DeepDiscount.com - Buyer Beware!

sdragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
391 (100%)
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/DeepDiscountCD

I dealt with them several years ago with no problem. Other than occasionally being back ordered for several weeks on popular sale items and having no tracking, they usually had the lowest prices around. Now, they hardly ever have the lowest price and I recently ordered a DVD 2 months ago.

The item showed in stock (still does I believe), but 2 months later, I have nothing to show for it, and have not been refunded. I paid with Paypal (the money keeps getting placed and put back, so I am unable to file a proper charge back and really not sure what to do at this point (other than file with bbb).

They told me several different stories: My item could not be canceled because it was going to ship in 48 hours, to we have canceled your order (they have not), to we can't cancel because the item is pending shipment, to not replying to several e-mails. Their customer service has gone down the toilet.

The reseller ratings have also taken a nose dive of late. What happened to deepdiscount.com?

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, I ordered a couple of things on Sept 3rd 2010 and I am STILL waiting for them (THREE MONTHS!!!)

They really have gone downhill from their glory days of long ago....

I agree. They really have issues and I can't figure out how you go from being one of the kings of DVD sites to being a chump. I also sent back two items that never got refunded to me, and their cancel feature apparently doesn't work because the items I tried to cancel still show as open several days later.

Spookily enough, I just received an e-mail from DD saying my items have just shipped. Weird that, I complain here and *BOOM* they get shipped.

2 months later, and still no movies, no refund (I paid with Paypal and the payment has been "placed"). I'm fixing to call them on Monday.

Just got customer service on the phone after a 60 minute wait, and they say it's in the process of being shipped (or "on order") from the California warehouse. They can't give me an exact shipping date 2+ months later. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Nothing but problems here as well. Ordered two things during the aformentioned Sept. sale. Both backordered. Cancelled one item on their website several weeks back when I got a similar price on it elsewhere...and last week got a notice that it shipped. Received it Friday.

Then I got a notice saying they weren't able to charge my card (maybe because it expired in November, I don't know) and they cancelled my order. LOL. Won't be dealing with them again. Don't know what happened but whatever it was, it turned them into a fucking joke.

I had an item that was backordered for three months finally ship out on Friday.

There was a BBB complaint filed with them a few weeks back which they never chose to respond to, over this issue.

That's my next move, contacting the BBB. I just can't believe the horrible customer service from a company who used to be great. One person tells me the item shipped, another rep. says it will ship in 24-48 hours, another rep says the order has been canceled. So many different responses. They seem clueless.

Deep Discount is just terrible, and should not be allowed to go on. I canceled an order. They canceled one item from the order, a buy one, get one, and sent the second one, full price. I sent it back, as they instructed. They refunded me half, a month later. They refused to refund me, saying I had to give them my credit card info, again. They are not to be trusted with personal information, and I am out $7.49, with nothing to show.

They are plain dirty.

Ever since they went from being DDD (deepdiscountdvd.com) to being Deepdiscount.com, their customer service, handling, shipping, etc. have just been atrocious. I used to do huge orders with them, especially during the 20% off sale, but have now tried to do as little business with them as possible. This is all because during the last DD sale that I took part in, the website said they shipped two movies as part of a package, but when the box arrived, they weren't to be found nor in any of the subsequent packages I received. I was still charged for the items to boot, and they were meant as gifts for my Dad, who was also extremely pissed off. I contacted them and they basically called me a liar and that they couldn't do anything for me. Great, two items just mysteriously vanish and I get charged for the hell of it. Go fuck off DD. I used to recommend you to everyone I knew; now, no longer

[quote name='lmz00']Do you guys not file chargebacks?[/QUOTE]I do. Which would have been my next step if they never responded to my BBB complaint or shipped my item.

[quote name='lmz00']Do you guys not file chargebacks?[/QUOTE] I did twice, with PayPal, and they messed both claims up royally. First time, I filled out forms, and I filed it with a subcategory, insufficient quantity, and they sent an e-mail a minute later, auto-closing the case, citing it as a matter of quality, which they cannot handle. Second time, since I canceled the order, and they were not authorized to charge me, I set a claim up that way. Paypal responded a week later, case closed, instructing me to file the previous report type, which cannot be filed again.

PayPal and Deep Discount both screwed me, but Discount should have never let it come to this. I will get something done, even if it means filing a report with my card. I have been fighting uphill battles with just about everything lately, and the lost $7.49 has been on the back-burner. I have been pissed at e-retailers before, but Deep Discount, they crossed the line with this one, and I will never shop with them again, no matter the deal.

Ninety percent of their prices are discounted prices offered by their vendors, and most other retailers are just a little later on putting out the same specials. Their prices are not worth the hell the have put everyone through.

Edit: I thought of one last detail that was missing. When Deep Discount told me I could call with a credit card number for a refund, there was a major problem. I paid with PayPal, and given their performance, I can't imagine providing any more information to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid with Paypal, and the funds were "placed". They kept taking the money out and putting it back, up until recently, and now the funds have been taken out for good this time. It won't allow me to file yet, which is BS.

Primarily due to my insomnia, and perhaps boredom, I went online to see what's been going on with DD as of late. If you go to DVDTalk's thread for this year's sale, what would have been pages upon pages of people ordering 100s of dollars worth of DVD/Blu-rays/etc. is now mostly a thread complain about how bad DD has become. Also, I found these articles doing a couple quick google searches that seem to explain the matter:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i4ef51a35fea2a26d4ef90681289d9101

http://www.newstrib.com/articles/ne...nfinity+Resources+to+close+Ottawa+call+center

http://mywebtimes.com/archives/ottawa/display.php?id=419163

Interesting stuff.

After being on hold for nearly 60 minutes yesterday, and still getting no answers about where my item or money is at this point ("it's being fulfilled by our other warehouse"), I filed with the BBB. Enough is enough.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Primarily due to my insomnia, and perhaps boredom, I went online to see what's been going on with DD as of late. If you go to DVDTalk's thread for this year's sale, what would have been pages upon pages of people ordering 100s of dollars worth of DVD/Blu-rays/etc. is now mostly a thread complain about how bad DD has become. Also, I found these articles doing a couple quick google searches that seem to explain the matter:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i4ef51a35fea2a26d4ef90681289d9101

http://www.newstrib.com/articles/ne...nfinity+Resources+to+close+Ottawa+call+center

http://mywebtimes.com/archives/ottawa/display.php?id=419163[/QUOTE]

Why do people think that filing with the BBB will solve the problem? They have no legal power and the company isn't even obligated to respond to the BBB. All contacting the BBB does is makes a record of it so it can inform other people of the companies poor business habits.

Back on topic though. I have dealt with DD's horrible service with my Breaking Bad order. They finally shipped season 1 and I'm still waiting on season 2. I think all DD deals should be blocked from being posted on CAG.

[quote name='LordVila']Why do people think that filing with the BBB will solve the problem? They have no legal power and the company isn't even obligated to respond to the BBB. All contacting the BBB does is makes a record of it so it can inform other people of the companies poor business habits.

Back on topic though. I have dealt with DD's horrible service with my Breaking Bad order. They finally shipped season 1 and I'm still waiting on season 2. I think all DD deals should be blocked from being posted on CAG.[/QUOTE]Chargebacks fix the issue, BBB complaint is for recordkeeping purposes, since I know they don't have any enforcement powers.

[quote name='shrike4242']Chargebacks fix the issue, BBB complaint is for recordkeeping purposes, since I know they don't have any enforcement powers.[/QUOTE]

This^^^

Lol, there's been a lot of complaints recently... it's kinda funny.

I used to work for their short lived retail store, and having gotten to know the moron in charge of the whole operation, I'm not surprised he's managed to run it into the ground as far as customer satisfaction goes.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I also sent back two items that never got refunded to me, and their cancel feature apparently doesn't work because the items I tried to cancel still show as open several days later.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have 3 open orders with them, but only one of them should exist: one order is what I want, one was supposed to be canceled, and the third is a duplicate of the first. Not only that, but I received (and was charged for) two of the same item, and the site won't allow a return, saying it's still open...since 11/4 :roll:

Current orders

11/15/10 Processing
11/15/10 Processing
11/04/10 Open

Oh my fucking God. I am sick of this derp company. I submitted cancellation requests for everything, tried calling several times (got sick of waiting after 45 minutes each time) and sent an email a week ago requesting a cancellation. Then I got an email telling me my order from three months ago is finally shipping. That I tried to cancel three different ways. Good fucking God. Luckily I didn't buy these two particular movies elsewhere, but I did buy some other ones that are still pending shipment (despite my pleas and begs to cancel the orders) What can I do now? Submit BBB report, I guess. fucking company. I'm in absolute awe what a shitty company they are now. What a disgusting, horrific 180.

It took them over 3 months to send me my Cowboy Bebop Complete. They wouldn't let me cancel it and still charged me for it. Luckily it came, so we all good. =]

Yeah -- just today I got charged a 3rd time for the 3rd order for the same item. I shipped one back with a note on the packing slip, and today sent them an e-mail, but I'm not expecting much. I'll give them a week to respond, then I'm just filing a dispute with my CC and never dealing with these jackholes again. How the mighty have fallen...

I wouldn't even bother sending anything back, if it ever came, just for the fact that I doubt I'd see a refund for it.

[quote name='sdragon']I wouldn't even bother sending anything back, if it ever came, just for the fact that I doubt I'd see a refund for it.[/QUOTE] Even though I normally would vouch to be compliant and return everything, Deep Discount and their affiliates are such scum that is was an honest return that screwed me out of an equatable refund that I have complained about on and off in this thread and to their customer service too many times.

I would be really careful with any type of return administered to them just like you said, especially during any type of special, like a buy one, get one, because they have some serious problems about judging monetary allotment and in my case, reading the damn invoice and the e-mail I sent them, which I guess is a matter of literacy. They still have my $7.49 from one of their mess-ups, with nothing to show for it.

Deep Discount is miserable, drop-shipping scum. I swear, we should commit our thoughts about Deep Discount to tasteful signatures to show everyone what they have done to us all. A similar action was the anti-ECA movement that CAG launched. It's just a thought. I am seeing so many complaint threads on the boards.

I'm done shopping with Deep Discount -- well, I will be if one of my discs I ordered over the summer ever arrives -- but they've never charged me for anything until they actually shipped it out.

On the other hand, they wouldn't cancel an item I ordered because it was processing even though it was out of stock at the same time and took weeks to be delivered, and they wouldn't give me a return authorization number for it, so I just marked it as "refused, return to sender" and am hoping for the best.

Still have an order that's been processing since the start of October. But I can't cancel it because it's "processing." What the hell does that even mean?

Well I mailed back the first order that I shouldn't have gotten, and got a refund. Just sent back the second one the other day, so hopefully they don't screw me on this one.

They sould have just kept to Blu-rays, DVDs and CDs. Why oh why did they have to delve into other items like books, perfume, cell phones, housewares, party supplies, etc...

They were quick to process a return I made that I paid for shipping myself and got a return number for.... but the movie that was backordered yet they claimed they couldn't cancel it? I marked it as "refused, return to sender" because they wouldn't give me a return number even though I specifically asked for one and that hasn't been refunded yet. I wonder if they're gonna try to screw me on it. I kept the e-mail where I asked for the return number but they ignored it when telling me how to return it.

Man that's too bad. I ordered some stuff from them maybe 1+ year ago on a recommendation from CAG. Got some great prices and some hard-to-find items. Have not had cause to shop there again but guess now I never will...

Ruahrc

During the last few 25% sales in the summer and winter, I've always received my orders within two weeks. A little slower than some other retailers but it's not bad. But add in all the coupons they have been sending me for $10 dollars off here and there and $5 dollars off, I've been scoring some crazy deals on bloos.

During this sale, I placed three orders and received two within a week and the other in a week and a half.

Seems like they are improving or am I in the minority here?

Also, I'm in NYC. Not sure if my location has anything to do with my faster (relatively speaking) shipments.

I didn't have any problems from the previous anime sale they had going, and I regretted not getting more afterwards because I was scared they were still DD.

The last time I ordered with DD, it was early-mid April; I think my order showed up late May, after I had almost completely forgotten about it. Well, I would have forgotten about it, had my bank account not been pinged several times from them (processing; disappear; processing; disappear, etc.) during that one month span.

bread's done
Back