- - - - -

Dead Space Extraction $7 shipped Wal-Mart.com

#31 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

I wouldn't say it's terrible, but those review scores are absolutely ridiculous. At best it deserves maybe a 3/5 on the Netflix scale.

It's worth $7 though if you've already played Dead Space 1 (though bear in mind this is a much worse, much lamer game, though still not completely worthless). I suppose for lightgun style game it might be the best one ever made, which...is not saying much, but...

Though yeah, if you've got a Playstation, just buy Dead Space 2 and get a better version of this with that.

Well, I like light-gun games and sadly, have yet to play a really good one. Time Crisis 3 was okay and House of the Dead for the original Xbox was okay ... but problem is most of these games are SO campy that it's hard to get into.

This one actually seems like it takes itself seriously, which is good. Graphics look okay (this is a Wii game, after all), and for $7, it looks like a lot of fun.

#32 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9961 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:07 PM

Yeah, it does take itself seriously. Sounds like you might really like it, though get it with Dead Space 2 if you've got a Playstation 3.

Graphically it's pretty good for a last gen game. The locations and everything are recognizable from the first game. Starts out kind of where that game ends if I'm remembering right (except it's a prequel, but I'd absolutely recommend playing the first game first because it's VASTLY superior, and you're just kind of getting spoilers for it if you do it the other way around).
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#33 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, it does take itself seriously. Sounds like you might really like it, though get it with Dead Space 2 if you've got a Playstation 3.

Graphically it's pretty good for a last gen game. The locations and everything are recognizable from the first game. Starts out kind of where that game ends if I'm remembering right (except it's a prequel, but I'd absolutely recommend playing the first game first because it's VASTLY superior, and you're just kind of getting spoilers for it if you do it the other way around).

Thanks for that. I haven't played the first one yet. I probably will go back and grab 1; I've seen 1 in action and it looks incredible. I might however just jump in and pick up 2 given I saw my friend beat 1 and I was a little peeved at the ending.

#34 MaxBiaggi3   Designated Bad Guy CAGiversary!   1590 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

MaxBiaggi3

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

Why did this game take so long to drop in price? It seemed like you were lucky if you could find it anywhere new for $20 before the last couple of months.

#35 lockarm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:27 PM

Good price, very good gun game, sets the stage for the original Dead Space.

#36 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9961 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:30 PM

yeah, but I'd play Dead Space first as it's better and part of the fun of it is the environment and not knowing what's coming next. It works fine that way...don't think it would be as fun playing this first.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#37 illennium   Systems Analyst CAGiversary!   1649 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:30 PM

Got Dead Space Extraction, Muramasa, and LittleBigPlanet PSP for $32 shipped. Looking forward to a 24-hour period when I don't buy 1 or more video games. I'm sure it's bound to happen eventually.

#38 Moonlk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   270 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

7 was a no brainer. Glad I seen it on here. Thanks!
http://moonlk.blogspot.com - My Gamer Blog!

#39 dserafin1986   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   495 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

dserafin1986

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:13 PM

The only problem is.... it's a TERRIBLE game.

I kind of agree, it's not the greatest game in the world, I enjoyed Darkside Chronicles a lot more...I dunno, 10 bucks is about the right price for this one.

#40 Evil Hayato   SHOOOOSH! CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Evil Hayato

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:57 PM

Thanks OP been waiting for this to go down past the 15 mark for a while and its still under 10 bucks even with shipping.

#41 zenintrude   habitual line stepper CAGiversary!   2298 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

zenintrude

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

10 bucks is about the right price for this one.

How about $7.50 after tax? How's that work out for ya?

YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#42 imanerd0011   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

imanerd0011

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

Looking forward to a 24-hour period when I don't buy 1 or more video games. I'm sure it's bound to happen eventually.

LOL, same here! I have around 50 Wii games, and I haven't even played at least a dozen of them. Why the heck am I still buying more? lol

#43 donssword   Gaming longer than u CAGiversary!   1684 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:13 PM

Great fucking game! Buy it!

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#44 the_grimace   It's Wondiferous! CAGiversary!   1422 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

the_grimace

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:16 PM

anyone else having issues getting it shipped free online? It says my item can't be shipped to my address due to carrier restrictions... wtf???!

#45 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15146 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

Same thing for me. :(

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#46 sizzlorr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

sizzlorr

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:37 PM

Yup...just tried both Ship to Store and home shipping. Neither worked.

#47 TheRobReport   Stoned Ass Gamer CAGiversary!   833 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

TheRobReport

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:03 AM

Oh it should say that its only free to store shipping

Almost ordered it too

EDIT:

Decided to bite the bullet and order it to the closest walmart but it won't let me do it. I assume heavy traffic has got the best of walmart

#48 Ravenous   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   511 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:58 AM

Mine has shipped to my closest walmart. Sweet deal for $7

#49 Dysheekie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:03 AM

"This item cannot be delivered to some locations due to carrier restrictions. Please go back and remove this item from your order or ship to a different address."

BS! Oh well, my wallet will stay a little thicker until the next Amazon deal...
Posted Image