Justifed - The Complete 1st Season [Blu-Ray] (Pre-Order) - $22.99 @ Amazon

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

http://www.amazon.com/Justified-Com...2AQ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291315472&sr=8-1

Cheaper than the DVD release...get it while its hot. For those of you not familiar with this show, here's the lowdown:

Timothy Olyphant (Damages and Deadwood) stars as a modern-day Western hero based on the character created from legendary crime novelist Elmore Leonard from his short story, “Fire in the Hole.” Deputy Marshall Raylan Givens (Olyphant) is exiled to his hometown of Harlan County, Kentucky after the shooting of a Miami drug cartel hit man raises debate over his renegade style of law enforcement. Unfortunately it isn’t long before the people he left behind begin to surface in the most unexpected ways. Raylan’s new job pursuing prison escapees, fugitive con men, and a corrupt local sheriff has never been more intense. Find out what makes Raylan’s Wild West, gun-slinging actions Justified in this thrilling first season.
I highly recommend it...excellent show!

EDIT: Price went up from 21.99 to 22.99

Last edited by a moderator:
The show was great, but there was a stretch of 4 or 5 episodes that had nothing to do with the narrative. Once they got back to that, it was awesome. This is a great show to supplement Sons of Anarchy, as the two run on opposite schedules!

[quote name='redshadow']The show was great, but there was a stretch of 4 or 5 episodes that had nothing to do with the narrative. Once they got back to that, it was awesome. This is a great show to supplement Sons of Anarchy, as the two run on opposite schedules![/QUOTE]

Yeah I completely agree. The beginning and ending are great, but the middle left something to be desired. That said, it is totally worth watching and anything Walton Goggins does is fantastic.

[quote name='KyleN']Back up to $22.99--that $1 drop only lasted a day.[/QUOTE]And that's why I emailed Amazon to fix the price when it had dropped and the auto-update didn't fix it. Amazon has done a number of these small drops and then price goes back up again.

ordered 2, one for a friend and one for me :applause:

at this price it's a steal, the show is brilliant and is easily worth the 40-50 or whatever MSRP is.

[quote name='redshadow']The show was great, but there was a stretch of 4 or 5 episodes that had nothing to do with the narrative. Once they got back to that, it was awesome. This is a great show to supplement Sons of Anarchy, as the two run on opposite schedules![/QUOTE]
The show was never meant to be a continuing episode by episode storyline, it isn't structured that way, it's the "monster of the week" structure and based off a short story which is based on those "monster of the week/case of of the week" short stories.

the show does have an overall main storyline but also that case of the week which made it fun to watch, one of the reasons why i loved the shield, you got lots of short story lines with an overall main and 1-2 side mid storylines, as far as im concerned all shows should have this structure, it gets boring and as you put it stretched out when a show follows something episode after episode after episode and sons of anarchy is a prime example, that narrative made 4-5 episodes of this season incredibly weak and dragged out, the "son" storyline should of been wrapped up 2-5 episodes into the season, not 10.

Wow, that's a pretty good price. Reading reviews, it sounds like I'll like the show. I also liked Olyphant's work in The Crazies, so it also has a leading man I like.

If you're on the fence, Justified is amazing and well-worth the purchase, especially with Season 2 starting next month. Can't wait for that.

Between all the DVDs, Blus, and games I am buying for gifts and myself I should just sign over my paychecks in December directly to Amazon

[quote name='WatTsu']If you're on the fence, Justified is amazing and well-worth the purchase, especially with Season 2 starting next month. Can't wait for that.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Getting this would be perfect to get you started on Season 2. I for one can't wait either.

Justified is one of the best new shows to come out over the last couple of years and a steal for that price.

I was wary going into it because of The Shield comparisons, a show I could never get into, but rest assured it is it's own show. Sure some episodes are better than others just like previous posts have pointed out but what show isn't that way? Hell Sons of Anarchy is my favorite show of all time but there is an episode every once in a while that I say ehh that wasn't so great but it's still good and better than most of the other garbage out there. Hey you could always go watch one of those new cake/cupcake/style/dress/fashion/weight loss shows with the wife/girlfriend...:rofl:

bread's done
Back