, but I'd absolutely recommend playing the first game first because it's VASTLY superior, and you're just kind of getting spoilers for it if you do it the other way around).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I haven't played the first one yet. I probably will go back and grab 1; I've seen 1 in action and it looks incredible. I might however just jump in and pick up 2 given I saw my friend beat 1 and I was a little peeved at the ending.

Why did this game take so long to drop in price? It seemed like you were lucky if you could find it anywhere new for $20 before the last couple of months.

yeah, but I'd play Dead Space first as it's better and part of the fun of it is the environment and not knowing what's coming next. It works fine that way...don't think it would be as fun playing this first.

Got Dead Space Extraction, Muramasa, and LittleBigPlanet PSP for $32 shipped. Looking forward to a 24-hour period when I don't buy 1 or more video games. I'm sure it's bound to happen eventually.

I kind of agree, it's not the greatest game in the world, I enjoyed Darkside Chronicles a lot more...I dunno, 10 bucks is about the right price for this one.

Thanks OP been waiting for this to go down past the 15 mark for a while and its still under 10 bucks even with shipping.

[quote name='dserafin1986']10 bucks is about the right price for this one.[/QUOTE]

How about $7.50 after tax? How's that work out for ya?

[quote name='illennium'] Looking forward to a 24-hour period when I don't buy 1 or more video games. I'm sure it's bound to happen eventually.[/QUOTE]

LOL, same here! I have around 50 Wii games, and I haven't even played at least a dozen of them. Why the heck am I still buying more? lol

anyone else having issues getting it shipped free online? It says my item can't be shipped to my address due to carrier restrictions... wtf???!

Oh it should say that its only free to store shipping

Almost ordered it too

EDIT:

Decided to bite the bullet and order it to the closest walmart but it won't let me do it. I assume heavy traffic has got the best of walmart

"This item cannot be delivered to some locations due to carrier restrictions. Please go back and remove this item from your order or ship to a different address."

BS! Oh well, my wallet will stay a little thicker until the next Amazon deal...

bread's done
Back